follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Old 03-27-2017, 01:55 PM   #9185
Clipdat
Proud of BOXER

Drives: Subaru Boxer
Thanked 6,845 Times in 3,675 Posts
Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
They just seem insultingly overpriced. Should be like $50-70 each not a whopping $150 each.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finch1750 View Post
Because you want them lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz
I'm old and lazy
Clipdat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 03:02 PM   #9186
spike021

Drives: '17 Limited BRZ CWP w/ PP
Thanked 6,471 Times in 3,207 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipdat View Post
They just seem insultingly overpriced. Should be like $50-70 each not a whopping $150 each.
holy shit.

That is absurdly expensive, lol.
spike021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 03:16 PM   #9187
PMok
Codename: Stitch

Drives: 91 MR2; 06 IS350; 16 BRZ; 18 CX-5
Thanked 5,436 Times in 2,307 Posts
Mentioned: 462 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by finch1750 View Post
Need a replacement at 130k??? Shit. My FRS needs one soon then too lol.

You should give her the Lexus. I got an 05 MR2 thats bone stock I'll sell you. Great DD
I've tried to give her the Lexus but like I said she likes how practical the tC is with the hatchback... she's hauled everything from Costco runs to Home Depot to IKEA... it's basically a minivan without the accompanying stigma LOL. Plus it's a "beater" we are not afraid to leave parked out in the supermarkets and malls parking lots, whereas with the Lexus she'd be more conscientious about protecting it from door dings and whatnot.

LOL the MR2 is tempting... but I feel like I would be more inclined to get another SW20 than the Spyder again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna View Post
Hey, TC105N crew! haha
we should do a group photo with the other local TC105N guys ... @MisterSheep
Edison (ahhh can't remember your forum name)
Eric @ Elite Performance
@Pish
@tigermack

who else am I forgetting...
Old 03-27-2017, 03:18 PM   #9188
finch1750
Undisputed El Presidente

Drives: Zenki 37J ZN6
Thanked 9,397 Times in 5,261 Posts
Mentioned: 374 Post(s)
Tagged: 33 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMok View Post
I'

Eric @ Elite Performance @tigermack

@Pish

"Just like how a strut bar somehow enables you to corner 20MPH faster around a cloverleaf on-ramp, when the reality is, you can do it already but you just don't have to balls to do it." - CSG David
finch1750 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to finch1750 For This Useful Post:
Pish (03-28-2017), PMok (03-27-2017)
Old 03-27-2017, 03:59 PM   #9189
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: GR Corolla
Thanked 3,014 Times in 1,856 Posts
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Eric @ Elite Performance
@Pish
@tigermack

That sounds like a good plan. Sucks that my availability is different from all you guys
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 04:06 PM   #9190
PMok

Quote:
That sounds like a good plan. Sucks that my availability is different from all you guys
How about mark your calendar for June 3, that should be enough advance notice to get the day off if you need it...
Old 03-27-2017, 04:21 PM   #9191
DHitHim

Drives: 2015 CWP Limited BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
LOL I have tc105n
Old 03-27-2017, 04:21 PM   #9192
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
How about mark your calendar for June 3, that should be enough advance notice to get the day off if you need it...
Is that the summer kick off meet? Lol
Old 03-27-2017, 04:31 PM   #9193
PMok

Quote:
Is that the summer kick off meet? Lol
Indeed it is, and likely to be the largest gathering of our cars in NorCal for the year. So you really have no legitimate excuse not to come ...
Old 03-27-2017, 05:53 PM   #9194
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
Indeed it is, and likely to be the largest gathering of our cars in NorCal for the year. So you really have no legitimate excuse not to come ...
I'll try to remember to request the date off in May. Haha
Old 03-27-2017, 06:53 PM   #9195
Clipdat
Proud of BOXER

Drives: Subaru Boxer
Thanked 6,845 Times in 3,675 Posts
Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
I was taking a walk just now around my work and stopped by my car on the way back. I was trying to get some stuck lavender flower bits off my car that are there thanks to my neighbors overgrown out of control huge lavender trees.

I was having a real moment, first blowing a quick blast of air on the aero fin to try to get a stuck flower off. And then resorting to attempting to brush it off, only in doing so realizing that it was stuck to a waterspot that was there this morning. And that in brushing it off, I felt a gritty sensation, and realized I'd left a few faint marks in the clearcoat. As I looked in shock at what my careless hands had wrought and silently cursed the fact that I have to park outside under a lavender tree that shits on my car daily, I hear something.

