follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 06-26-2014, 03:12 PM   #533
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Drives: Edelbrock Equipped - Subaru BRZ
Thanked 1,682 Times in 581 Posts
Mentioned: 403 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxscaxx View Post
Bill - I sent you an email about the new update for the Innovate map 8.59, but do you want us to also put a request in on the site? Just want to stay in protocol and not annoy you too much, lol.
@DeliciousTuning
Do not worry about it at this time. I am redoing the support system to make it a little easier to use for everyone, but it will be a little while for that. But thank you for asking.

Cheers,
William Knose
Delicious Tuning
DeliciousTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DeliciousTuning For This Useful Post:
xxscaxx (06-26-2014)
Old 06-26-2014, 04:59 PM   #534
protpibe

Drives: 4-Runner Sport - 13' BRZ SportTech
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
@DeliciousTuning

Bill, I'm going to the track this weekend and they sell 100+ Octane. Any benefit to running 100oct or higher on the SD tune I have from you?
Old 06-26-2014, 09:04 PM   #535
Draco-REX
Corner Junkie

Drives: 13 BRZ, 11 STI, 99 RS
Thanked 1,518 Times in 701 Posts
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Just a note: These guys are great. I'm sure I'm driving them nuts with my e-mails and PMs, and they continue to help me out. BIG thumbs up on customer service.
Draco-REX is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Draco-REX For This Useful Post:
choi0706 (06-27-2014)
Old 06-26-2014, 10:03 PM   #536
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Quote:
Originally Posted by protpibe View Post
@DeliciousTuning

Bill, I'm going to the track this weekend and they sell 100+ Octane. Any benefit to running 100oct or higher on the SD tune I have from you?
Yes, we usually recommend adding in a 1-2 gallons when you are at the track. This will inhibit detonation under extreme conditions, such as heat, poor gas, fuel slosh, and similar things that are more prone to happen at the track then when you are driving your car around.

Cheers,
William Knose
Delicious Tuning
Old 06-27-2014, 09:02 AM   #537
xjohnx
Grip>Slip

Drives: 13 SWP BRZ Ltd - Innovate Powered!
Thanked 1,716 Times in 1,031 Posts
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Unexpected benefit i noticed with 8.59, it seems a lot of the nasty rasp/resonance that was happening around 4k RPMs seems to have been greatly reduced.
xjohnx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to xjohnx For This Useful Post:
Dustin (06-27-2014)
Old 06-27-2014, 03:48 PM   #538
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjohnx View Post
Unexpected benefit i noticed with 8.59, it seems a lot of the nasty rasp/resonance that was happening around 4k RPMs seems to have been greatly reduced.
Partially due to the DI/PI switchover but we also changed the cam profiles a bit to get it a little quieter. We actually had a couple customers request a slightly quieter exhaust note in the 2500-4000 RPM range so we worked on that and I am sure this is part of what you are seeing.

The added benefit of this change is more throttle control input on the engine also. So now you may notice you have more and more power as you slowly increase the throttle where as before that was very hard to achieve with this supercharger and not just our tune but any tune out there. This helps to achieve a better throttle control when on the race track or in Autocross to allow for controlled power and faster times.

Being I drive this setup daily helps to work on all these small little aspects of the tune above and beyond what only a dyno tune offers.

Cheers,
William Knose
Delicious Tuning
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DeliciousTuning For This Useful Post:
bakilman (06-28-2014), Ethan (06-29-2014), MINOCIN (06-27-2014), xjohnx (06-27-2014)
Old 06-27-2014, 04:01 PM   #539
Dezoris

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 2,997 Times in 1,095 Posts
Mentioned: 159 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeliciousTuning View Post
Partially due to the DI/PI switchover but we also changed the cam profiles a bit to get it a little quieter. We actually had a couple customers request a slightly quieter exhaust note in the 2500-4000 RPM range so we worked on that and I am sure this is part of what you are seeing.

The added benefit of this change is more throttle control input on the engine also. So now you may notice you have more and more power as you slowly increase the throttle where as before that was very hard to achieve with this supercharger and not just our tune but any tune out there. This helps to achieve a better throttle control when on the race track or in Autocross to allow for controlled power and faster times.

Being I drive this setup daily helps to work on all these small little aspects of the tune above and beyond what only a dyno tune offers.

