follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 11-20-2012, 03:02 PM   #435
nonicname
Banned

Drives: it has 4 wheels and a motor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I WILL purchase this car at invoice, I've purchased 3 cars the same way.
I always get what I want out of dealers. I don't play their game, they play mine. I'll just simply wait.
nonicname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 05:11 PM   #436
fistpoint

Drives: Supercharged Golf Cart
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleewa View Post
hey guys,

just wanted to put my 2 cents in...

they DID try to swindle me into a 7% apr because they figured i wouldnt know the difference as a first time car buyer, but i eventually brought them down to 2.75%. i guess the 7% apr thing is pretty shady but hey, if you fall for that you probably didnt do ur homework beforehand anyway.
Anyone getting financed through the dealer shouldn't have a tough time of anything. You have have your credit report run and ask to see the rate you qualified for. You take the rate you qualified for and not a single point over.

"what's the lowest rate I qualified for? show it to me"
"that's the rate I'm paying"
fistpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 11:15 PM   #437
arleewa

Drives: 2013 Satin White Pearl Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fistpoint View Post
Anyone getting financed through the dealer shouldn't have a tough time of anything. You have have your credit report run and ask to see the rate you qualified for. You take the rate you qualified for and not a single point over.

"what's the lowest rate I qualified for? show it to me"
"that's the rate I'm paying"
ya that's what i ended up doing eventually. i qualified for their lowest at 2.9% but they managed to get me down to 2.7%. 700+FICO qualified only for 2.9, but they got me to 2.7
arleewa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:55 PM   #438
nishkabob

Drives: 2013 BRZ Ltd 6M WR Blue Pearl
Here's a vote FOR Suburban Subaru in Vernon, CT. I worked with Nick, who let me test drive the BRZ as much as I wanted. No pressure, totally professional. When it was time to buy, he of course wouldn't go below MSRP but never tried to upcharge over it. Just got a non-pushy presentation of interior/exterior protection, finance gap protection, and 2.9% financing. Sign and drive, case closed. OK, so I had to take the Homelink mirror and locking lug nuts, BFD… I was going to check out Bertera, but passed when I heard some less than wonderful things about them. Support the honest dealers!!
nishkabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 03:52 AM   #439
sc0urge

Drives: 2013 BRZ CBS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Anyone else having trouble viewing page 21 of this thread?
sc0urge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:35 AM   #440
gmookher
Banned

Drives: VortechSC,BorlaEL,Perrin,GCRace
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
are we adding dealers with great reputations? I got one who has sold several cars to forum members and is holding inventory for sale below msrp..
gmookher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:53 AM   #441
Deslock

Drives: 2013 DZE/01 (sold for MX5 ND1)
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nishkabob View Post
Here's a vote FOR Suburban Subaru in Vernon, CT. I worked with Nick, who let me test drive the BRZ as much as I wanted. No pressure, totally professional. When it was time to buy, he of course wouldn't go below MSRP but never tried to upcharge over it. Just got a non-pushy presentation of interior/exterior protection, finance gap protection, and 2.9% financing. Sign and drive, case closed. OK, so I had to take the Homelink mirror and locking lug nuts, BFD… I was going to check out Bertera, but passed when I heard some less than wonderful things about them. Support the honest dealers!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmookher View Post
are we adding dealers with great reputations? I got one who has sold several cars to forum members and is holding inventory for sale below msrp..
I created a whitelist thread a long time ago. If you add your stories to the thread, I'll update the list:

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8311
Old 01-15-2013, 01:47 AM   #442
exmayol

Drives: Acura RSX
I've been talking to Royal Moore Subaru in Hillsboro, OR. According to them someone walked away from very soon to be arriving SWP Limited with MT. Email exchange was nice and prompt but the price was not. At first they quoted it 1K over MSRP [+ ~$450 for options on top of that]. I made an offer of $150 over MSRP [options included, as I would not have selected them in first place] which they declined saying they now intend putting it in a showroom for 3K over MSRP. I suppose since the car is not there yet they can play all these games...
exmayol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:08 PM   #443
Marcoscrdo

Drives: 13' DGM Built FBM BRZ
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
i got mine from fitz rockville hopfully wasnt bad like you guys are saying for gaithersburg, But at gaithersburg they were ****s when i wanted a test drive. They were like dont waste our time if you arnt going to buy.
Marcoscrdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:27 PM   #444
wrohdejr

Drives: 2013 subaru limited wrb brz
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by exmayol View Post
I've been talking to Royal Moore Subaru in Hillsboro, OR. According to them someone walked away from very soon to be arriving SWP Limited with MT. Email exchange was nice and prompt but the price was not. At first they quoted it 1K over MSRP [+ ~$450 for options on top of that]. I made an offer of $150 over MSRP [options included, as I would not have selected them in first place] which they declined saying they now intend putting it in a showroom for 3K over MSRP. I suppose since the car is not there yet they can play all these games...

