follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions

Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions Discuss all other cars and automotive news here.

User Tag List

Old 06-29-2012, 03:30 AM   #1
DIG1992

Drives: 2002 Acura TL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Need For Speed movie

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/06/26/d...or-speed-film/

i know this is old news but i think this is going to be terrible.
DIG1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 04:34 AM   #2
Bonburner
6/22/12-2/6/24

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S M/T Argento
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Garage
I predict a 75% of being a bad movie.
85% of being an entertaining movie.

What was it .. 90% of statistics are made up on the spot? :P
Bonburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 05:54 AM   #3
ZetaVI
Gundam Meister

Drives: A Gundam
Thanked 1,010 Times in 510 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Is NFS that popular set of games that it they were able to make a movie? I remember playing up to Underground 2 and that was it. People I know got bored of NFS quickly. Several video games struggle to make a movie and NFS was able to get Dreamworks involved? Idk how I feel about this.
ZetaVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 10:21 AM   #4
YoshiMike13

Drives: None yet :(
I dont think that this will turn out all that well. I have been playing NFS since hot pursuit 2. After Carbon came out, it started to go downhill. I think it did because of prostreet, shift, and shift 2. I didn't like the Idea of the track games after I have been used to street racing. Hot pursuit 2010 or whatever you want to call it was alright i will admit, and undercover had a cool story line. The run, well, is the run. I cant decide whether I like it or not. I like the idea of it, but I disliked the handling model and the online completely sucked. I had full connection with my wifi and our wifi never bugged out, and i STILL couldnt get online. It would just go back to the home screen. Also, I think it may be because of Criterion. I dont know for a fact, but criterion might be why I don't enjoy NFS as much?

Ok, moving on. I don't feel like it would be that great because of how much nfs has changed. It went from the original, to street racing with cops but no customization, street racing with no cops and a shit ton of customization and fine tuning, to customization and cops (but not as much customization) then to cops and a little more customization and cops and territory battles, to track racing, back to street racing, back to track, then back to hot pursuit, then back to track racing, then finally a cross country street race with little customization and cops.

Whether they make this movie or not, SOMEBODY is not going to be satisfied, because of the huge diversion that need for speed is now known for.

well, thats my 2 cents on the topic.
Old 06-29-2012, 12:28 PM   #5
Random_Art
professional smartass

Drives: 16 speed mountain bike...
Just reading the description of the film on the autoblog page made me cringe. While Smokey and the Bandit and the F&F franchise are guilty pleasures of mine, you're not likely to find any other "car" movies in my collection. Most of the time, they're just garbage and the NFS movie doesn't sound like it would be bucking that trend.
I didn't get into NFS until the first Underground, and Underground 2 is still probably my all time favorite racing game. After that, the franchise went downhill. I liked the original concept behind The Run, but downloading and trying out the demo cemented the fact that it was another NFS game I wouldn't waste my money on. The handling on the car felt kinda like I was playing the old Sega Outrun. Which isn't something I would expect from a current generation game.

Goodbye Celica, you served me well.

http://artsofrandomness.blogspot.com/
Random_Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 09:22 AM   #6
YoshiMike13

Drives: None yet :(
The handling model sucked in the run. It was like your tires were super glued to the road. It tokk way to long to accelerate and you can barely even turn. I mean I do use the brake when I turn, but sometimes even if you brake hard you can't turn all that well.
Old 04-09-2013, 12:17 PM   #7
DIG1992

Drives: 2002 Acura TL
Hey they just got pics of the movie looks like it could be based on hot pursuit. http://www.carscoops.com/2013/04/fre...eed-movie.html

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
DIG1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:31 PM   #8
Mandy
I came from a motorbike

Drives: Firestorm 2013 FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
I liked NFS up to NFSUG2. After that it lost identity. They tried to be an arcade racer, but wasn't arcade-y enough. Tried to be a sim, not sim-y enough.

I think they did open-world racing pretty well, and Forza Horizon did a pretty good take on that, so I don't think I would be able to play the series again. I played NFS: Most Wanted on PC, and it was just miserable in every aspect.

Anyway, I have some hope for the movie. It'll probably be something like the early Fast & Furious movies, and I've always enjoyed them. As long as they don't make it too cheesy, I'll probably watch them.
Mandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:58 PM   #9
M-17
Ninja Cat Mod

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 6,254 Times in 2,673 Posts
Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Lol, this guy got it right.

Quote:
A more accurate synopsis might be from a commenter at Joystiq, who wrote, "It's going to have the live-action sex doll disguised as a female cop, the snarky white guy who is the fashionabl[e] anti-hero, the token black sidekick and the bad guy who has no idea he's going to become a good guy. Oh, and hip-hop music, hip-hop music everywhere."

Education is Important, but Race Cars are more Importanter
M-17 is offline   Reply With Quote