follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Southern California

Southern California SoCal

User Tag List

Old 11-14-2017, 06:52 PM   #1
vincentceezy

Drives: Scion FR-S 10 Series
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Do NOT go to Elmore Toyota in Westminster,CA

Took my car in for a oil change at Elmore Toyota in Westminster, CA. As you can see in the video the valet stalled my car multiple times. I told the service advisor and he walked out to drive it. Later on in the video you can hear him say "gayyy" as he went to drive it to the back.

Horrible customer service here and unprofessional...

I also have videos on the tech going through my car and making sure my bride seat is real...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBPs3m6e4TE"]Elmore Toyota - YouTube[/ame]
vincentceezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 08:40 PM   #2
ermax

Drives: 2022 BRZ Limited Silver
Thanked 2,045 Times in 1,188 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Do NOT go to Elmore Toyota in Westminster,CA

At least they weren’t doing burnouts or driving way to fast around buildings blindly. Stalling the car isn’t the end of the world and who cares if he calls your car gay.
ermax is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ermax For This Useful Post:
NeverInTime (11-16-2017), number_Un0 (03-04-2018), Summerwolf (03-04-2018), vincentceezy (11-15-2017)
Old 11-14-2017, 10:53 PM   #3
Thaeyo

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I took my beater (when I had it) there, did a good job, even gave me credit to get a rental for a few days while being repaired too.
Thaeyo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Thaeyo For This Useful Post:
vincentceezy (11-15-2017)
Old 11-15-2017, 02:34 AM   #4
Paisinho

Drives: BRZ
Are you running an aftermarket clutch? Seems like he was surprised it stalled so easily. This car stock is super easy to drive even for new drivers. The 'gay' comment could just be him being frustrated?
Paisinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 11:34 PM   #5
MyGT86Yas

Drives: 2017 WRB BRZ
I would be mad too. They should've treated people's cars with respect, especially they work on cars for living.
MyGT86Yas is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MyGT86Yas For This Useful Post:
vincentceezy (11-18-2017)
Old 11-17-2017, 12:40 AM   #6
Subsonic

Drives: Toyota 86 GTS
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
People getting worked up over the silliest of things. I would be willing to bet there are many people who work in the car industry who can't drive a manual. The guy who tried to drive your car was one of them. Looks like he stalled it twice - no harm done - and they brought in a more competent driver to position the car.

Following that, the guy got in the car, and was unimpressed by the torque available from the cold engine at 2,500 - 3,000 RPM. Maybe he was expecting a torque monster based just on how loud your exhaust is?

Either way, nobody died, you got your car serviced, and you even have evidence to prove that no damage, willful or accidental, was done. What was the point of this thread again?
Subsonic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Subsonic For This Useful Post:
NeverInTime (11-17-2017), number_Un0 (03-04-2018), Tcoat (11-17-2017)
Old 11-17-2017, 11:20 AM   #7
e_lunatic

Drives: 2015 Scion FR-S
Garage
not as bad as Larry Miller Toyota in Corona. they stripped 3 of my lugs, 2 of them so badly they had to break off the studs and install new ones, and the service manager blamed me and made it seem like they were doing me a favor by fixing it. then he told me they wouldn't take the tires off anymore (as if at that point I would want them to haha)
e_lunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to e_lunatic For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2017, 11:51 AM   #8
Clipdat
Proud of BOXER

Drives: Subaru Boxer
Thanked 6,845 Times in 3,675 Posts
Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
"It's a stage 1 I think"

Seems like the guy is horrible at driving manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz
I'm old and lazy
Clipdat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Clipdat For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2017, 03:17 PM   #9
ExpertZero

Drives: FR-S 2015 Halo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subsonic View Post
People getting worked up over the silliest of things. I would be willing to bet there are many people who work in the car industry who can't drive a manual. The guy who tried to drive your car was one of them. Looks like he stalled it twice - no harm done - and they brought in a more competent driver to position the car.

Following that, the guy got in the car, and was unimpressed by the torque available from the cold engine at 2,500 - 3,000 RPM. Maybe he was expecting a torque monster based just on how loud your exhaust is?

Either way, nobody died, you got your car serviced, and you even have evidence to prove that no damage, willful or accidental, was done. What was the point of this thread again?
Because if you get your car serviced. You want your car being taken care of. Not knowing how to drive a manual and having the customer go get a manager to drive it. Plus the manager made a comment about the car. Professionalism at it's finest.
ExpertZero is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ExpertZero For This Useful Post:
vincentceezy (11-24-2017)
Old 11-18-2017, 04:21 PM   #10
ermax

Drives: 2022 BRZ Limited Silver
Thanked 2,045 Times in 1,188 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Seriously, the porters should be trained by professional race car drivers and while driving cars on the lot they should only be allowed to sing lullabies to the car. Only then would the service technicians be able to properly repair the car.

Oh and all while being paid minimum wage right out of high school.
ermax is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ermax For This Useful Post:
86kahl (07-16-2018)
Old 11-19-2017, 01:52 AM   #11
Paisinho

Drives: BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by ermax View Post
Seriously, the porters should be trained by professional race car drivers and while driving cars on the lot they should only be allowed to sing lullabies to the car. Only then would the service technicians be able to properly repair the car.

Oh and all while being paid minimum wage right out of high school.
I didn't want to say it outright, but this thread feels like first world problems...
Paisinho is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Paisinho For This Useful Post:
ermax (11-19-2017)
Old 11-26-2017, 03:58 AM   #12
Manic
Is not fast.

Drives: 2014 Whiteout M/T
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
To be honest, doesn't really seem like the service manager was calling your car "gay". It seems like he was screaming it to a coworker. Not particularly professional, but also not really uncommon in a shop environment. Having someone stall your car sucks, but again, doesn't appear to be a stock clutch, and no real damage done.

Ease up, at least they didn't curb your wheels.
Old 03-04-2018, 04:01 PM   #13
Grateful Dave
2nd 86 member

Drives: 2013 Asphalt AT FR-S
Through the years Elmore Toyota has always sucked. I'l give them another chance, My last visit with my frs. I asked for an oil change and a early bs recall. They had the car with appointment for about 3 hours. No oil change and they couldn't fix my recall. the appointment guy said I didn't need one. I told him I've done a early oil change schedule. This was my 2nd oil change on my frs. So then I had to wait another 45 minutes to do the oil change. No recall resolution. trouble with Toyota computer. No more Elmore Toyota!
Grateful Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 04:23 PM   #14
Brink

Drives: 2017 BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subsonic View Post

Not everyone there needs to know how to drive a stick, but as a company they need to have policies and training in place so that when someone doesn't know how to drive a stick they don't get behind the wheel of one to begin with. The dealership should have known they had a manual coming in for service and assigned someone who they knew was capable of driving it to move the car. It comes down to a question of whether the guy actually did know how to drive it and was just having trouble working an aftermarket clutch, or he didn't know how to drive a stick but got in the car anyway because it wasn't just another boring Camry and he didn't want to pass up the opportunity to drive it.
Brink is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
toyota