follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Old 08-20-2019, 06:40 PM   #113
p1l0t

Drives: 2016 Subaru BRZ Hyperblue
Thanked 9,371 Times in 4,813 Posts
Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Detectors are not legal here. If you speed you take your chances. I speed every single day and if I get caught I will just suck it up like a big boy since I know I was speeding. I won't blame everybody else or try to find some deceitful way around it when I know I was in the wrong.
That sucks they are illegal there. I think Virgina is the only state they are illegal in the US anymore. If he got legit tagged I would say suck it up too. If he really was getting passed out in heavy traffic though he should definitely fight it. Honestly I feel bad he even admitted to speeding at all. Does he really deserve reckless for doing 10 over with everyone else? No. If he never gave the Officer any numbers he might even get off with nothing. He might get and/or deserve a normal speeding ticket but then again everyone does like 10 over anyway so does he deserve the ticket because he has a sporty looking car and some dude in a Charger wanted to race him. That's not really fair either. Even if he was technically speeding to get out of his way.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
p1l0t is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to p1l0t For This Useful Post:
Spuds (08-20-2019)
Old 08-20-2019, 06:55 PM   #114
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2494 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by p1l0t View Post
That sucks they are illegal there. I think Virgina is the only state they are illegal in the US anymore. If he got legit tagged I would say suck it up too. If he really was getting passed out in heavy traffic though he should definitely fight it. Honestly I feel bad he even admitted to speeding at all. Does he really deserve reckless for doing 10 over with everyone else? No. If he never gave the Officer any numbers he might even get off with nothing. He might get and/or deserve a normal speeding ticket but then again everyone does like 10 over anyway so does he deserve the ticket because he has a sporty looking car and some dude in a Charger wanted to race him. That's not really fair either. Even if he was technically speeding to get out of his way.

Dude. His story is so full of holes it could be used as a colander. I was sympathetic at first but he couldn't stop talking and buried himself in my opinion. There is obviously a lot more to this than he is telling us but we will never know since he just keeps changing the facts to suit his current position.
If he got nailed by radar doing 10 over it would be totally different. He wasn't. He doesn't even know how fast he was going (or so he claims). All the conspiracy theories and pity support aside the cop had some reasons beyond the radar to arrest him.
He could have stayed at his speed and pulled over to the other lane when he had a chance the whole speeding up to "avoid" the charger was all on him.
Dadhawk (08-20-2019), Spuds (08-20-2019)
Old 08-20-2019, 07:39 PM   #115
ermax

Drives: 2022 BRZ Limited Silver
Thanked 2,045 Times in 1,188 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Snooze View Post
Ummm... not trying to come over as an a$$hat but why didn't you just get back into the slow lane and let the tail-gating car pass?

You’re telling me you have never had someone in a sporty car push you to get you to take off and you take the bait? It’s happened to me countless times. The guy isn’t claiming to be innocent but that the cop clocked the wrong car which cause his ticket to be way more severe than it should have been. Everyone here with Twins pretending they are saints on the roads is comical.
ermax is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ermax For This Useful Post:
p1l0t (08-20-2019), Spuds (08-20-2019)
Old 08-20-2019, 07:39 PM   #116
Sapphireho
Pressure fried

Drives: '15 ultramarine
Thanked 18,204 Times in 8,592 Posts
Mentioned: 154 Post(s)
Quote:
Dude. His story is so full of holes it could be used as a colander. I was sympathetic at first but he couldn't stop talking and buried himself in my opinion. There is obviously a lot more to this than he is telling us but we will never know since he just keeps changing the facts to suit his current position.
If he got nailed by radar doing 10 over it would be totally different. He wasn't. He doesn't even know how fast he was going (or so he claims). All the conspiracy theories and pity support aside the cop had some reasons beyond the radar to arrest him.
He could have stayed at his speed and pulled over to the other lane when he had a chance the whole speeding up to "avoid" the charger was all on him.
From all his posts, it sounds like OP is a complete ass-hat on the road, and we should all be thankful he will finally lose his license before an innocent person is hurt.
Sapphireho is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sapphireho For This Useful Post:
IceFyre13th (08-21-2019)
Old 08-20-2019, 07:40 PM   #117
p1l0t

Quote:

