follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Old 03-20-2015, 03:51 AM   #3487
fatalelement

Drives: 2015 FR-S (Halo)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinmp7 View Post
bump
Wouldn't the fact that its diameter is significantly choked down past the full amount quite literally affect performance? I mean I don't remember all of my engineering anymore but I'm pretty sure that would be a pretty calculable deal. That's a major dent.
fatalelement is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fatalelement For This Useful Post:
8R6 (03-20-2015), kjjimnz (03-20-2015)
Old 03-20-2015, 11:12 AM   #3488
Superman

Drives: Whiteout Scion FR-S 6MT/GSX-R 1000
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatalelement View Post
Wouldn't the fact that its diameter is significantly choked down past the full amount quite literally affect performance? I mean I don't remember all of my engineering anymore but I'm pretty sure that would be a pretty calculable deal. That's a major dent.
I think you are right. Airflow would definitely be affected. That big dent appears to be blocking nearly 1/3 of the pipe diameter...and there appears to be multiple dents along the pipe. Yikes, I wonder what was hit. But I guess if a person was buying it just for looks and sound (assuming the tone has not changed due to the added restriction) then it should be okay for the right price
Superman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 12:26 PM   #3489
continuecrushing

Drives: 2013 Firestorm FRS
Thanked 2,144 Times in 1,003 Posts
Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
I've got black Enkei RPF1 17x8 +45 with 235/40/17 Star specs for sale,

$1000 obo

I'll snap some photos this weekend
continuecrushing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 02:25 PM   #3490
that_one_guy

Drives: none
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman View Post
I think you are right. Airflow would definitely be affected. That big dent appears to be blocking nearly 1/3 of the pipe diameter...and there appears to be multiple dents along the pipe. Yikes, I wonder what was hit. But I guess if a person was buying it just for looks and sound (assuming the tone has not changed due to the added restriction) then it should be okay for the right price
A cat back is not going to add or subtract significant, or even noticeable horse power. Even with an air filter, you might see an increase of 5hp-10hp. A big dent is also not going to noticeably decrease the hp. I don't believe the OP should have said it doesn't effect performance because, well, yes the dent does. But it also wouldn't effect it enough to mention that your performance is ruined. It's a damaged part and should be priced as such, no need to bring performance into it when performance changes won't be noticed by 99.9999999999% of the drivers.
that_one_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 02:59 PM   #3491
JGalp

Drives: 2015 CWP BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I am selling my JL AUDIO STEALTHBOX, I've had it for a little bit less than a month and probably only turned on my radio like 10 times. I've come to realize i like driving my car with no music because i love hearing the sound of the engine.

SO CAL pick up, selling for 500, when i take it out i will keep the wires and all install. i also have a small jl audio A1400 amp that is perfect for the sub that i can include for a good deal. just text me for more details. 909 919 4269

PS i bought it from an authorized dealer in (beach auto sound) in huntington beach, they did the install and i saw the box that it came in brand new. installed it correctly and will have them uninstall correctly.
JGalp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 04:09 PM   #3492
fatalelement

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by that_one_guy View Post
A cat back is not going to add or subtract significant, or even noticeable horse power. Even with an air filter, you might see an increase of 5hp-10hp. A big dent is also not going to noticeably decrease the hp. I don't believe the OP should have said it doesn't effect performance because, well, yes the dent does. But it also wouldn't effect it enough to mention that your performance is ruined. It's a damaged part and should be priced as such, no need to bring performance into it when performance changes won't be noticed by 99.9999999999% of the drivers.
I wouldn't say noticeable, but if the diameter changes to a choke point of about 1-1.5 inches that's at most half of stock. That'll be a big deal. Improvements in exhaust are hard to capitalize on, like an air intake, but if you actually choke the air intake I'm sure it'll make a decent difference. Dumping the exhaust out the side won't help too much but making it a tiny 1" pipe will sure give you some decent backpressure.

