follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA

AUSTRALIA Australia and New Zealand

User Tag List

Old 10-06-2012, 04:13 AM   #29
nix

Drives: AVO BRZ
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Any pics going around of it installed?
Old 10-11-2012, 05:59 PM   #30
davey90
Akina Speed Stars

Drives: White 86 GTS Auto [CID- ***]
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to davey90
SO.... i got my car into Toyota Service center to get my window visors fitted. I got the window visors from japan ( i think i stated that above, cbf scrolling up LOL!). They later called me back and said "Hi, we can't fit the Visors on because it's slightly off, you said you got these from Japan Toyota right?"

me: yah, i got them from Japan Toyota...
service center: we will have to bend it and stick it on, in doing that you'll result in the following issues later on, wind noise, may even come off, water leaks... do you still want us to continue or leave it?

Me: err....(took a min to think it through.... Maybe they cbf reading the Japanese instruction manual and tried to come up with an excuse? i should try myself)...no thanks, just leave it. Is the size of the 86 in japan, slightly different to Australian version?

Toyota Service: err....we don't have that kind of infomation, sorry....

Me: ok then, yeah don't worry about it...bye...
Old 10-11-2012, 06:04 PM   #31
KI_ZN6

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Looking forward to photos of the interior LEDs and the JDM window visors installed =)
KI_ZN6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:11 PM   #32
davey90
Akina Speed Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI_ZN6 View Post
Looking forward to photos of the interior LEDs and the JDM window visors installed =)
i'm going to try get the LEDs looked at, apparently Japan's 86 is different to Australia. wiring and apparently measurements of the car?

Just hope they can get the Sparky to come in and patch the lights up.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:17 AM   #33
a.beck
Doing it wrong.

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by davey90 View Post
apparently Japan's 86 is different to Australia. ..... apparently measurements of the car?
That cannot possibly be true, surely?
a.beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:02 AM   #34
stevo_12v

Drives: Mazda MX-6 Turbo, Toyota GTS86 37J
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by davey90 View Post
SO.... i got my car into Toyota Service center to get my window visors fitted. I got the window visors from japan ( i think i stated that above, cbf scrolling up LOL!). They later called me back and said "Hi, we can't fit the Visors on because it's slightly off, you said you got these from Japan Toyota right?"

Me: ok then, yeah don't worry about it...bye...
No offense..

But why would you get a dealer to install those the visor(unless you didn't have the necessary tools of course). Part of the fun of owning a brand new car is modifying it yourself.

I'll be tackling my whiteline install later tonight. If I can't do it or don't have the proper tools then I'll pay somebody the fun to install it.

EDIT: Spent a good hour and a half checking mucking about with the car and checking and re-checking the WhiteLine Install instructions... I've decided to leave it to a workshop to do it.
I don't know how WL managed to remove the mounting assembly without taking out the exhaust(pg 3, fig 5). And they also forgot to mention you need to remove one of the underside panels so you are able to support the underside of the gearbox(so you can remove the mounting assembly).
@86drift: did you have the same problem with your install??

FWIW I didn't have the stand to prop up the gearbox, nor the patience/know-how to remove part of the exhaust( (1)because its 1:30am in the morning and (2) I have a trackday 8am Sunday so I didn't want to meddle with the car)

Last edited by stevo_12v; 10-12-2012 at 01:44 PM.
stevo_12v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:01 PM   #35
davey90
Akina Speed Stars

I have an idea on how to install it, but wasn't confident in doing it, instructions were in jap. no offence taken dude but yeah, i'm currently doing it myself. found a diy instructions in this forum
Old 10-12-2012, 10:39 PM   #36
Ryan1JZ

Drives: AE93, JZZ30, ZN6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo_12v View Post
No offense..

But why would you get a dealer to install those the visor(unless you didn't have the necessary tools of course). Part of the fun of owning a brand new car is modifying it yourself.
who better to install a genuine toyota piece on a toyota? well, one would think anyway

when mine arrives i wont be touching it, and will be getting all mods installed by someone else. if someone else messes up your brand new car, they'll be paying to fix it. if you muck it up, you'll be paying for it.
Ryan1JZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 01:21 AM   #37
JiB

Drives: GT86
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
@davey90 , will you be there tomorrow? id like to check out the LED & visor

I must say, i was never really that hands on when it comes to modifying, but yesterday i took apart the center console to swap over the knee pads and after it was done there was definately a sense of achievement if you dont take into account all the swearing i was doing at some of the stubborn console components, it was a good hour spent ^_^
Old 10-13-2012, 03:15 AM   #38
davey90
Akina Speed Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiB View Post
@davey90 , will you be there tomorrow? id like to check out the LED & visor

I must say, i was never really that hands on when it comes to modifying, but yesterday i took apart the center console to swap over the knee pads and after it was done there was definately a sense of achievement if you dont take into account all the swearing i was doing at some of the stubborn console components, it was a good hour spent ^_^
lol! I accepted the FB invite and put myself down as "maybe". Not sure if i'm up for it. lol! I love sleep, so if i can wake up for the meet i'll be there other wise probably snoring off xD

Yeah sure, you can check out the visor, but for the LED, Toyota can't fix it they say "oh we don't know which wire is which they have different colours and the instructions in Jap." i'm like "dude, i did half the job of installing it myself and got stumped when tapping in the wires, because i don't have volt meter and other tools Sparky's use. So therefore i can't check which wires which, so i thought you guys have an idea since you have pros at hand"

they're like "yeah they don't want to wreck it, so they didn't want to touch it"

I rolled my eyes and went "whatever, i'll figure it one day when i get the tools" so yeah it's installed not plugged in yet.
Old 10-14-2012, 06:13 AM   #39
Nezz
86DESU

Drives: 86 GTS, S13, CB9
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
If you want to get rid of those smoker shades, give me a hoy.
Nezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:20 AM   #40
DriftEightSix
Pegasus White

Drives: 86
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Did you get the Interior Illumination Pack kit installed yet?

I found one forsale for $80 and want to see what it looks like.

I just installed my window visors tonight damn it was piss easy(as long as you have a mate help you) it requires it to bend a little that is how it gets the slight(good) bow in it.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:49 AM   #41
AL008

Drives: Celica 04
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I installed the footwell lights myself.

Pic of them shining down.

AL008 is offline   Reply With Quote