follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Arizona

User Tag List

Old 01-15-2018, 07:56 PM   #1
chazmuska

Drives: 2014 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Yellow FRS shooting massive flames!

I probably won't get any response but its worth a shot. I ran into two frs's last night (1/14) and we were having a blast racing around town like some crazy fast and furious crew. I was going to meet up with you on Higley and Ocotillo but I had to go somewhere and lost contact. You said something like "Tuner life"....your FRS/GT86 I believe is one of those special editions that come with the quad exhaust from the factory.

I wanted to know what that setup was on your yellow FRS that was shooting out some Massive FLAMES! It was so sick! Hope I run into you guys again, that was fun!
chazmuska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 09:16 PM   #2
alexjandro

Drives: 2013 FRS
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Probably one of these tunes on it

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61069
Old 01-15-2018, 09:34 PM   #3
PandaSPUR
PandaPandaPandaPandaPanda

Drives: 2015 BRZ Limited CWP
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Everytime i hear about flames coming out of the exhaust now, i think of the R35s that caught fire because of tunes designed to make this effect lol.

Don't know much about it myself, but I believe its a combo of tuning for a rich mix and no cats. FI helps.
PandaSPUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 10:17 PM   #4
chazmuska

Drives: 2014 Scion FR-S
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexjandro View Post

Yea, I saw that video. I didn't even see any flames come out. All I heard was some snap crackle pops. I asked this guy if he was turbo, he said no. He was just running E85. I think having a yellow car made the effect bigger than it seemed...but it was actually more like this car (and this one is boosted)...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iJw3LHchBA"]Subaru Brz Flaming Exhaust - YouTube[/ame]
chazmuska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 11:26 PM   #5
FunnyGopher

Drives: 2015 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chazmuska View Post
I probably won't get any response but its worth a shot. I ran into two frs's last night (1/14) and we were having a blast racing around town like some crazy fast and furious crew. I was going to meet up with you on Higley and Ocotillo but I had to go somewhere and lost contact. You said something like "Tuner life"....your FRS/GT86 I believe is one of those special editions that come with the quad exhaust from the factory.

I wanted to know what that setup was on your yellow FRS that was shooting out some Massive FLAMES! It was so sick! Hope I run into you guys again, that was fun!
Bro! Whatup! Hit me up on IG: bwaaap86. The RS1 was IG: dk8six.
Harrop Supercharger | Delicious Tuning Flex Fuel Kit | ACE Type-A 350 Header + OP | CSG Touring 86 Catback | RacerX Fabrication Catch Can | Jackson Racing Dual Radiator/Oil Cooler | Tuned by Zach from CSG

Last edited by FunnyGopher; 01-15-2018 at 11:37 PM.
FunnyGopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 11:27 PM   #6
FunnyGopher

Quote:
He's got a custom EcuTek tune from a local tuner that tunes the 86s in the club. IG: db_tuned
Harrop Supercharger | Delicious Tuning Flex Fuel Kit | ACE Type-A 350 Header + OP | CSG Touring 86 Catback | RacerX Fabrication Catch Can | Jackson Racing Dual Radiator/Oil Cooler | Tuned by Zach from CSG
Old 01-16-2018, 12:01 AM   #7
alexjandro

Drives: 2013 FRS
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunnyGopher View Post
He's got a custom EcuTek tune from a local tuner that tunes the 86s in the club. IG: db_tuned
Sweet!
Old 01-16-2018, 12:04 AM   #8
FunnyGopher

Quote:
Sweet!
It is pretty sweet! Driving behind him, you can really see/hear it. It doesn't really flamethrower like the 86 in that video above, but it does shoot a quick flame and sound like a gun shot. It's a good laugh every time.
Old 01-16-2018, 02:46 AM   #9
GT864lyfe
Dk8six

Drives: Scion FR-S
Quote:
Originally Posted by chazmuska View Post

Hey brotha! I own the yellow frs! It's the trd rs1 😎 the other guy we were pulling with is on here and I have logged on in forever. So I'm glad he saw this, hit me up on Instagram: @DK8six and on fb david Andrew Kiser.
GT864lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote