follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions

Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions Discuss all other cars and automotive news here.

User Tag List

Old 04-13-2011, 06:27 PM   #1
C-Bone

Drives: '03 Tiburon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Going to Global RallyCross this weekend

So I didn't even know this was going on until yesterday (Tuesday) but ya, got a deal on some tickets ($10 each) and I'm pretty excited to go. I havn't really been to any kind of race ever, I think I went to a drag race when I lived in Colorado when I was really little but if I dont remember it doesn't count lol... There's supposed to be an autograph session at 12:30 and I've been trying to find something to bring (calendar, book, etc) to get signed but holy crap there is like nothing around to bring. According to the website it looks like Dave Mirra, Tanner Foust, Rhys Millen will be there along with others (dont really know em so didn't list lol). Anyone been to rallycross before? It looks like its going to be a blast!
Old 04-18-2011, 06:43 PM   #2
C-Bone

Well I just found out yesterday that this is the first season ever of the GRC so I guess it would make sense that not many people have been to one lol... However it was pretty cool, got some autographs and stuff. The only sucky thing was that there was a S#!T Ton of people and they obviously weren't expecting that many to show up because the scaffolding they had for bleachers filled up instantly and there wasn't really any good spots to see a lot of the track but we made it work. If anyone is interested you can watch rounds 1 (california) and 2 (washington) online at the ESPN3 website. Or for the Colorodonians () they are going to Pike Peak International Raceway in Colorado Springs June 17-18. My wife and I may go if we're there visiting family. I'll post some pics later on or theres some on global-rallycross.com (http://www.global-rallycross.com/mul...os-twin-peaks/)
Old 04-18-2011, 06:57 PM   #3
OldSkoolToys
Is a Monster

Drives: AE86, MA70
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage

Nice to see someone keeping the AE86's rally heritage going!
OldSkoolToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:55 PM   #4
C-Bone

Yessir the amatures were pretty good too