follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA

AUSTRALIA Australia and New Zealand

User Tag List

Old 12-04-2011, 02:41 AM   #1
PuGZoR
Long time obsessor

Drives: AE86 & depressing SUV
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Don't know about you guys, but...

I'm finding this to be the most interesting part of the forum to visit.

I don't know about you guys, but I feel as that I know enough about the car that I'm really hankering only for local information now. Not too concerned with the constant FRS discussion in the general forum...

Anyone else finding the same?
PuGZoR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 02:48 AM   #2
coyote

Drives: Slowly
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I think you're right, Mr Pugzor.

Although it will be overseas companies that are first to pull these things apart and see how much potential they really have, we just need to know if we have a choice of brands and if so, what the differences are.
coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 02:51 AM   #3
armythug

Drives: Pegasus White 86GTS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Does anyone know for sure if the BRZ is coming or not? This is holding me up from locking one down at the Toyota dealership. Because I have been leaning towards a BRZ
armythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 03:49 AM   #4
JFC

Drives: 2015 86, 2015 Evo X
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuGZoR View Post
I'm finding this to be the most interesting part of the forum to visit.

I don't know about you guys, but I feel as that I know enough about the car that I'm really hankering only for local information now. Not too concerned with the constant FRS discussion in the general forum...

Anyone else finding the same?

+1

It was only the other day i felt like getting out of there, strengthened by some yank miss interpreting something i said and i thought, you know what Yank, you can have it, ill wait for my local release then decide.

Are they still whinging and bitching about the a/c knobs!

+ i like the fact we wont see the 86 on our shores for a while, let everyone else pick it to pieces so we can see the faults if there are any.
JFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 04:06 AM   #5
st162celica

Drives: 86 GTS Manual - Tornado Grey
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
I just want this car already. Sick of waiting ! Been trying to keep my st162 going for the last few years until the 86 comes out. Wasn't expecting for it to get delayed this long.

I'm just sick of the complaints. They want a cheap car in the u.s but then complain there is no start button , or lights are crappy or don't like interior ,ohh don't like the wheels ...
Fkn Snaps me.

Either love the car for what it is, or just get off the 86 forum and go complain somewhere else.

When this cars comes out im not socializing with a bunch of whingers but rather enthusiasts of the 86. The guys that have been dying for the day for Toyota to finally release the proper sports car that they should have had years ago ! ! !

My gut feel is brz is coming and at around the same price as the 86, 40k odd on road ,low spec . Damm who knows . Everyone wants it cheap but really it can't be. Just happy that it's not going to be 60k !!!! With all the time and effort that has been put into it ! .

I just wonder what the spec models will be called in aus. Hopefully not 86 sx or 86 zr .lol

Wouldnt mind 86 s for low spec and. 86 r for high spec . Please hope that Toyota Aust don't use some dumb spec model names like they have with their other cars.

I'd rather there is no spec model badge or name, just high and low spec that has NO spec badge on the car. A cool 86 badge will do! Cool I hope ! Otherwise debadge.

Haven't heard from much guys in sydney wanting the 86 ?

Also has anyone been having arguments with subie fans that think this car sucks, well the brz version as it's not awe and turbo. Damm those are brain dead arguments , they just don't get the concept of the rwd n/a lightweight sports car !

My wife hates Toyota ! She just wants them to release the 86 so I stop talking about it, and get it and get out of the house !!! Lol
st162celica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 04:23 AM   #6
JFC

Drives: 2015 86, 2015 Evo X
Quote:
Originally Posted by st162celica View Post
I just want this car already. Sick of waiting ! Been trying to keep my st162 going for the last few years until the 86 comes out. Wasn't expecting for it to get delayed this long.

I'm just sick of the complaints. They want a cheap car in the u.s but then complain there is no start button , or lights are crappy or don't like interior ,ohh don't like the wheels ...
Fkn Snaps me.

Either love the car for what it is, or just get off the 86 forum and go complain somewhere else.

When this cars comes out im not socializing with a bunch of whingers but rather enthusiasts of the 86. The guys that have been dying for the day for Toyota to finally release the proper sports car that they should have had years ago ! ! !

My gut feel is brz is coming and at around the same price as the 86, 40k odd on road ,low spec . Damm who knows . Everyone wants it cheap but really it can't be. Just happy that it's not going to be 60k !!!! With all the time and effort that has been put into it ! .

