follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 01-24-2020, 05:45 PM   #15
JackRabbit

Drives: '19 Toyota 86, MT, Asphalt
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhayes1 View Post
I am mind blown as to how one wrecks a car going 30mph and takes it to the dealer complaining of issues and yet the dealer finds nothing wrong.

That must have been an incredibly lazy dealer....unless they charged you $120 to do an inspection and tell you nothing is wrong lol
Or, it was not even close to a wreck, more like rolling over a curb at pretty low speed, and the car was mostly fine...

It's hard for me to gauge how bad it was.

On the one hand, there was damage to bearings and a wheel, which some people here are saying means it was BAD.

On the other hand, the car drove perfectly fine after the incident, the bearing noise was so faint that neither my dad or the dealer heard it, and both the dealer and shop found that nothing in my suspension was damaged, all of which lead me to believe it was a very minor shock to the car going over that curb.

For sure though, I am pissed at how the dealer mechanics failed to discover my bearings were bad, when the suspension shop I went to noticed it immediately when test driving it with me (though they did say it was not bad, and plenty safe to drive on for a while). My guess is that the suspension shop is more sensitive to little issues because they do a lot of race builds, and the dealer has a lower standard of "it's fine".
JackRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 05:53 PM   #16
radroach

Drives: 13 BRZ
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPira7e View Post
If you didn't get new tires, my comment is worthless. After that alignment let us know how things are!

Trammel is when the tires are affected by grooves and surface abnormalities that cause them to wander. Tramlining is the term you'll mostly hear
Thanks for the explanation for that term. I've noticed a trammelling feeling from my Firestone Indy 500's as they've worn down, going over uneven pavement. At first I thought it was ball joints but there's no indication that they're worn to that point.
radroach is offline   Reply With Quote