How did it change? He may be unsure exactly how fast he was going but he still got passed and they came after him instead. There were a lot other cars around. It's happened to me before too so I guess I feel for him a bit. I didn't get passed actually, the SUV was in front of me but they tagged him and pulled me over instead because he moved over into the right lane and I stayed in the left. It was BS though, the Officer knew it, I knew it, my lawyer knew it, and the prosecutor knew it. It got dropped completely no fine, no community service, nothing. I never said how fast I was actually going but I knew the Officer didn't know because he came up with some crazy speed that wasn't mine. I could have been doing 10 under for all he knew. If they tag a group of cars they should be going after the car they tagged, not other cars just for being near them. The Officer couldn't catch the real reckless driver so he tried to make a (mostly) innocent bystander into a street racer instead just to try and tie them together.

Old 08-20-2019, 07:42 PM   #118
Howaitoguru

Drives: 2016 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Man some of y’all must be police or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Howaitoguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 07:47 PM   #119
Howaitoguru

And why would anyone hope someone is going to lose their license. That’s how you make a living you have to drive. We don’t have public transportation around here and everyone has bills. That’s honestly awful, and yeah I used to be a real shitty driver along with being a shitty person and I did get a reckless driving for laying drag in my neighborhood when I was 19 but what 19 year old doesn’t do dumb shit like that especially when it’s their first vehicle. Everyone has experiences not everyone gets caught. I did get caught. This time around I also got caught I could have just let the guy ride my ass. Oh well. I’m going to get this lawyer keep my license stay out of jail and continue living. Y’all can hate all you want.

The Following User Says Thank You to Howaitoguru For This Useful Post:
p1l0t (08-20-2019)
Old 08-20-2019, 07:55 PM   #120
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2494 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by p1l0t View Post
How did it change? He may be unsure exactly how fast he was going but he still got passed and they came after him instead. There were a lot other cars around. It's happened to me before too so I guess I feel for him a bit. I didn't get passed actually, the SUV was in front of me but they tagged him and pulled me over instead because he moved over into the right lane and I stayed in the left. It was BS though, the Officer knew it, I knew it, my lawyer knew it, and the prosecutor knew it. It got dropped completely no fine, no community service, nothing. I never said how fast I was actually going but I knew the Officer didn't know because he came up with some crazy speed that wasn't mine. I could have been doing 10 under for all he knew. If they tag a group of cars they should be going after the car they tagged, not other cars just for being near them. The Officer couldn't catch the real reckless driver so he tried to make a (mostly) innocent bystander into a street racer instead just to try and tie them together.

Did you read any of it? It wasn't a case of he got passed and was nailed instead.
Old 08-20-2019, 08:01 PM   #121
ermax

Drives: 2022 BRZ Limited Silver
Thanked 2,045 Times in 1,188 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impureclient View Post
That other reckless conviction will definitely hurt this second time around but we are talking about a place that sends people to jail for doing a burnout and/or speeding.

The State seems like it needs money bad and it's citizens are paying for it dearly. I'd take this whole situation as a wakeup call to move out of Georgia quick before going

to prison for a parking tickets happens.

I seem to get a ticket every time I go through GA. The last one was a few years ago. I was doing 84 in a 70. It was like 400 plus another 200 tacked on because anything over 83 or something is considered a “super speeder”. In Florida on the other hand you can blow past cops at 88 on the interstate and they don’t even care. It seems like around 2008
when the housing market hit most states went nuts with the speeding fines. Luckily I rarely get tickets. I occasionally get pulled over but let go because I’m not and ass and don’t make up lame stories. I went around a turn at 70 in a 45 zone. I dropped to the speed limit after the fun turn was over and went about my drive. About a mile later I see a cop behind me and he turns on his lights. Turns out he was at the intersection right near the turn and saw me. He said something like, “is there some reason you are driving like a mad man”. I responded saying “I’m not going to make up a dumb story, I was just having fun”. He laughed and said he’s never gotten a response like that and let me go. I’ve been let go with a warning way more times then I’ve gotten tickets.
ermax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 08:07 PM   #122
p1l0t

Quote:
Did you read any of it? It wasn't a case of he got passed and was nailed instead.
92 was the Charger's speed, not his. Right?