I just wonder what the spec models will be called in aus. Hopefully not 86 sx or 86 zr .lol

Wouldnt mind 86 s for low spec and. 86 r for high spec . Please hope that Toyota Aust don't use some dumb spec model names like they have with their other cars.

I'd rather there is no spec model badge or name, just high and low spec that has NO spec badge on the car. A cool 86 badge will do! Cool I hope ! Otherwise debadge.

Haven't heard from much guys in sydney wanting the 86 ?

Also has anyone been having arguments with subie fans that think this car sucks, well the brz version as it's not awe and turbo. Damm those are brain dead arguments , they just don't get the concept of the rwd n/a lightweight sports car !

My wife hates Toyota ! She just wants them to release the 86 so I stop talking about it, and get it and get out of the house !!! Lol
+1

My missus actually likes it so far, so at least im on a winner there.

Anyways Ive been onto a buddy at Sydney City and although he knew very little about the car he said he will throw some emails around and see what comes of it, probably nothing we don't already know but we'll see what happens.

Oh i did find 1 thing out, if a car has steel wheels/hub caps and alloy wheels as an option then those alloys are fitted here in Oz, they don't come off the boat with alloys, well they do but only if the steel/hub caps isn't an option only alloys are.

Looks like my steel wheel theory is out the window.
JFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 04:25 AM   #7
Nardi330

Drives: 86
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
I agree that we have seen enough of the info and wanting to know the local spec badly.

I'll most likely get the Toyota version just becos of the name 86 sounds so much cooler than BRZ, which is too close to the CRZ...... However I really like the Subaru headlights and WR Blue.

Toyota will most likely to have fixed price servicing and I'd think insurance might be cheaper. Also Toyota dealers are usually pretty aggressive when doing deals with tons of dealers around I can make them fight over my business!!!!
Nardi330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 04:30 AM   #8
st162celica

Drives: 86 GTS Manual - Tornado Grey
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Actually my wife loves the car ! Just hates Toyota for taking so long to bring it out. As she has had to put up with me complaining about my celiac breaking down every 2nd week.

Really surprised that Toyota Aust are calling it the 86. thank god !!!!

I thought they would call it the celica, to keep the name just like they did with the corolla. Just don't go calling the high spec 86 a ( grande ) like my dads camry. Lol
st162celica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 05:51 AM   #9
Nardi330

Drives: 86
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
They will probably borrow Lexus' book and call the base "sports" and high "sport luxury".

My wife is cool about me 86 this 86 that all the time as I have trained her well with my MX5 and Type R love lol
Nardi330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 06:10 AM   #10
coyote

I really couldn't give a rats what's on the badge. It's what's under the skin that counts.
Old 12-04-2011, 06:37 AM   #11
FT-86
Future 86 Owner

Drives: Toyota 86 (Very Soon!)
Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by st162celica View Post

Really surprised that Toyota Aust are calling it the 86. thank god !!!!
+1
When they announce that the EU version is going to be called GT-86, it sounded like they are trying too hard.
I like 86, simple and no-nonsense.
If the Japanese call them 86, I want it to call it 86 as well!
FT-86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 09:31 AM   #12
coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by armythug View Post
Does anyone know for sure if the BRZ is coming or not? This is holding me up from locking one down at the Toyota dealership. Because I have been leaning towards a BRZ
If Subaru Australia were not going to bring it in, why would they fly a bunch of motoring journos to Japan for a private test and then schedule their announcement to occur just after they all write their stories?
Old 12-04-2011, 07:57 PM   #13
Hawx
Skill is key

Drives: Mazda 6
Have to agree, not so much committed to the general forums now. I'm just tired of waiting to find out what the price will be here! Depending on that, I may get it a couple of years from now and just go buy a supra.

Can't say too much about another half being fed up with my obsession, I'm young and living the bachelor life lol
Hawx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 08:33 PM   #14
celicajim

Drives: ZZT231 Celica
Yeh, I don't read far into most of the threads now, they tend to turn to drivel pretty quickly.

Local Drive away Price is the next thing that really matters.

TBH I don't think I'll be getting an 86, at least not for a few more years, when the Celica gets a bit too tired.
I've done the dual purpose Daily/Trackday car thing with the Celica, and I don't think I'd want to do that with a new car.
But if the 86 is cheap enough maybe I'll change my mind.
celicajim is offline   Reply With Quote