follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 04-26-2016, 10:53 AM   #85
86kahl

Drives: whiteout, dark tint
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Suprised this thread hasn't been locked after the inside job pizza thief allegations.

Moral of the story? Don't eat pizza. Don't buy pizza and leave your car running. Don't eat pizza with a clear view of your car. Just avoid pizza at all costs.

Pizza is the danger.
Pizza is the one who knocks.
86kahl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 86kahl For This Useful Post:
mixtape (04-28-2016), MrFisty (04-26-2016), Tectoniic (04-26-2016)
Old 04-26-2016, 12:15 PM   #86
mav1178

Drives: 2005 Toyota Camry
Thanked 6,093 Times in 3,029 Posts
Mentioned: 95 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
I'm just waiting for someone to blame Obama for this.
mav1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mav1178 For This Useful Post:
86kahl (04-26-2016)
Old 04-26-2016, 12:27 PM   #87
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mav1178 View Post
I'm just waiting for someone to blame Obama for this.
Trudeau Eh
AirWick (04-26-2016), Guff (04-28-2016), MrFisty (04-26-2016)
Old 04-28-2016, 03:07 PM   #88
ashtray
As Seen On The Internet

Drives: 2003 WRX, 2013 BRZ, 442
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Do you routinely leave your car running when visiting the pizza place late at night? If so, and if you are there regularly on your way to work, its possible someone saw you do this once and has observed you to watch the pattern. Then its just a matter of picking a day and waiting for you to show up.

Was the car running when the police found it? Its possible the thief didn't even realize the keys were in it and figured if they turned it off, then it wouldn't restart. Might be why they left it. Or perhaps they used it in another crime and ditched the car when they were done.

Also, if your house/apartment key was with your car fob, you'll want to change your locks asap. They had your house key and your address (from your registration in the car) so they could have easy access to your place - especially if they know your work schedule.

On the topic of small towns - I live in a large town (small city actually) and there's been a rise in crime here - armed robbery - there's been 2 in the past month when there was maybe 1 in all of 5 years before that. And in each case when they catch the criminals, they are from 30-130 miles away! They're not locals - they drive in from far away to commit the crime and then flee. That's the problem of living in a nice city that is right along a highway.
ashtray is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ashtray For This Useful Post:
Clipdat (04-28-2016)
Old 04-28-2016, 03:15 PM   #89
mixtape
Posts in the nude

Drives: 2016 WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86kahl View Post
Pizza is the danger.
Pizza is the one who knocks.
Baking Bread with Bryan Cruston is my favorite show

"Lesbian trees have no wood." - Scoobs McGee
mixtape is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mixtape For This Useful Post:
86kahl (04-28-2016)
Old 04-28-2016, 03:42 PM   #90
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Drives: 2023 GR SUPRA,15 FR-S (SOLD)
Thanked 2,100 Times in 1,397 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtray View Post
Do you routinely leave your car running when visiting the pizza place late at night? If so, and if you are there regularly on your way to work, its possible someone saw you do this once and has observed you to watch the pattern. Then its just a matter of picking a day and waiting for you to show up.

Was the car running when the police found it? Its possible the thief didn't even realize the keys were in it and figured if they turned it off, then it wouldn't restart. Might be why they left it. Or perhaps they used it in another crime and ditched the car when they were done.

Also, if your house/apartment key was with your car fob, you'll want to change your locks asap. They had your house key and your address (from your registration in the car) so they could have easy access to your place - especially if they know your work schedule.

On the topic of small towns - I live in a large town (small city actually) and there's been a rise in crime here - armed robbery - there's been 2 in the past month when there was maybe 1 in all of 5 years before that. And in each case when they catch the criminals, they are from 30-130 miles away! They're not locals - they drive in from far away to commit the crime and then flee. That's the problem of living in a nice city that is right along a highway.

Manual may be the best deterrent and he/she didn't know to clutch in at start or forgot to clutch in foot on brake at start
*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*
FRSBRZGT86FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 08:37 PM   #91
SeratoBeats
Herbie The Love Bug

Drives: BRaz
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
They had the key because he took everything off the key ring and left it in the cup holder when I recovered it lol

No that was the first time I left it running there but I do go there from time to time if I do a midnight shift and pick up a little slice

I don't carry house keys I use the garage code and garage door lol

A big suitcase with clothes was left in the car and everything left in its place. He was storing it in an ally way at Jane and Lawrence

I really don't know if they have been watching me. I just find it odd punks from Jane and Lawrence were hanging out at a random little plaza by my house in maple lol

Who knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtray View Post

SeratoBeats is offline   Reply With Quote