follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
86SPEED
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > User/Vendor/Sponsor Reviews, Feedback, Comments


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-23-2019, 11:33 AM   #1
gkubed
Senior Member
 
gkubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Drives: 2015 ZN6, 1987 AE82, 1978 MX32
Location: Virginia
Posts: 149
Thanks: 182
Thanked 61 Times in 43 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Where is Maximal Performance?

I've been shopping for an oil cooler for this upcoming track season. While mainly considering Jackson Racing units, I did stumble upon the Maximal Performance Oil Cooler. I went to read their thread on the kit, but it, along with all of Maximal's other posts appear to be locked.

Maximal isn't banned, the site is still up, and the product still seems good, but I have to know what's up before strongly considering their product. @vroom4, who appears to be behind Maximal, appears to be similarly inactive.


Are the Maximal threads simply locked because they're no longer paying vendor fees?
gkubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 12:16 PM   #2
Tcoat
He who smelt it...
 
Tcoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives: 14 FRS Hot Lava
Location: London, Ont
Posts: 53,542
Thanks: 47,791
Thanked 73,790 Times in 33,546 Posts
Mentioned: 1971 Post(s)
Tagged: 49 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkubed View Post
I've been shopping for an oil cooler for this upcoming track season. While mainly considering Jackson Racing units, I did stumble upon the Maximal Performance Oil Cooler. I went to read their thread on the kit, but it, along with all of Maximal's other posts appear to be locked.

Maximal isn't banned, the site is still up, and the product still seems good, but I have to know what's up before strongly considering their product. @vroom4, who appears to be behind Maximal, appears to be similarly inactive.


Are the Maximal threads simply locked because they're no longer paying vendor fees?
That is usually it but if there was another reason nobody that knows for sure will tell you anyway. Looks like they have been blocked since last May and Vroom has not posted since 2016 so you will either have to take your chances and go through their site or stick to the known Jackson Racing unit. I know which way I would go!
__________________
Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar, because Racecar.
Tcoat is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tcoat For This Useful Post:
DarkPira7e (01-23-2019)
Old 01-23-2019, 01:00 PM   #3
Takumi788
Spec13 Motorsports
 
Takumi788's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
Location: Syracuse NY
Posts: 1,078
Thanks: 516
Thanked 663 Times in 388 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
They are located near Corning NY. Email them at terry@maximalperformance.com. Great customer service and one hell of a deal on an oil cooler.

I am in no way involved with Maximal. Just a fan.
__________________
- Spec13 Motorsports #813 2013 Scion FRS Build Thread Website
- MFactory/YCW Suspension/SWIFT Springs Coilover thread
Takumi788 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Takumi788 For This Useful Post:
eastendraceshop (01-23-2019), Tcoat (01-23-2019)
Old 01-23-2019, 03:44 PM   #4
gkubed
Senior Member
 
gkubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Drives: 2015 ZN6, 1987 AE82, 1978 MX32
Location: Virginia
Posts: 149
Thanks: 182
Thanked 61 Times in 43 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
That is usually it but if there was another reason nobody that knows for sure will tell you anyway. Looks like they have been blocked since last May and Vroom has not posted since 2016 so you will either have to take your chances and go through their site or stick to the known Jackson Racing unit. I know which way I would go!

Thanks - I figured as much, but I haven't been active enough to really make a call. It's still on the table, but if Maximal was banned for X or Y I would have definitely pushed it off.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Takumi788 View Post
They are located near Corning NY. Email them at terry@maximalperformance.com. Great customer service and one hell of a deal on an oil cooler.

I am in no way involved with Maximal. Just a fan.

Thanks - it was some of your posts that actually got me itching for more information. It's a shame that their whole threads are wiped off the face of the planet. I typically read a topic to death before spending any money.
gkubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 04:11 PM   #5
Takumi788
Spec13 Motorsports
 
Takumi788's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
Location: Syracuse NY
Posts: 1,078
Thanks: 516
Thanked 663 Times in 388 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkubed View Post
Thanks - it was some of your posts that actually got me itching for more information. It's a shame that their whole threads are wiped off the face of the planet. I typically read a topic to death before spending any money.
I just contacted him a few weeks ago to replace the lines and cooler due to a barrier jumping out at me at the track. He was very responsive and mentioned a new website at some point. If you have any questions about the kit I would be happy to answer them.

Again, I am not involved with Maximal in anyway or trying to sell anything.
__________________
- Spec13 Motorsports #813 2013 Scion FRS Build Thread Website
- MFactory/YCW Suspension/SWIFT Springs Coilover thread
Takumi788 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Takumi788 For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (01-24-2019)
Old 01-31-2019, 01:40 PM   #6
SuperTom
Senior Member
 
SuperTom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Drives: C5 Corvette, '17 Toyota 86, Jeep XJ
Location: New Castle DE
Posts: 1,153
Thanks: 619
Thanked 589 Times in 365 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Damn I remember buying a catback for my 3000gt from him like 10 years ago. It was a huge bargain at the time!
__________________
SuperTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 04:20 PM   #7
Cartman
Senior Member
 
Cartman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Drives: 10 Series Scion FR-S
Location: PR
Posts: 322
Thanks: 74
Thanked 179 Times in 126 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I've had their oil cooler for a couple of years, and its simply the best bang for the buck cooler.
Cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cartman For This Useful Post:
Takumi788 (02-03-2019)
Old 02-12-2019, 04:16 AM   #8
jflogerzi
Senior Member
 
jflogerzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Drives: 2013 Series 10 6MT FR-S
Location: Moreno Valley, CA
Posts: 2,912
Thanks: 989
Thanked 867 Times in 669 Posts
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
MAP has a kit very similar for about the same price.
__________________
2013 Series 10 FRS #553
Tomei UEL with Stock FP and MXP SP CB
Upgraded Brake Pads Stock Rotors with Motul 600 Fluid
Koing Hypergram 17x8 ET40 FS Indy Hawks 225/45/17
OFT 91/85 Stage 2+ Tune Customized by Tor
jflogerzi is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS: Maximal Performance Oil Cooler Kit byun Engine, Exhaust, Bolt-Ons 8 08-11-2015 02:15 AM
Maximal Performance Review slicktop User/Vendor/Sponsor Reviews, Feedback, Comments 2 02-20-2015 11:18 AM
New Maximal Performance Site! Maximal Announcements, Contests, Giveaways 2 11-24-2014 11:00 AM
Maximal Performance Review z3ro User/Vendor/Sponsor Reviews, Feedback, Comments 1 07-28-2014 10:31 AM
New Vendor - Maximal Performance! Maximal Announcements, Contests, Giveaways 9 07-10-2014 09:43 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.