follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > User/Vendor/Sponsor Reviews, Feedback, Comments

User Tag List

Old 03-10-2014, 05:11 AM   #309
cf6mech

Drives: FRS Silver LS1 swapped.
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgibbsunc View Post
I'm really starting to realize just how childish this community has became. I honestly feel for you with your car but you have went about things all the wrong way. I have one question knowing that your block was cracked and you needed a new short block how much money did you actually spend on your build with fa20club? I think if everyone knew the complete facts on this whole situation it would change the way its looking right now. Of course this is just my 2 cents outside looking in. I do realize that all the other keyboard warriors will jump on me instantly after this post but honestly its been enough. I do not know Lexus and have no allegiance to him but it has really gone too far with you and others burning him. This guy has offered to help everyone and at one point was one of the main go to people in this community. Of course all good things come to an end but dude really doesn't deserve that. In the end this same thing happens in every forum a company jumps and takes the reigns tries its damnedest to take care of customers mistakes are made and the whole community sets them on fire. Honestly its a damn shame that the moderates let this happen and also contribute in to the problem.

Again I'm sorry about your car and wish you the best in the future. Hopefully one day all facts will be clear on this whole ordeal.

You have no idea how frustrating it is to go through what this man has gone through,....my story is almost identical,.....these hack shops have to be exposed and outed to save others the same fate.

Last edited by cf6mech; 03-10-2014 at 05:23 AM.
cf6mech is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cf6mech For This Useful Post:
Ralph Spoilsport (03-10-2014), woode (03-10-2014)
Old 03-10-2014, 07:51 AM   #310
woode
Boosted Member

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Send a message via MSN to woode
Quote:
Originally Posted by cf6mech View Post
You have no idea how frustrating it is to go through what this man has gone through,....my story is almost identical,.....these hack shops have to be exposed and outed to save others the same fate.
Exactly. If he would have posted about the issues 4 months ago, I would have never bought from them and went through all the bullshit.
2010 Subaru Impreza WRX PRM SSM
woode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 10:54 AM   #311
ecko04
Seems Legit

Drives: Toyota
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394463285.454372.jpg
Views: 955
Size:  299.4 KB
Old 03-10-2014, 12:42 PM   #312
bgibbsunc

Drives: Firestorm Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frs300 View Post
What facts do you think are missing?
The simple question was how much did you spend on your build. You would be surprised how many shops do the same exact thing toni did. Fail in their attempts but try to open under another name. It is not abnormal by any means and if you were to look into other shops you would find some of the same stuff. I am not protecting nor accusing anyone. Its pointless you and his actions have made everyone hate him you won. So now you can move on to a thread that isn't about just bashing and talking shit behind the keyboard. I'm not here to start a fight but me as well as many other members have seat by watching countless thread after thread of bitch fits. What is the difference between all the people who come in your thread talking shit about FA20club and lexus saying he was taken care of by them? They had many happy customers by far more then have been complaining. Shit happens man do I think it should have taken 11 months to do your car no but is Fa20club the only shop that has ever dont this no. I understand how you think I am bias because I am running the kit. Makes since when ppl are being defensive. In all actuality though im just another member in the community that is tired of these pointless threads.

FA20 club 60 trim + flex fuel
467 whp 356 ft lbs @ 19 lbs
Owner of Sidewinders Auto LLC.
San Antonio TX
bgibbsunc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bgibbsunc For This Useful Post:
lexusb3 (03-10-2014)
Old 03-10-2014, 01:06 PM   #313
Brody602
Drift King

Drives: '13 Firestorm FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
The simple question was how much did you spend on your build. You would be surprised how many shops do the same exact thing toni did. Fail in their attempts but try to open under another name. It is not abnormal by any means and if you were to look into other shops you would find some of the same stuff. I am not protecting nor accusing anyone. Its pointless you and his actions have made everyone hate him you won. So now you can move on to a thread that isn't about just bashing and talking shit behind the keyboard. I'm not here to start a fight but me as well as many other members have seat by watching countless thread after thread of bitch fits. What is the difference between all the people who come in your thread talking shit about FA20club and lexus saying he was taken care of by them? They had many happy customers by far more then have been complaining. Shit happens man do I think it should have taken 11 months to do your car no but is Fa20club the only shop that has ever dont this no. I understand how you think I am bias because I am running the kit. Makes since when ppl are being defensive. In all actuality though im just another member in the community that is tired of these pointless threads.
Have you looked at the pictures? I understand your point sometimes things happen, and yeah the outcome wasn't as promised BUT, there is no way that the car should have been returned in the condition.. There are scuffs on the car, the bumper isn't installed properly, a side marker is either broken or just not installed, some of the work was literally rednecked, the car has filthy, fulll of shavings inside, it would have even been a lot better if the car ran like shit like it does, but was returned in the condition it was dropped off in..
Speeeddemon99 (03-10-2014)
Old 03-10-2014, 01:06 PM   #314
phloozy

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Is it not true that he changed his name, has been accused of fraud across multiple platforms, has created LLC names after reputable shops in hopes to confuse customers? I am sure the list goes on. This isnt the normal "unhappy customer" band wagon. Toni has been exposed on these forums as someone who INTENTIONALLY screws over customers on a regular basis. These threads need to exist, these threads need to be re created and these threads need to be stickied/bumped. What we dont need on this forum is posts about the good things FA20Club has done. FA20Club is done getting business from this community, if you want to support him then by all means do it but I for one don't want a new member to stumble across one of your threads and go to FA20Club thinking they are the bees knees.
Old 03-10-2014, 01:20 PM   #315
Frs300

Drives: Pile of junk
Mentioned: 232 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
The simple question was how much did you spend on your build.
If you must know here is the invoice for the MOTOR only. i paid another 4500 for the turbo kit. I didnt pay him for the $1600 port and polish because he never would send me an invoice for it. just some random number he came up with. I wanted to make sure he wasnt charging me for parts HE LOST but after 11 months i never got the invoice i asked for.

