follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 06-25-2014, 01:37 PM   #519
CK_Bladesmith

Drives: Raven FR-S
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
@DeliciousTuning I just wanted to say how much better the new innovate update is. It's a hundred times better than before, especially while the car is cold. Damn fine job you did Bill. Thanks again
Raven FR-S mods: Unichip, Ground Control street coilovers with camber plates and strut tower brace, SPC Lca's, Drag DR-38 wheels with Dunlop Direzza DZ101s, Perrin CAI and silicone inlet tube, Perrin 3" resonated catback, Perrin high flow catted front pipe, Rev Works UEL header.
CK_Bladesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CK_Bladesmith For This Useful Post:
DeliciousTuning (06-25-2014), mikalem (06-25-2014)
Old 06-25-2014, 03:19 PM   #520
Dezoris

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 2,997 Times in 1,095 Posts
Mentioned: 159 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeliciousTuning View Post
I will be back in my office on Tuesday but going to see if I can get some updates out to a few fellows over the weekend. I know there are a few of you that have been incredibly patient and I thank you. Please understand I have not forgotten about you and all the tuning I have been doing lately is also for the benefit of those who have been waiting patiently.

I have been focusing on low end throttle response, cruising, partial throttle acceleration to make everything smoother and easier to drive. Also we have been working on idle quite a bit and been working with EcuTeK on a new table that helps with idle control under heavier loads, such as lights ON, AC ON and automatic and it seems to be doing the job.

Anyway that is the update for the few of you waiting for updates. I have been focusing a lot of my energies on these small areas but they take a little time to dial on on these pure Speed Density tunes as I do not have a test vehicle in our shop, BUT we are working on that. Custom turbo kit on the way for R&D.

Cheers,
William Knose
Delicious Tuning
Thanks for update, bet you will be happy to be back home.
Old 06-25-2014, 08:34 PM   #521
texasbound972
USMC

Drives: 2013 FR-S 6-MT Raven
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Garage
This launch control is pissing me off. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Is there a particular technique to it?
Old 06-25-2014, 09:48 PM   #522
whataboutbob
AutoX-10/10ths every run

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S AT Firestorm
Thanked 1,840 Times in 1,000 Posts
Mentioned: 79 Post(s)
Garage
Thanks for your time and help with the car and tunes Bill. The 8.59 map is working nicely.

[ Delicioustuning | Counterspacegarage | RS-R USA | Cusco USA | SPL Parts | ACE Header | Stark Performance | Infinite Motion | Ciro Racing | Build thread:Here ]
[ GR Corolla Core in White w/LSDs on wish list ]
whataboutbob is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to whataboutbob For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2014, 10:52 PM   #523
xjohnx
Grip>Slip

Drives: 13 SWP BRZ Ltd - Innovate Powered!
Thanked 1,716 Times in 1,031 Posts
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasbound972 View Post
This launch control is pissing me off. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Is there a particular technique to it?
you have to activate it within x seconds of putting the clutch in. I found if i'm sitting with the clutch in for a few seconds, THEN try to activate LC, it won't work. but if you put the clutch in then immediately floor the accelerator, it would work.

that's just my experience, though.
xjohnx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xjohnx For This Useful Post:
DeliciousTuning (06-25-2014), texasbound972 (06-25-2014)
Old 06-25-2014, 10:54 PM   #524
texasbound972
USMC

Drives: 2013 FR-S 6-MT Raven
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Thanks xjohnx! I'll give it a shot!
Old 06-25-2014, 10:55 PM   #525
protpibe

Drives: 4-Runner Sport - 13' BRZ SportTech
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
You also need to mash the throttle. Needs to be 100% wide open

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
DeliciousTuning (06-25-2014)
Old 06-25-2014, 11:41 PM   #526
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Drives: Edelbrock Equipped - Subaru BRZ
Thanked 1,682 Times in 581 Posts
Mentioned: 403 Post(s)
xjohnx and protpibe,

Thanks for clearing that launch control up. We have quite a people ask how to get it to work and seem to be having problems getting it activated. We have even gone and reviewed the maps sent to everyone and made sure that everything is active.

