follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List
go_a_way1

Old 05-12-2018, 07:27 AM   #10641
WNDSRFR

Drives: FR-S,GTI
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cool
Looks like this might be for real. I like how they put it on the Subaru with the oversized turbo to eliminate lag. I don't know about having lithium batteries under my hood though.
WNDSRFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 01:44 PM   #10642
ecologymagnet

Drives: NB2 1.6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Hello,

I am interested in this type of turbos.

What size of motor and turbo are you using?

Thank you very much.
ecologymagnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 01:46 PM   #10643
ecologymagnet

Drives: NB2 1.6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormalong View Post
For sale: Rev 1.5 Phantom Supercharger (about 4 years old)

I believe the controller is damaged. Probably someone good with electronics could fix it. Everything else is in working condition.

Includes Procede controller (which is awesome BTW)

Includes OpenFlash Tablet for tuning

Includes battery pack (1.5 dump pack plus PC680 starter) if you want it, although it might be expensive to ship.

Considered just discarding it since its damaged, but that seems like a waste, maybe someone can use the parts or something.

Make an offer.

PM me or email stormalong@gmail.com
MP
ecologymagnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 12:07 AM   #10644
BlOody_BoOger

Drives: Hot lava FRS Monogram Charizard
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
How well does the openflash tablet do at reading boost? I was doing some pulls with my car and noticed i'm only producing about 3.9psi max....I'm running the new battery configuration w/out the procede. Im wondering if with a little tweaking shiv can bump that number up a bit?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
BlOody_BoOger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 02:24 AM   #10645
Target70

Drives: 2013 Asphalt 6spd
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlOody_BoOger View Post
How well does the openflash tablet do at reading boost? I was doing some pulls with my car and noticed i'm only producing about 3.9psi max....I'm running the new battery configuration w/out the procede. Im wondering if with a little tweaking shiv can bump that number up a bit?

That seems a little low. What rpm were you at? Is the compressor perfectly strait in line with the throttle body?

I don't know if this will work, but I have my runs up on datazap that I recorded with the proceed and I topped out at 4.79lbs at 2991 rpms.

https://datazap.me/u/target70/esc-du...1&zoom=504-691
Old 07-11-2018, 01:56 PM   #10646
86TOYO2k17

Drives: 2017 toyota 86
Thanked 1,188 Times in 781 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
The torqamp does seem very interesting, on the 2L Honda it was still making 1.3bar at 5k, would probably make 1.2 at 7k for us. However it’s 3400$ not counting shipping. About 1400$ more then the phantom esc, but this comes with the battery and everything looks pretty simple and plug n play. Should make 7psi tapering to around 2.5-3psi at redline. A bit better then the phantoms 5 tapered to 1.5psi. Hopefully someone will bite the bullet and post up their results for us.
86TOYO2k17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 02:04 AM   #10647
BlOody_BoOger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Target70 View Post
That seems a little low. What rpm were you at? Is the compressor perfectly strait in line with the throttle body?

I don't know if this will work, but I have my runs up on datazap that I recorded with the proceed and I topped out at 4.79lbs at 2991 rpms.

https://datazap.me/u/target70/esc-du...1&zoom=504-691
I was hitting 3.9psi right at around 3500rpm, this could be to the fact that I have the throttle switch all the way back so I have to really go full throttle to engage...I have to confess when installing the batteries they did accidentally make contact with eachother, and one time I left the lights on in the car and it died for a second but i was able to start the car up again without a jump start by just letting it sit for 30min.

Old 07-12-2018, 04:31 AM   #10648
Target70

Quote:
I was hitting 3.9psi right at around 3500rpm, this could be to the fact that I have the throttle switch all the way back so I have to really go full throttle to engage...I have to confess when installing the batteries they did accidentally make contact with eachother, and one time I left the lights on in the car and it died for a second but i was able to start the car up again without a jump start by just letting it sit for 30min.

It still seems a little low, but then again I was/am running two sets of the original batteries in parallel, dubbed dump 2.0. And I sparked mine once on install too. Not sure, there are a number of factors to account for. Is you intake filter dirty? intake leaks? batteries cold? controller too hot? compressor not aligned perfectly.
Or is the display refresh rate too slow to catch the max readings. I would suggest you do a run and record it, then check the data to confirm.
Old 07-12-2018, 09:23 AM   #10649
BlOody_BoOger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Target70 View Post
It still seems a little low, but then again I was/am running two sets of the original batteries in parallel, dubbed dump 2.0. And I sparked mine once on install too. Not sure, there are a number of factors to account for. Is you intake filter dirty? intake leaks? batteries cold? controller too hot? compressor not aligned perfectly.
Or is the display refresh rate too slow to catch the max readings. I would suggest you do a run and record it, then check the data to confirm.
I have noticed that the refresh rate is a lil slow im not running an auxillary charger, and when I hit boost it does start to climb right back up but it'll take a good min. Before it gets back up to 28.4 thats where it normally sits for me.

Old 07-12-2018, 09:23 AM   #10650
BlOody_BoOger

Anybody selling an auxillary charger?

Old 07-12-2018, 02:18 PM   #10651
Target70

Quote:
I have noticed that the refresh rate is a lil slow im not running an auxillary charger, and when I hit boost it does start to climb right back up but it'll take a good min. Before it gets back up to 28.4 thats where it normally sits for me.

sorry, I was talking about the refresh rate of the OFT display. In the 1 second you are under boost and still under 3500 rpm, it will probably only cycle 2 or 3 times, so your boost could peak above what you are seeing, and drop down again before it displays it.
Old 08-13-2018, 07:18 PM   #10652
BlOody_BoOger

Does anyone know if we can go to like autozone to check if our batteries are still good?

Old 09-01-2018, 01:27 PM   #10653
vfrqqq
Ultra Senior Member

Drives: 2014 BRZ Premium, WRB
Has anyone had cause to replace the controller for the Phantom ESC? I did a dummy move and arced my wrench across the battery terminals and got some sparks and smoke from the controller before I could break the connection. Other than that, been going strong with the Phantom ESC for four years now and loving every second of it!
vfrqqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 01:30 PM   #10654
Sojhinn
Lightning McQueen Driver

Drives: Limited Red 6MT BRZ
Thanked 1,167 Times in 644 Posts
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vfrqqq View Post
Has anyone had cause to replace the controller for the Phantom ESC? I did a dummy move and arced my wrench across the battery terminals and got some sparks and smoke from the controller before I could break the connection. Other than that, been going strong with the Phantom ESC for four years now and loving every second of it!

There's a good chance you destroyed the controller. Does it still work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Installed Mods:
Phantom Electric Super Charger | Open Flash Tune | Perrin OP/ HFC Front pipe | Invidia Q300 catback | ST Suspension | JDL Header | Flex Fuel
Sojhinn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
26$ / wtq, affordable boost, better than turbo, brz electric supercharger, do want, dumbass freddy, electric shrimpage, electric supercharger, electronic supercharger, epic thread tag, fanboy circle jerk!, freddy keyboardwarrior, frs electric supercharger, get a real blower, haters gonna hate, hows the battery life?, lol, moar powa, nos with battery, one gear race champion, only pulls hard once, phantom charge, pm-robftss to order!, release date=not yet, release it already!, released!, rice, shut up and take our $$$, snake oil claims, street only, super pursuit mode, the price isn't known yet, tq300 plzkkthxbai, wooshy noise, yes turbo is better, yes turbo is expensive