Go to Gresham Subaru and ask for Mark or Ivan in the internet sales department. They just sold me a wrb brz at msrp and didn't play any games. I had to put down a deposit of $500 and they found the car i wanted in two weeks.

Very happy with them. Tell them Wally says Hi.
wrohdejr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to wrohdejr For This Useful Post:
exmayol (01-17-2013)
Old 01-29-2013, 03:20 PM   #445
orwrx

Drives: 2002 WRX and 2012 BRZ
Not sure if this consider as bad experience, but me and my friend went to Serramonte Subaru, CA two weeks ago, and he was seriously looking for a white or WR blue BRZ. Story begins, ok, so we pulled up with friend's old Integra and the salesperson saw us pulling up and greeted us "how you guys doing, what can I do for you guys?", we go, "oh, we are here to check out the new BRZ if you have any in the showroom?". Then he goes "yes we do, but it's gonna be $10k mark up on top of MSRP." We go "ok". He goes "yeah, you can, but it's gonna be 10k markup"(second time he mentioned)." We both kept silent and walked in to look at it! Through out the whole "checking out the car" time, he didn't say anything, he just looked at us like "you guys can't afford the car or the markup" kinda face, he might not meant that, but at least both of us felt that way by looking at him. Then we told him, we'll be back! Next day, we went back with my other friend's brand new Cayenne, the same salesperson greeted us, he probably recognized my face, but he pretended that he didn't when we told him that we want to check out the new BRZ. This time, he didn't even say $10k markup, instead he was polite and guide us through the front door, leaded us to the car and started to tell us this and that about it, then he wanted us to sit down and talk about pricing, then we both said, no and we'll be back haha, he looks kinda dissppointed, but at the same time he kept pushing and pushing too! We have to raise up our voice with the word "NO" before he keeps his mouth shut and let us walk our way out!

My point is, they should not look down on ppl at first and give us a crazy high markup and try to scare ppl away, so he can avoid answering our question we may have. We go back with a $100k car, and he's all polite and didn't even say a word of $10k markup? WTH? Now you know we got money to buy, and you are being a nice person? Sorry, I don't buy that. If I or my friend will buy one, we will not get it from that dude for sure! Hate that kind of ppl, he should treat everyone the same at the very first moment, NOT after seeing us pulling with a $100k car!
orwrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:45 PM   #446
B L U E S L A T E

Drives: BMW E84
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Correction on the list.

South Coast Subaru is not in Huntington, CA. It's in Costa Mesa, CA.

Their sales and service departments are full of incompetent assholes (excuse my language). However, I fully support and applause their parts department. Anyone in SoCal wants to buy or service their Subarus, go to Irvine Subaru. For parts, go to South Coast Subaru.

As a bonus, I'd also like to add to the list Puente Hills Subaru in City of Industry. Just avoid them all together. Not even worth spending a second of your life their. Just avoid them like the plague.
B L U E S L A T E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:13 PM   #447
alexb99

Drives: None
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
When I visited Subaru Gillman North the salesman told me they've never had a BRZ in stock. It's not really his fault, but I thought I'd share. He told me to visit Fred Haas Scion, even though according to him the BRZ is a lot better made than the Scion, which was closed. The digital billboard outside the dealer said "FR-S! IN STOCK!" which wasn't true. There wasn't a single one there...

Last edited by alexb99; 02-09-2013 at 11:31 PM.
alexb99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:51 AM   #448
DBacon1052

Drives: Argento FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexb99 View Post
When I visited Subaru Gillman North the salesman told me they've never had a BRZ in stock. It's not really his fault, but I thought I'd share. He told me to visit Fred Haas Scion, even though according to him the BRZ is a lot better made than the Scion, which was closed. The digital billboard outside the dealer said "FR-S! IN STOCK!" which wasn't true. There wasn't a single one there...
Texas is a little hard to find a FR-S / Extremely hard to find a BRZ! If you do get an FR-S, I highly recommend Fred Haas Toyota WORLD not Country. Toyota Country's service is absolutely refuckindiculous. If you buy at Toyota Country, make sure you verify and have proof of every warranty you have! They are trying as hard as they can to screw me over.
DBacon1052 is offline   Reply With Quote