follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
86SPEED
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-08-2016, 09:56 PM   #1415
Tor
Senior Member
 
Tor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Drives: Toyota GT86
Location: Europe
Posts: 910
Thanks: 368
Thanked 529 Times in 292 Posts
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve99 View Post
yep you could run it through the maf scaling utility again.

of if its just in that one particular area just reduce the maf flow numbers 5% in that area trying to keep the curve smooth
Thanks again. I'll give it a few more km to see if it changes anything, then I will start to dig into MAF scaling... it seems like there is no way around learning how that works.
Tor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 01:55 PM   #1416
refriedspinach
Member
 
refriedspinach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Drives: 2016 Raven FRS
Location: Vancouver BC
Posts: 13
Thanks: 2
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I recently tuned my car with the OFT to get most benfits from my UEL tomei headers.
I've been doing datalogging as im using Canadian fuel. I'm using chevron 94 for the stg 2 UEL 91 ROM.

http://datazap.me/u/refriedspinach/l...data=1-5-12-14
Here's the first run, which includes the ECU learning.


http://datazap.me/u/refriedspinach/log-1470805319?log=0&data=5-10-11-12-14
Here's my run form the end of day yesterday, about 20 mins after tuning to stage 2 and steadily cruising around.


-Is the FLKC supposed to be going crazy into +/- 100 like that?
-The Advance Multiplier(Is this IAM?) is staying at 0, and didn't move the full trip.
-knock correction didn't move the full trip either

@Boomerang Mentioned that with a ZA1JF40C CAL ID (I'm driving a 2016 MT) the OFT cant log some parameters properly. Is this the case?
I've tried searching everywhere but couldnt really find an answer to questions I have.
refriedspinach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 01:24 PM   #1417
tinma
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Drives: '13 BRZ
Location: Canada
Posts: 495
Thanks: 479
Thanked 170 Times in 117 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
To start this off, I am very new to the tuning world so please go easy on me. I'm learning as I go on.

So I did a data log with my OFT of a 3rd gear pull yesterday from 2000rpm to redline.

http://datazap.me/u/tinma/log-147093...-9-10-11-12-13

I added the alarms that are on the OFT Tips & Tricks page and every so often these following alarms go off. I would also like to add that I seem to have backfire every so often coming out of 1st gear.

Alert B ( knock alert & Fuel Trim alert)

For E85 suggest -1 for Petrol may -2
FLKC < -1
Knock Correction < -1
IAM < 0.9
LTFT > +10
LTFT < -10



Alert C running lean alert
you might have to tweak AFR for petrol/E85 try 13 for E85 12.5 Petrol
RPM > 5000
Engine Load > 1
AFR > 13
Select AND at bottom of screen


I dont think the 3rd gear pull log will give me much info on this issue, but I feel like its a step in the right direction. If someone could give me a hand with this, I would greatly appreciate it! @steve99 or @Wayno if you have any input on this?

Running on 91oct stage 2 OFT tune with UEL header and drop-in filter

Last edited by tinma; 08-12-2016 at 12:51 PM.
tinma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 03:54 PM   #1418
denso
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Drives: 86
Location: Germany
Posts: 84
Thanks: 56
Thanked 17 Times in 15 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I want to share my logs via datazap but the only thing i can see is "#encoding: utf8". I logged with ecutek and saved the .csv file to datazap.... can anybody help?




edit: http://datazap.me/u/denso/1?log=0&data=0&solo=0
denso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 04:21 PM   #1419
phrosty
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Drives: 2013 FR-S
Location: Chicago
Posts: 799
Thanks: 199
Thanked 311 Times in 195 Posts
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by denso View Post
I want to share my logs via datazap but the only thing i can see is "#encoding: utf8". I logged with ecutek and saved the .csv file to datazap.... can anybody help?
Does the first line of your file have #encoding, and then the rest have all the parameters? If so, delete that line.
__________________
2013 Whiteout 6AT FR-S | Perrin Inlet Tube + 2.75" CAI | OpenFlash Header | P&L Catback | 4.88 Final Drive | Dialed in OFT 2.0x Stage 2 E85 | 18x8 Enkei Raijin + 225/40 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | 17x7 Stock + 215/45 Michelin X-Ice Xi-2
phrosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 04:31 PM   #1420
denso
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Drives: 86
Location: Germany
Posts: 84
Thanks: 56
Thanked 17 Times in 15 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
First and only line is encoding... I can only see the seconds. No parameters
denso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 05:21 PM   #1421
Kodename47
Senior Member
 
Kodename47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Drives: UK GT86
Location: UK
Posts: 2,699
Thanks: 171
Thanked 1,380 Times in 951 Posts
Mentioned: 131 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by denso View Post
First and only line is encoding... I can only see the seconds. No parameters
Open it in Excel You want the top row to be the column headers. Recently ECUtek have added info into the top like OFT does.
__________________
.: Stealth 86 :.
Abbey Motorsport/K47 Tuned Sprintex 210 Supercharger

Litchfield Springs / Abbey MS Geo
Kodename47 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kodename47 For This Useful Post:
denso (08-11-2016)
Old 08-11-2016, 07:13 PM   #1422
denso
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Drives: 86
Location: Germany
Posts: 84
Thanks: 56
Thanked 17 Times in 15 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodename47 View Post
Open it in Excel You want the top row to be the column headers. Recently ECUtek have added info into the top like OFT does.
it worked with wordpad, too
denso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 01:56 AM   #1423
steve99
Senior Member
 
steve99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Drives: FT86
Location: Australia
Posts: 6,980
Thanks: 937
Thanked 4,375 Times in 2,612 Posts
Mentioned: 477 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinma View Post
To start this off, I am very new to the tuning world so please go easy on me. I'm learning as I go on.

