follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 01-19-2018, 09:46 PM   #1
drz400dude

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
How to do leak down test on FRS

So I got a CEL the other night and lost power. Cylinders 1&3 misfiring plus random misfiring code. Oil everywhere in my intake system. I wanted to do a leak down test to get a better idea of what is going on. I'm hoping it is my turbo seals went bad and oil went everywhere, and then fouled out the plugs causing a misfire.

I wanted to see if anyone had any tips or useful info specific to the FRS. I didn't see a DIY guide on how to do any compression or leak down test. Maybe I'll make one? I've done it before on some older Detroit and John Deere diesels, just never a small engine like this. Looks like it should be fun getting the hose threaded in the spark plug hole. I've seen someone say they loosen the motor mounts and jack up one side at a time to get easier access.
drz400dude is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cel, compression, leak down, test