Old 08-20-2019, 08:10 PM   #123
Spuds
The Dictater

Drives: '13 Red Scion FRS
Thanked 12,400 Times in 6,129 Posts
Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quote:
Amazing. We see every person and system blamed for getting a speeding ticket but this is the very first time the judge's sexual orientation was determined to be a factor.

Fully agree with fighting the racing charge but by the OP's own admission he was indeed speeding. That is NOBODY's fault but his own.
You might be taking this too seriously. I think OP was referencing that he was going to be sexually assaulted by the judge, assuming the judge was male. Which is why I suggested that the judge might be female and attractive. It's a joke.
Spuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 08:15 PM   #124
Spuds
The Dictater

Drives: '13 Red Scion FRS
Thanked 12,400 Times in 6,129 Posts
Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howaitoguru View Post
Metaphor.

Joke
Spuds is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Spuds For This Useful Post:
Howaitoguru (08-20-2019)
Old 08-20-2019, 08:20 PM   #125
Impureclient
Banned

Drives: 2015 FR-S
Thanked 2,903 Times in 1,282 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ermax View Post
I seem to get a ticket every time I go through GA. The last one was a few years ago. I was doing 84 in a 70. It was like 400 plus another 200 tacked on because anything over 83 or something is considered a “super speeder”. In Florida on the other hand you can blow past cops at 88 on the interstate and they don’t even care. It seems like around 2008
when the housing market hit most states went nuts with the speeding fines. Luckily I rarely get tickets. I occasionally get pulled over but let go because I’m not and ass and don’t make up lame stories. I went around a turn at 70 in a 45 zone. I dropped to the speed limit after the fun turn was over and went about my drive. About a mile later I see a cop behind me and he turns on his lights. Turns out he was at the intersection right near the turn and saw me. He said something like, “is there some reason you are driving like a mad man”. I responded saying “I’m not going to make up a dumb story, I was just having fun”. He laughed and said he’s never gotten a response like that and let me go. I’ve been let go with a warning way more times then I’ve gotten tickets.
Yeah, Florida has a few things good going for it and not getting dumb ass tickets for going 10-15 mph over is one of them. US19 which is a major artery in the area I live is 45 by me.
It's actually 55-60 though as that is just the flow of traffic. Where it gets to 55mph, then the flow is pretty much at 65 mph. You can be running right beside a State trooper or County
Sheriff and they could care less since they are doing the same. City police are a little more stringent and you just keep it under 10 around them and it's all good.

If anything people reading all this thread should be figuring out which dash camera they are going to buy right now if they don't already have one. And the big one, a radar detector, which solves about 99% of getting speeding tickets.
I've been running one since about 15 years ago and haven't even come close to getting a speeding ticket since. Last one was in West Virginia with a speed trap from 65->55->45 and the jerk waiting at the 45 mph sign with his radar.
Radar detector solved all that nonsense since. Running a Uniden R3 and I see them out miles before they know I'm there. With both a dash cam and radar detector, we wouldn't be having ANYBODY posting anything like this in here.
Impureclient is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Impureclient For This Useful Post:
Howaitoguru (08-20-2019), p1l0t (08-20-2019)
Old 08-20-2019, 08:22 PM   #126
Howaitoguru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impureclient View Post
Yeah, Florida has a few things good going for it and not getting dumb ass tickets for going 10-15 mph over is one of them. US19 which is a major artery in the area I live is 45 by me.

It's actually 55-60 though as that is just the flow of traffic. Where it gets to 55mph, then the flow is pretty much at 65 mph. You can be running right beside a State trooper or County

Sheriff and they could care less since they are doing the same. City police are a little more stringent and you just keep it under 10 around them and it's all good.

If anything people reading all this thread should be figuring out which dash camera they are going to buy right now if they don't already have one. And the big one, a radar detector, which solves about 99% of getting speeding tickets.

I've been running one since about 15 years ago and haven't even come close to getting a speeding ticket since. Last one was in West Virginia with a speed trap from 65->55->45 and the jerk waiting at the 45 mph sign with his radar.

Radar detector solved all that nonsense since. Running a Uniden R3 and I see them out miles before they know I'm there. With both a dash cam and radar detector, we wouldn't be having ANYBODY posting anything like this in here.

I thought radar detectors were illegal?