So I did a data log with my OFT of a 3rd gear pull yesterday from 2000rpm to redline.

http://datazap.me/u/tinma/log-147093...-9-10-11-12-13

I added the alarms that are on the OFT Tips & Tricks page and every so often these following alarms go off. I would also like to add that I seem to have backfire every so often coming out of 1st gear.

Alert B ( knock alert & Fuel Trim alert)

For E85 suggest -1 for Petrol may -2
FLKC < -1
Knock Correction < -1
IAM < 0.9
LTFT > +10
LTFT < -10



Alert C running lean alert
you might have to tweak AFR for petrol/E85 try 13 for E85 12.5 Petrol
RPM > 5000
Engine Load > 1
AFR > 13
Select AND at bottom of screen


I dont think the 3rd gear pull log will give me much info on this issue, but I feel like its a step in the right direction. If someone could give me a hand with this, I would greatly appreciate it! @steve99 or @Wayno if you have any input on this?

Running on 91oct stage 2 OFT tune with UEL header and drop-in filter
When the alarm goes off the offending parameter on the log screen will flash, its like
y flkc knock you have a bit round 4000-5000 in that log.

the load limits not being set looks like your running pretty rich when you get on throttle at lower rpm this may cause the miss fire , it also running on the rich side wot at most rpm, wont hurst just costs you power.

knock is not bad iam is still 1.
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steve99 For This Useful Post:
tinma (08-15-2016)
Old 08-14-2016, 08:03 PM   #1424
fibble
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Drives: 2015 86 GTS
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 41
Thanks: 13
Thanked 15 Times in 14 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by refriedspinach View Post

-Is the FLKC supposed to be going crazy into +/- 100 like that?
-The Advance Multiplier(Is this IAM?) is staying at 0, and didn't move the full trip.
-knock correction didn't move the full trip either
Unfortunately, OFT logging does not work correctly for later model ROMs. Knock Correction, MAF, Advance Multiplier (yes IAM) have never worked. FLKC originally worked, but was broken when an update to OFT was made via OFM. The reason FLKC looks crazy is that it is most likely logging another unrelated ECU address......maybe total timing.......

I strongly feel that Openflash should make this clear in the sales burb on their website so that you know what you are getting 😑. Feel free to send an e-mail to sales@openflash.com and raise the issue. More customers doing this will give them a sense of how many of us are affected. At some stage they might fix it 🤔.
fibble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 01:55 PM   #1425
tinma
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Drives: '13 BRZ
Location: Canada
Posts: 495
Thanks: 479
Thanked 170 Times in 117 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve99 View Post
When the alarm goes off the offending parameter on the log screen will flash, its like
y flkc knock you have a bit round 4000-5000 in that log.

the load limits not being set looks like your running pretty rich when you get on throttle at lower rpm this may cause the miss fire , it also running on the rich side wot at most rpm, wont hurst just costs you power.

knock is not bad iam is still 1.
Awesome thank you!

I noticed you mention the Front Oxygen Sensor scaling in one post.
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...&postcount=371

Would changing my tables to the ones you posted help fix this issue?

Thanks!
tinma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 10:07 AM   #1426
steve99
Senior Member
 
steve99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Drives: FT86
Location: Australia
Posts: 6,980
Thanks: 937
Thanked 4,375 Times in 2,612 Posts
Mentioned: 477 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinma View Post
Awesome thank you!

I noticed you mention the Front Oxygen Sensor scaling in one post.
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...&postcount=371

Would changing my tables to the ones you posted help fix this issue?

Thanks!

no rescaling front 02 sensor wont help you, it just allows the sensor to read richer values.


you need some maf scaling correct load limits as in wayno's posts. and maybe a bit of smoothing of ignition timing, but best to get the fueling corrected first.


its not real bad though so don't sweat on it, , a different brand of fuel may fix the minor knock issue.
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steve99 For This Useful Post:
tinma (08-16-2016)
Old 08-17-2016, 10:49 PM   #1427
Wayno
Senior Member
 
Wayno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Drives: Toyota 86 GTS
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,100
Thanks: 446
Thanked 852 Times in 406 Posts
Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibble View Post
Thx Steve - I suspected a MAF re-scale was in order, I was just not sure how much is enough for a Stg 1 tune.

Next will be a Stg2 UEL on 98.
Optimising Wayno's Stg 1 tune is my "development environment" and I am having a bit of trouble without OFT working properly
Looks completely fine.
Wayno is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wayno For This Useful Post:
fibble (08-18-2016)
Old 08-17-2016, 11:02 PM   #1428
Wayno
Senior Member
 
Wayno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Drives: Toyota 86 GTS
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,100
Thanks: 446
Thanked 852 Times in 406 Posts
Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomerang View Post
Hi, running an E85 EL @Wayno tune, looks OK but high LTFT?
Any issues I can fix?

BTW, D00G rom so IAM etc don't work

http://datazap.me/u/boomerang/log-14...&data=1-2-9-11
Looks fine.

IN latest version I've adjusted < 2.4 MAFV +5% (over stock) to better match AU E85. Should have zero affect on LTFT at WOT.
Wayno is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wayno For This Useful Post:
Boomerang (08-18-2016)
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RGM Supercharged 86 performance data TheGooseman AFRICA 14 12-13-2014 02:15 AM
Interpreting Ecutek Data Logs? cuddefred Software Tuning 3 09-02-2013 12:55 PM
VIR - Impressions/Pics/Logs/Video (Track Daze) swift996 Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting 39 08-30-2013 09:21 AM
Noise tube delete air/fuel logs? jm1681 Engine, Exhaust, Transmission 13 10-17-2012 04:57 PM
ECU Data Logger Motordyne Engine, Exhaust, Transmission 5 07-18-2012 09:27 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.