One thing we will also note with regards to autoblip and might affect launch control. In order to get things to work immediately as it does not always seem to, after the car has been reprogrammed or reset, start the car and let it idle for 5 minutes and do not touch the throttle. This will help the throttle control learn and also make the autoblip work immediately.

Cheers,
William Knose
Delicious Tuning
DeliciousTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 12:20 AM   #527
fooddude
Banned

Drives: 04 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner Reg Cab
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
@sales@delicioustuning.com @DeliciousTuning:

Do you happen to do NA tunes for LSx engines too??? Or do you only focus/specialize in tuning import motors?

Like say... if someone swapped in an LS3 in the FRS/BRZ. I wonder how much xtra power you skilled guys can milk from a stock 430hp LS3 NA engine?
fooddude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 07:18 AM   #528
xjohnx
Grip>Slip

Drives: 13 SWP BRZ Ltd - Innovate Powered!
Thanked 1,716 Times in 1,031 Posts
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeliciousTuning View Post
xjohnx and protpibe,

Thanks for clearing that launch control up. We have quite a people ask how to get it to work and seem to be having problems getting it activated. We have even gone and reviewed the maps sent to everyone and made sure that everything is active.

One thing we will also note with regards to autoblip and might affect launch control. In order to get things to work immediately as it does not always seem to, after the car has been reprogrammed or reset, start the car and let it idle for 5 minutes and do not touch the throttle. This will help the throttle control learn and also make the autoblip work immediately.

Cheers,
William Knose
Delicious Tuning
Bill -

Speaking of auto-blip, I never have been a fan of it because every implementation I have seen has applied a static amount of throttle for every downshift, as opposed to an intelligent system that would take into account the desired RPM and the current RPM then apply the precise amount of throttle necessary to rev-match. Is there any hope of implementing the latter with ECUtek custom maps? or do our cars simply lack the hardware (i'm assuming cars like the 370z use shift gate sensors or something of the like) to make that happen?
xjohnx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 02:05 PM   #529
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Quote:
Originally Posted by fooddude View Post

Do you happen to do NA tunes for LSx engines too??? Or do you only focus/specialize in tuning import motors?

Like say... if someone swapped in an LS3 in the FRS/BRZ. I wonder how much xtra power you skilled guys can milk from a stock 430hp LS3 NA engine?
Sorry we do not work in domestics. Though we could we specialize in Japanese only and that is enough work in itself. Though that would be a crazy build. LOL

Cheers,
William Knose
Delicious Tuning
The Following User Says Thank You to DeliciousTuning For This Useful Post:
fooddude (06-26-2014)
Old 06-26-2014, 02:11 PM   #530
xxscaxx

Drives: 2013 SWP BRZ
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Bill - I sent you an email about the new update for the Innovate map 8.59, but do you want us to also put a request in on the site? Just want to stay in protocol and not annoy you too much, lol.
@DeliciousTuning
xxscaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 02:40 PM   #531
Calum
That Guy

Drives: 2013 asphalt FRS MT
Thanked 2,867 Times in 1,499 Posts
Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fooddude View Post

Try elemental tuning.
Calum is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Calum For This Useful Post:
fooddude (06-26-2014)
Old 06-26-2014, 03:10 PM   #532
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjohnx View Post
Bill -

Speaking of auto-blip, I never have been a fan of it because every implementation I have seen has applied a static amount of throttle for every downshift, as opposed to an intelligent system that would take into account the desired RPM and the current RPM then apply the precise amount of throttle necessary to rev-match. Is there any hope of implementing the latter with ECUtek custom maps? or do our cars simply lack the hardware (i'm assuming cars like the 370z use shift gate sensors or something of the like) to make that happen?
Seriously great question. I will need to look into this but as for how the system works now it is a time based throttle percentage opening at a specific RPM. So If you are at say 4000 RPM and downshifting, the vehicle will open the throttle X % (ex. 25%) for Y amount of time (ex. .2 seconds). So it does not hit s desired RPM target.

Here is an image of what the table looks like.

Now having a desired RPM Target when downshifting based on current RPM and gear selection to provide the correct amount of throttle input would be trick. Definitely something to look into.

Cheers,
William Knose
Delicious Tuning
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeliciousTuning For This Useful Post:
AZFA20 (06-27-2014), xjohnx (06-26-2014)