So he got $6935 for motor $4500 for turbo kit. All in all i sent Just under $14k after odd and end bs was paid for.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Inv_1203_from_FA20CLUB.com.pdf (6.5 KB, 321 views)
Frs300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 01:22 PM   #316
Frs300

Drives: Pile of junk
Mentioned: 232 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
btw if you look at the address on the invoice thats when he went by FABWORX
Frs300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 01:24 PM   #317
slicktop

Drives: 2013 Raven FRS 2JZ-GTE/V160 swapped
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frs300 View Post
If you must know here is the invoice for the MOTOR only. i paid another 4500 for the turbo kit. I didnt pay him for the $1600 port and polish because he never would send me an invoice for it. just some random number he came up with. I wanted to make sure he wasnt charging me for parts HE LOST but after 11 months i never got the invoice i asked for.

So he got $6935 for motor $4500 for turbo kit. All in all i sent Just under $14k after odd and end bs was paid for.
Bill to: Brandon. Nice.

You paid more for your rods/pistons than I did, and I got six. Damn.
slicktop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 01:25 PM   #318
phloozy

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by slicktop View Post

Same Brandon?? lol
Old 03-10-2014, 01:29 PM   #319
Dipstik-sportech

Drives: 2013 BRZ satin white pearl sportech
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Man I did basically the same build as @Frs300 - the fuel system bullshit and my car was down for a month. Want to know the difference @bgibbsunc? I did the work myself and bought quality parts from a reputable supplier! I didn't get some fly by night shop to build my shit for me and send it back in worse condition than if it got stolen by a 14yr old. Why do you think websites like jalopnik hate on shops like fa20club? It's to stop the new guy from getting the same treatment that frs300 got. Yes some people got good service from him but you have to do that to some people otherwise your business will tank before you can make any cash and run for the border.

The Frozen North
2013 SWP BRZ sportech. 11.11sec@129.01mph, 511whp on e70. FullBlown base kit, FullBlown built 9.5:1 engine, GTX3076R GEN2 turbo, 1700cc Bosch injectors, FullBlown flex fuel kit, FullBlown radiator and oil cooler, FullBlown custom 3" dual exit exhaust, act xtreme clutch, whiteline diff and subframe inserts, BC Racing coilovers, hotchkiss 18mm rear sway, is300 3.73 differential ... Never finished

Last edited by Dipstik-sportech; 03-10-2014 at 01:46 PM.
Dipstik-sportech is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dipstik-sportech For This Useful Post:
Frs300 (03-10-2014)
Old 03-10-2014, 01:41 PM   #320
PrimeMotoring

Drives: FRS with 2jz, 2015 STI 9.68@147
Mentioned: 151 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by slicktop View Post

The carillo's for these cars are pricey and there are not many options in the carillo/cp catalogue. he paid about going rate for quality parts. Usually Carillo offers different variations of their rod sets but only have one for the FRS at the current moment.

The real questions is, is there really Carillo/CP's in there. I pray for @Frs300 there is.

So far looking at his car, the heads were definitely assembled improperly causing the noises it makes.

We'll get really into it this week since we had some projects that had to be finished first.
PrimeMotoring is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PrimeMotoring For This Useful Post:
bgibbsunc (03-10-2014), Brody602 (03-10-2014), Frs300 (03-10-2014), mfbmike (03-10-2014)
Old 03-10-2014, 01:56 PM   #321
AdrianG
Generally Well Liked

Drives: '08 STi Hatch, '11 Outback 3.6R
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeMotoring View Post

The real questions is, is there really Carillo/CP's in there. I pray for @Frs300 there is.
Just curious, would you be able to tell if they are the correct parts without pulling the whole engine apart? Would pulling the oil pan and a camera in the spark plug hole be enough to find out?

- AdrianG
AdrianG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 01:56 PM   #322
cdrazic93
Junior

Drives: a car
Thanked 2,512 Times in 1,502 Posts
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeMotoring View Post
So far looking at his car, the heads were definitely assembled improperly causing the noises it makes.
Almost like someone was being tested on how to build an engine and used his engine...and failed the test
"Ah! What music! They could have never imagined, those pioneers who invented the automobile, that it would posses us like this, our imaginations, our dreams. Men love women, but even more than that, men love CARS!"-Lord Hesketh
cdrazic93 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ban lexusb3, dude where's my clutch!!, fa20club, fa20crap, fashitstorm, goodguyprime, happy ending, i am sofa king we todd it, lexusb3 is toni, looks good!, shithappenscontinuously, stolen skid plates., toni, toniiswhack, unbelievable!