follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 08-10-2012, 08:52 AM   #1
feyrerm

Drives: Galaxy Blue BRZ Ltd
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Teaking Tail light and Driver side passenger window auto down

Took My BRZ in for service yesterday. They replaced a leaky tail light, the chrome piece on one of the fenders that had a blemish in it from delivery, and the driver side power window switch because the passenger auto down was 50% at best.

So far the replaced window switch has been 100% working properly. We shall find out about the new tail light today because heavy storms are expected all day.

They also checked the NAV antenna which has a questionable range compared to others I have owned. According to them its functioning properly. That's kinda the response I expected. I have not noticed the crickets in my engine yet, and I have 2000 mi. Fingers crossed!

Overall it was a decent dealership experience. It took 2 weeks to get all the parts.
feyrerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 01:10 PM   #2
alrashwa

Drives: '12 370Z Monterey Blue
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
That's cool, they did all that without any issues. The dealership I've been at has been having trouble reproducing the issues with the passenger auto-down. I know it's there too, just happens about 50% of the time.

Wouldn't care if this was a 98 corolla, but its a 2013 FRS, no excuse.
alrashwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 12:32 AM   #3
feyrerm

Drives: Galaxy Blue BRZ Ltd
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Got a call today. Subaru is sending out some guys and they want me to drop my car off so they can research more into the NAV issue. I suspect they also want to check into the crickets since I did finally notice them today. It sounds so much like real crickets I just never realized it was coming from the car I think. lol

They want the car on tuesday and are offering a loaner.... I'm sure it will be something I don't want to drive, and automatic to boot. Oh well, Ill probably do it.
feyrerm is offline   Reply With Quote