follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Mid-Atlantic

Mid-Atlantic DC, DE, MD, VA, WV

User Tag List

Old 12-28-2013, 11:52 AM   #1
FRSure

Drives: Toyota
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Installation DIY (FOR YOU)

I will be getting Diode Dynamics Foglight soon. I got a quote from Ptuning, and it seems high imo.

Does anyone here in the NOVA Region (FAIRFAX), willing to install the Diode Dynamics foglight for me?
If willing, what's the price?
FRSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 07:59 PM   #2
DoopaTroopa
Kato

Drives: The Black Beauty
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Any reason why you can't do it yourself? I got the same kit last weekend. It's like 30 minutes of work.
DoopaTroopa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DoopaTroopa For This Useful Post:
IloveBaldEagles (12-30-2013)
Old 12-31-2013, 12:51 PM   #3
FRSure

Unfortunately, our homeowner association stated that no automotive work is allowed, and we don't have garages.
Old 12-31-2013, 01:01 PM   #4
FirestormFRS

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRSure View Post
I will be getting Diode Dynamics Foglight soon. I got a quote from Ptuning, and it seems high imo.

Does anyone here in the NOVA Region (FAIRFAX), willing to install the Diode Dynamics foglight for me?

Not near Fairfax but if they quoted you more than an hour of labor it's too high, if it's an hour of labor that's about right.

I'd do it for free if you were closer.
FirestormFRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 10:21 PM   #5
DoopaTroopa
Kato

Drives: The Black Beauty
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
I'll PM you my address. I live in an apartment complex and don't think they give two shits what we do.
DoopaTroopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 07:50 PM   #6
infinite012
Banned

Drives: 13 DGM BRZ Ltd
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
I lived in an apartment complex that had rules in the lease agreement stating you weren't allowed to work on your cars in the apartment complex parking lots. When I asked about that rule, the building manager told me it was to stop people from doing things like rebuild a car/have it on jack stands for months at a time. Simple things like oil changes and light bulb replacements were allowed.

I'd say ask your HOA about the specifics of that "no car work" clause. And whatever their response, fuck it. Do work.
infinite012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 08:01 PM   #7
FRSure

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite012 View Post
I lived in an apartment complex that had rules in the lease agreement stating you weren't allowed to work on your cars in the apartment complex parking lots. When I asked about that rule, the building manager told me it was to stop people from doing things like rebuild a car/have it on jack stands for months at a time. Simple things like oil changes and light bulb replacements were allowed.

I'd say ask your HOA about the specifics of that "no car work" clause. And whatever their response, fuck it. Do work.
Yea. I learned the hardway. Neighbor wrote me up like 2-3 times for oil changes. And the HOA threaten me with a fine if I do it again. I made an appointment with PTuning, for a much much better price after this thread and price breakdown.
Old 01-02-2014, 05:06 AM   #8
Fast_Freddy

Drives: Passat
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Every HOA is different. Mine doesn't allow any work (even oil changes) yet I've done all my oil changes, changed struts, shocks, brakes, wheels, tires, exhaust, installed a turbo kit, etc, over the past 18 years with nothing more than a few threatening letters that I ignored. I'm not saying that you can always get away with this, just that in my case, it was possible.
Fast_Freddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 07:43 AM   #9
BoostinIX
Gettin SIKKY sideways

Drives: '97 S14.5 / '13 BRZ
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to BoostinIX Send a message via Yahoo to BoostinIX
There's plenty of people around that will lend you a garage if you want to do an oil change too, lol

BoostinIX is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BoostinIX For This Useful Post:
SubaSteve (01-19-2014)
Old 01-19-2014, 01:02 AM   #10
vlatinlove

Drives: Scion fr-s 10 series
I live under an HOA watch neighborhood that complains about my grass when it is only 3 inches or missing numbers on my mailbox, but I do most of my work on my drive way (not in the garage) and security passes by and does not say anything instead they wave and say hi. I even had my girlfriends eclipse with expired tags in the street and got a ticket, but once I placed it in my driveway no ticket and it has been there for 2 months and the sad part is I got a cop living behind me where my driveway is, so he differently sees the car everyday (luckily he works for a different county, and does not complain to local cops). Also had a drive-up mechanic come to my house and work on my civic on my driveway and street and security still did not complain. I think it goes more on the neighbors you have. I don't even talk to mine and they don't complain luckily.

I'm sorry for most of you, and yet I complain about the grass complaints I guess I should be more appreciative of my HOA. Hmmmmm naaaa still don't like them. HAHA

I have also seen multiple people work on their cars at pep-boys, auto zone and advanced auto parts in Manassas, VA and not even cops have complained so try going to one of those locations near you, if they ask just say you bought the lights from them in case you still need to install them. Good Luck.
vlatinlove is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to vlatinlove For This Useful Post:
FRSure (01-24-2014)
Old 01-24-2014, 04:22 PM   #11
Marcoscrdo

Drives: 13' DGM Built FBM BRZ
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRSure View Post

The 4th break light little triangle light? How much is the kit?
Marcoscrdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 06:51 AM   #12
vlatinlove

Drives: Scion fr-s 10 series
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcoscrdo View Post
The 4th break light little triangle light? How much is the kit?
You can find it at amazon, I have not bought it though so could not give you a feedback.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/iJDMTOY-Super-Conversion-Subaru-Nissan/dp/B00F4ISG9K/ref=sr_1_3?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1390736918&sr= 1-3&keywords=scion+frs+light"]iJDMTOY Super Red 3rd LED Brake Light DIY Conversion Kit For Scion FR-S tC Subaru BRZ Nissan 370Z and more : Amazon.com : Automotive[/ame]

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/2012-Scion-Subaru-Brake-Light/dp/B00DOPBTWG/ref=sr_1_51?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1390737040&sr =1-51&keywords=scion+frs+light"]Amazon.com: 2012 2013 Scion FRS Subaru BRZ LED 3rd Brake Light: Automotive[/ame]
vlatinlove is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to vlatinlove For This Useful Post:
Marcoscrdo (01-27-2014)