Cheers,
William Knose
Delicious Tuning
I am glad you made the decision to change to cam profiles for quieter operation.
Old 06-30-2014, 07:17 PM   #540
acro

Drives: GT-86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
@sales@delicioustuning.com please check your pm
acro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 09:58 PM   #541
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Saw your message, it will be sent with the correct ECU version when you get the file

Sincerely,

Delicious Tuning

Last edited by DeliciousTuning; 04-11-2019 at 05:34 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to DeliciousTuning For This Useful Post:
acro (07-01-2014)
Old 07-01-2014, 02:56 PM   #542
hiranak

Drives: JDM Toyota 86 GT Limited TRD
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Hi William Knose, I have sent you a full message from your website as to purchasing "Flash and Go" Forced Induction Reflash for my Greddy Turbo Kit.
hiranak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 07:11 PM   #543
malave7567

Drives: (formerly) 2013 Raven FR-S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Got on a dyno early today... at possibly the hottest time of the day, 4pm in Sealy, TX (near Houston). Weather conditions: 96.67 F, 29.93 in-Hg, Humidity: 48%
Graph below is uncorrected dyno and AFR.

Also, does the stage 2 tune not disable the code that comes up when using catless headers? Hopped back on the highway and immediately got code P2096 - Post Catalyst Fuel Trim System Too Lean - bank1

edit: also, runfile 1 I don't have, but it was pretty much identical. The car was extremely consistent on the dyno.
A big thank you to the guys at DDPR for the dyno runs. @Boosted2.0
malave7567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 07:40 PM   #544
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Quote:
Originally Posted by malave7567 View Post
Got on a dyno early today... at possibly the hottest time of the day, 4pm in Sealy, TX (near Houston). Weather conditions: 96.67 F, 29.93 in-Hg, Humidity: 48%
Graph below is uncorrected dyno and AFR.

Also, does the stage 2 tune not disable the code that comes up when using catless headers? Hopped back on the highway and immediately got code P2096 - Post Catalyst Fuel Trim System Too Lean - bank1

edit: also, runfile 1 I don't have, but it was pretty much identical. The car was extremely consistent on the dyno.
A big thank you to the guys at DDPR for the dyno runs. @Boosted2.0
Interesting code, P2096 as this is referring to a catalyst's in-efficiency which is very similar to P0420, but they are still different. Now we only shut off the codes we actually need to shut off and the P2096 we have not seen a need to shut off for any reason prior to what you have posted. So this makes me think there maybe something different in your setup causing the trouble code.

Can you answer a couple questions for me.
1. Do you have a rear O2 sensor bung extender?
2. Where is the rear O2 sensor located in the exhaust?
3. Which intake do you have on the vehicle?
4. Which headers are on the vehicle?

Sorry to ask all these questions but I am bad at remembering and it is good for those that may have the same problem down the road for their information.

As for the dyno run those are some hot temperatures and high humidity. I bet your intake temps were well into the 100+ mark also, definitely not ideal for making power on a normally aspirated vehicle. But a good test to show how consistent the tune is in high heat and humidity.

Cheers,
William Knose
Delicious Tuning
Old 07-01-2014, 07:46 PM   #545
malave7567

Drives: (formerly) 2013 Raven FR-S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeliciousTuning View Post
Interesting code, P2096 as this is referring to a catalyst's in-efficiency which is very similar to P0420, but they are still different. Now we only shut off the codes we actually need to shut off and the P2096 we have not seen a need to shut off for any reason prior to what you have posted. So this makes me think there maybe something different in your setup causing the trouble code.

Can you answer a couple questions for me.
1. Do you have a rear O2 sensor bung extender?
2. Where is the rear O2 sensor located in the exhaust?
3. Which intake do you have on the vehicle?
4. Which headers are on the vehicle?

Sorry to ask all these questions but I am bad at remembering and it is good for those that may have the same problem down the road for their information.

As for the dyno run those are some hot temperatures and high humidity. I bet your intake temps were well into the 100+ mark also, definitely not ideal for making power on a normally aspirated vehicle. But a good test to show how consistent the tune is in high heat and humidity.

Cheers,
William Knose
Delicious Tuning
1. Good for you to remind me, I do have an o2 extension on my rear o2 sensor. It kept the P0420 off while driving around town before I got tuned. I still haven't gotten my car back into the air to take it off.
2. Running Borla UEL (later batch, I examined everything in person before buying and looked fine; that's the good thing about having shops to buy new things in store instead of shipping), so the o2 sensors are in the stock locations, but obviously there is no cat there now.
3. Stock intake, Perrin Drop-In Filter
4. See number 2.

I know it's very hot and humid, but that's the average Houston summer so it's a good base mark for what I should expect in the summer heat. I definitely want to get back on a dyno once late fall/early winter is here and highs are in the 60s-70s, and humidity falls off.
malave7567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 08:06 PM   #546
fooddude
Banned

Drives: 04 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner Reg Cab
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Only 169whp?? And on an easier dynojet?

I thought this 91oct stage2 tune was supposed to be +200whp with headers/drop-in/etc.?

Would love to see other 3rd party dynos using the Stage2 91oct tune to see if the 200whp claim with headers/filter is true/real or not.
fooddude is offline   Reply With Quote