follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 10-09-2010, 10:08 AM   #477
virobloc

Drives: Toyota GT86, MT, Kyuzo Red
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hello guys!

Thanks for the forum! it's in my favourites bar and I check it every day
virobloc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 05:32 AM   #478
FFFL

Drives: Toyota
What up Everyone! I've been looking at this site for a while for news about the car. Can't wait to get it. If anyone here is into bass, let me know so I won't feel left out.
FFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 09:47 AM   #479
Niche79

Drives: '01 AND '91 Honda Preludes
Hey yall, im stoppin in to check out the Toyota for myself. Ive always been a Honda fan since the 90s but Honda has given up on sports cars or anyting good looking at all in the last 10 years imo so im eying new cars. Ive had my eye on the 370z but didnt intend to buy one until next summer/Fall anyhow so if the F86 comes out storming at 300 plus HP and around 30k then id be seriosly interrested in throwing down 5 or 10k downpayment immediately on one! haha Till then im just gonna stay in the dark corners watching and waiting.
Niche79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:42 AM   #480
C-Bone

Drives: '03 Tiburon
Welcome but wouldn't get your hopes up on the 300hp people are still hoping for even 200hp but in this small and light car should be plenty though on hoping for a turbo model also even if its 200 with the turbo
Old 10-12-2010, 06:05 PM   #481
Snaps
Supra Owner

Drives: 1995 Toyota Supra UK Spec
^ Even if it's 200hp with the turbo? Toyota/Subaru would REALLY have to f**k something up to make it that weak with a turbo.

Niche79, welcome. The FT86 should be very similar to the Honda's you're used to - lightweight, reasonable power, manual, etc. The 370 is a completely different car than these, it's heavy, powerful and is likely to be outhandled by a bunch of honda's and the FT86.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:29 PM   #482
C-Bone

Drives: '03 Tiburon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaps View Post
^ Even if it's 200hp with the turbo? Toyota/Subaru would REALLY have to f**k something up to make it that weak with a turbo.

Niche79, welcome. The FT86 should be very similar to the Honda's you're used to - lightweight, reasonable power, manual, etc. The 370 is a completely different car than these, it's heavy, powerful and is likely to be outhandled by a bunch of honda's and the FT86.
I agree I was just stating if thats what the power output was with a turbo I'd still get it, you can upgrade turbo easier than installing one from scratch
Old 10-12-2010, 11:16 PM   #483
Snaps
Supra Owner

Boost controller....
Old 10-13-2010, 05:21 PM   #484
Niche79

Drives: '01 AND '91 Honda Preludes
Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Bone View Post
Welcome but wouldn't get your hopes up on the 300hp people are still hoping for even 200hp but in this small and light car should be plenty though on hoping for a turbo model also even if its 200 with the turbo
Mmm well if its just 200 hp then ill be saying forget it. lol I just turned 31 and can afford much more than a civic si type car. My 01 prelude came with 200hp from the factory, so its like ehh lil low imo. I had heard rumors of them bringing the STI engine to the car which would make it pretty strong. Even the Genesis came with a stock 300hp engine, I just feel that in todays environment, and technology, that we can do better than 200hp in a sports car. I did get to drive the 370z for like 30 mins with the saleman and was so highly impressed I wanted to buy it then but got a mind slap saying dont jump on it till the gf has her ring or she wont be staying around long ! lets just say I guess I will have to keep sitting in my corner and wait till we get the final view of the car and specs. I wish Toyota would bring back the SUpra but we know that will never happen so guys now hitting the 30s with a good job have to look elsewhere
Niche79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 08:05 PM   #485
karasha
ft86 n00b

Drives: Lexus IS350 & IS300
^ HAHAHA. What, the girlfriend wouldn't approve of you picking a car over your decision to spend the rest of your life with her exemplified by a nice shiny ring? :p

If it comes with 200hp out of the factory but is turbo'd, what's the big hoopla about? Wait to see if they'll be valuable aftermarket performance options (if there wasn't, thats like having thunder and never seeing any rain)

They're not going to put a lot of power in a light car, because, unfortunately, a good majority of the mass population outside of car enthusiasts don't know how to drive. So stick them in a light vehicle with 300hp, they're going to start saying Toyota is reproducing runaway vehicles....
karasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 09:41 PM   #486
Snaps
Supra Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by karasha View Post
If it comes with 200hp out of the factory but is turbo'd, what's the big hoopla about? Wait to see if they'll be valuable aftermarket performance options (if there wasn't, thats like having thunder and never seeing any rain)
This is my point. 200hp out of a 2.0L Turbo is a ridiculously low output, they could easily get 240hp if not around 250-260 with the help of D4-S.

Quote:
They're not going to put a lot of power in a light car, because, unfortunately, a good majority of the mass population outside of car enthusiasts don't know how to drive.
I would go as far as to say the majority of the population (INCLUDING enthusiasts) don't know how to drive well, the difference being enthuiasts tend to keep thier driving to thier level of skill, and they slowly improve it. Whereas the general public (well, the ones that end up hurting themselves or others) tend to try and drive above thier abilities, which is where they run into problems.

Quote:
So stick them in a light vehicle with 300hp, they're going to start saying Toyota is reproducing runaway vehicles....
I don't think there is any way Toyota would release this with 300hp
Old 10-13-2010, 10:45 PM   #487
karasha
ft86 n00b

Drives: Lexus IS350 & IS300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaps View Post
I would go as far as to say the majority of the population (INCLUDING enthusiasts) don't know how to drive well, the difference being enthuiasts tend to keep thier driving to thier level of skill, and they slowly improve it. Whereas the general public (well, the ones that end up hurting themselves or others) tend to try and drive above thier abilities, which is where they run into problems.

I don't think there is any way Toyota would release this with 300hp
True. I have seen fellow car modders/enthusiast drive in some simply braindead ways. Mostly what I was trying to say is Toyota, now that it's the uber car giant that is trying to ensure their cars stay safe and reliable, may play it safe when giving cars horsepower, ect.

And I know this car won't be released with 300hp, I was just simply replying to a previous poster hopes that it would be.

Btw, very nice Supra, sir.
karasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 10:52 PM   #488
Snaps
Supra Owner

Quote:
True. I have seen fellow car modders/enthusiast drive in some simply braindead ways. Mostly what I was trying to say is Toyota, now that it's the uber car giant that is trying to ensure their cars stay safe and reliable, may play it safe when giving cars horsepower, ect.

And I know this car won't be released with 300hp, I was just simply replying to a previous poster hopes that it would be.

Btw, very nice Supra, sir.
Me too, and that's a fair comment lol, but at the same time Toyota needs to inject some life into thier line-up, and they won't do that by releasing a car with low power.

Thank you for the comment, I'm sure your IS350 and IS300 and very cool too! I actually quite like the IS series, including the newer ones... especially being that the IS-F is pretty much Toyota's fastest production car at the moment!
Old 10-13-2010, 10:54 PM   #489
70NYD

Drives: RX8 S1
look as long as they release the car it wont be a problem. if it comes with 150hp on a stock non turbo DS-4 enigne, im sure that within hours someone is gonna have a tune through the stock ecu or piggybacked to have well over 200 this engine has potential, thats all thats needed
Old 10-13-2010, 11:20 PM   #490
S2KtoFT86
Resident Post Whore

Drives: 2022 WR BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Zomgz I'm new here!!

S2KtoFT86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
6mt, bot. report?, frs, notreally, turbo