"Nice car! I really like it!" I turn to look and it's a strange looking older woman who may or may not be homeless, wearing a dressy light purple satin dress and lace blouse over top. Trust me when I say that she was not wearing it well. Did she just leave some sort of formal event?

I hesitate and say "Oh, thanks.." as unenthusiastic as possible, sincerely hoping that no more follow up comments will be made. "It's a REALLY nice Toyota!". A mixture of confusion and amusement wash over me, as I stare at her realized she has been fooled by my black Toyota badges.

"It looks FAST!"... Ok.. I can't let that one go "Well, it's really not very fast". "Well, it looks fun!" I groan mentally and realize I just inadvertently kept the conversation going.

"You know, I've seen a few of these around here, I'd love to go for a ride sometime!" [insert WTF face] O.o "Yeah, there are a few of them around here..." as I try to avoid acknowledging the second part of her statement.

It didn't work. "Yeah anytime you want to give me a ride, I'd love to go". OMG, so awkward. Never gonna happen. Need her to keep walking away. "Uh, OK, cheers, see ya..."

:|

Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz
I'm old and lazy
Clipdat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Clipdat For This Useful Post:
Kaotic Lazagna (03-27-2017), My Key (03-28-2017), spike021 (03-27-2017), Tcoat (03-27-2017)
Old 03-27-2017, 07:10 PM   #9196
spike021

Drives: '17 Limited BRZ CWP w/ PP
Thanked 6,471 Times in 3,207 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)

Quote:
I was taking a walk just now around my work and stopped by my car on the way back. I was trying to get some stuck lavender flower bits off my car that are there thanks to my neighbors overgrown out of control huge lavender trees.

I was having a real moment, first blowing a quick blast of air on the aero fin to try to get a stuck flower off. And then resorting to attempting to brush it off, only in doing so realizing that it was stuck to a waterspot that was there this morning. And that in brushing it off, I felt a gritty sensation, and realized I'd left a few faint marks in the clearcoat. As I looked in shock at what my careless hands had wrought and silently cursed the fact that I have to park outside under a lavender tree that shits on my car daily, I hear something.

"Nice car! I really like it!" I turn to look and it's a strange looking older woman who may or may not be homeless, wearing a dressy light purple satin dress and lace blouse over top. Trust me when I say that she was not wearing it well. Did she just leave some sort of formal event?

I hesitate and say "Oh, thanks.." as unenthusiastic as possible, sincerely hoping that no more follow up comments will be made. "It's a REALLY nice Toyota!". A mixture of confusion and amusement wash over me, as I stare at her realized she has been fooled by my black Toyota badges.

"It looks FAST!"... Ok.. I can't let that one go "Well, it's really not very fast". "Well, it looks fun!" I groan mentally and realize I just inadvertently kept the conversation going.

"You know, I've seen a few of these around here, I'd love to go for a ride sometime!" [insert WTF face] O.o "Yeah, there are a few of them around here..." as I try to avoid acknowledging the second part of her statement.

It didn't work. "Yeah anytime you want to give me a ride, I'd love to go". OMG, so awkward. Never gonna happen. Need her to keep walking away. "Uh, OK, cheers, see ya..."

spike021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 07:11 PM   #9197
CA86GRL

Drives: 2016 FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:

LMAOOOO I had a guy legit follow me out of the gym, all the way to the end of the parking lot, to tell me that I have a nice car and I should take him for a ride. Long story short. Trust me when I tell you I completely understand the awkwardness that accompanies that situation. I tried the whole "ah it's just for looks" thing and then it got followed up with some cheesy pick up line regarding my looks that I can't remember. I've never been so grateful that my car is in fact, fast, and I rode off into the sunset. LOL.

Idk how you could turn down a ride from an old lady in a purple dress though. Sounds like a good time
CA86GRL is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CA86GRL For This Useful Post:
Clipdat (03-27-2017), My Key (03-28-2017), spike021 (03-27-2017)
Old 03-27-2017, 07:41 PM   #9198
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:

Soooooooo... when's the wedding?

Oh, and dude, I wish that lavender was the worst thing I had to pick off my car!
CA86GRL (03-28-2017), Clipdat (03-27-2017), finch1750 (03-27-2017), spike021 (03-27-2017)