follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 03-19-2015, 11:40 AM   #15
Koa
Sweeper

Drives: '02 RA Bugeye | '15 FRS
Thanked 1,488 Times in 788 Posts
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by smg1138 View Post
You're not going to goad me into a flame war. If acting like a condescending douche on the internet makes you happy, then so be it.
It's not the end of the world that you aren't able to research and figure things out without someone spooning it to you, but to start name calling... tisk tisk sir

by the way.. look at all of the EXACT threads that answer your question, or mirror your request.. with information that others have chimed in to this one. Did you REALLY search? Chances are, no. You just are lazy and wanted to feel special by posting your own thread. You aren't unique bro. Get over yourself and learn something

https://www.google.com/search?q=defi...e:ft86club.com
Koa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Koa For This Useful Post:
OkieSnuffBox (03-19-2015), swarb (03-19-2015)
Old 03-19-2015, 11:41 AM   #16
Bergen23
Banned

Drives: '15 Halo FR-S
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Headers won't even make that much of a difference. Just get a drop in air filter and some new exhaust tips. Those will give you the best gains, along with stickers and a big ass spoiler.
Bergen23 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bergen23 For This Useful Post:
Aztec (03-19-2015), Koa (03-19-2015), Kostamojen (03-19-2015), OkieSnuffBox (03-19-2015), Rabbit of Caerbonnog (03-19-2015), Wayno (03-19-2015)
Old 03-19-2015, 12:57 PM   #17
smg1138

Drives: 2013 Raven FR-S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koa View Post
It's not the end of the world that you aren't able to research and figure things out without someone spooning it to you, but to start name calling... tisk tisk sir

by the way.. look at all of the EXACT threads that answer your question, or mirror your request.. with information that others have chimed in to this one. Did you REALLY search? Chances are, no. You just are lazy and wanted to feel special by posting your own thread. You aren't unique bro. Get over yourself and learn something

Sorry my web searching skills aren't up to your standards.
smg1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 01:33 PM   #18
BatStig
Some say.....

Drives: 2007 Subaru Impreza 2.5i
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wparsons View Post
I still need to catch up with you for a ride sometime to hear how loud yours is with the header!
This summer. We'll make it happen. I'll be at the DDT April 18. Also waiting to hear about SPDA's open lapping at DDT.
BatStig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 01:44 PM   #19
Koa
Sweeper

Garage
Quote:
Sorry my web searching skills aren't up to your standards.
We all start somewhere. Hope going forward you're more comfortable with research using the methods we've outlined in this thread.. at the end of the day it's YOU who benefits. Less clutter is an indirect benefit to others. Don't take it personally.. I like to solve the issues, not focus on the emotions that arise out of them.
Old 03-19-2015, 01:52 PM   #20
Jonsey

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
We all start somewhere. Hope going forward you're more comfortable with research using the methods we've outlined in this thread.. at the end of the day it's YOU who benefits. Less clutter is an indirect benefit to others. Don't take it personally.. I like to solve the issues, not focus on the emotions that arise out of them.

Clutter also comes from six posts in a single thread that only requires one to provide an answer. I am all for people researching and not posting repetitive questions and am generally glad you have taken it upon yourself to correct, but clutter is clutter.
Old 03-19-2015, 01:56 PM   #21
Koa
Sweeper

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonsey View Post
Clutter also comes from six posts in a single thread that only requires one to provide an answer. I am all for people researching and not posting repetitive questions and am generally glad you have taken it upon yourself to correct, but clutter is clutter.
If we view clutter in terms of posts within the threads, I may be inclined to agree. However, two things:

1. Typically clutter would be realized as similar threads containing the same information or fragmented out, as common searching is by threads and not posts. Not only that, duplicate threads spread the discussion focus areas away from each other, whereas focused threads with large discussions warrant better congregation and dissemination of knowledge and learning.

2. You're only taking into account this one instance. If the man is shown a better way, the initial posts expended by our crew can be offset by the reduction in frivolous thread posts of the owner in the future. (this one's harder to quantify/verify)

I've learned throughout the years that nothing matters before the word, "but" in someone's rebuke... if we wanna talk about unnecessary or cluttersome thoughts.
Old 03-19-2015, 01:57 PM   #22
Bergen23
Banned

Drives: '15 Halo FR-S
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonsey View Post
Thread is already made. Thread is a duplicate. There are many other threads about this. OP could have posted in another thread and not made another if he needed clarification.

Therefore, posting in an already made, duplicate, already answered thread isn't clutter.
Bergen23 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bergen23 For This Useful Post:
Koa (03-19-2015)
Old 03-19-2015, 02:51 PM   #23
wparsons

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S Manual
Thanked 3,351 Times in 2,134 Posts
Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatStig View Post
This summer. We'll make it happen. I'll be at the DDT April 18. Also waiting to hear about SPDA's open lapping at DDT.
18th with Hanson? I might have to pop by, the track is only ~25 minutes from home.

First SPDA lapping day is May 23rd, details to come.
The Following User Says Thank You to wparsons For This Useful Post:
BatStig (03-19-2015)
Old 03-19-2015, 04:35 PM   #24
steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Quote:
So, I'm looking at replacing my headers and getting a tune to help eliminate the notorious torque dip on my FR-S. Would EL or UEL headers be better to achieve that? I know the UEL headers give more of a rumble, but I'm primarily concerned about the torque dip. What's the consensus on this?
Read the "Basic Bolt on Mods " link below

UEL generally better in low/midrange (torque dip area)
EL generally better higher rpm
but not that much in it if you have decent header and decent tune.

E85 will help as well

Cheapest way is probably OpenFlash Tablet (tunes plus tuning/logging/monitoring device) + Open flash Header (UEL) for aprox $1100 with gaskets
and you can also run E85 if you want with supplied tunes.

Last edited by steve99; 03-19-2015 at 05:29 PM.
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to steve99 For This Useful Post:
JohnJuan (03-19-2015), smg1138 (03-19-2015)
Old 03-19-2015, 05:22 PM   #25
Estey

Drives: Scion FR-S, Ultramarine
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
if you really did search you'll find that there is near unanimous agreement that the more important thing on fixing the torque dip is a good tune and quality headers piece rather than what configuration of header.

That being said UEL (specifically JDL's) is shown to increase low-to-midrange torque over similar EL offerings, all other things considered

Don't you feel special that you got someone to spoon feed you now?
Quote:
I'm just trying to help people find information easier. Most don't know about focused site searches. Notice the subtle difference between telling someone to "go search google, idiot" and "hey, there's a way where you can search within sites for what you want".

Profound impact. Little difference.

It's all in the site:
Quote:

Quote:
By belittleing people with condescending remarks, you're basically saying "go search google, idiot." This, in turn, causes you to create the emotions that you apparently dont focus on...

You obviously arent new to the forums, so its not news to you that members duplicate threads that have been created a thousand times before. I just dont see why you bother to post sometimes, when you bitch about answering duplicate threads... Only fools are impressed by smart alecks.
Estey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estey For This Useful Post:
JohnJuan (03-19-2015), smg1138 (03-19-2015)