But you're right, it's probably not a huge deal! Just thought it was a pretty unrealistic statement to say it was NO effect haha. That would take a lot of work to fix too I bet, I don't see how you could hammer or suction that out since there's no internal access.

EDIT: also, I think he backed over a bear or something. how does a rock do that??? That's a SquadRogue rock (@Tcoat...)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Old 03-20-2015, 04:34 PM   #3493
2much
I wanna go fast

Drives: 2013 FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
I wouldn't say noticeable, but if the diameter changes to a choke point of about 1-1.5 inches that's at most half of stock. That'll be a big deal. Improvements in exhaust are hard to capitalize on, like an air intake, but if you actually choke the air intake I'm sure it'll make a decent difference. Dumping the exhaust out the side won't help too much but making it a tiny 1" pipe will sure give you some decent backpressure.

But you're right, it's probably not a huge deal! Just thought it was a pretty unrealistic statement to say it was NO effect haha. That would take a lot of work to fix too I bet, I don't see how you could hammer or suction that out since there's no internal access.

EDIT: also, I think he backed over a bear or something. how does a rock do that??? That's a SquadRogue rock (@Tcoat...)

tomei midpipes seem to sit really low... just by my visual observation
2much is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 2much For This Useful Post:
fatalelement (03-20-2015)
Old 03-20-2015, 05:21 PM   #3494
BRZtoni
Turbo E85

Drives: 13 wrb brz
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRZtoni View Post
BUMP-

50$!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRZtoni View Post
Fs - diodedynamic always-on for the brz 50$ located in Torrance brand new in box.
BUMP!

50$ for new ALWAYS-ON FOR BRZ

I CAN HELP INSTALL!!!!!! 5 minutes only
Old 03-20-2015, 05:56 PM   #3495
guslucatero

Drives: 2014 WhiteOut
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
this pissed me off....how can I add photos on here??
guslucatero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 06:12 PM   #3496
Estey

Drives: Scion FR-S, Ultramarine
Quote:
Originally Posted by guslucatero View Post
this pissed me off....how can I add photos on here??
upload images to tinypic.com and then copy/paste url.
Estey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Estey For This Useful Post:
guslucatero (03-21-2015)
Old 03-20-2015, 07:18 PM   #3497
Kevinmp7

Drives: 2014 Raven Scion FR-S Monogram Seri
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:

Agree and I'll edit my post. Going around a corner and didn't have enough time to maneuver around the decent sized rock. I could cut out that part of the exhaust and weld on a new piece with no problems but I have no need for it.
Old 03-20-2015, 07:22 PM   #3498
fatalelement

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinmp7 View Post
Agree and I'll edit my post. Going around a corner and didn't have enough time to maneuver around the decent sized rock. I could cut out that part of the exhaust and weld on a new piece with no problems but I have no need for it.
Haha wasn't trying to hassle you or anything! Just surprised at that dent Jesus some rock huh? I've done the same in canyons though, I have a lip in part due to a notch in the bumper from basically sliding a corner and seeing a large rock in my way.... since it wasn't like a person I figured I'd rather take it than slam on the brakes or e brake and risk worse.

Clearly Cusco needs to develop a railroad train esque cattle plow for diverting rocks and small miatas.

Old 03-20-2015, 07:46 PM   #3499
JGalp

Drives: 2015 CWP BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I am selling my JL AUDIO STEALTHBOX, I've had it for a little bit less than a month and probably only turned on my radio like 10 times. I've come to realize i like driving my car with no music because i love hearing the sound of the engine.

SO CAL pick up, selling for 500, when i take it out i will keep the wires and all install. i also have a small jl audio A1400 amp that is perfect for the sub that i can include for a good deal. just text me for more details. 909 919 4269

PS i bought it from an authorized dealer in (beach auto sound) in huntington beach, they did the install and i saw the box that it came in brand new. installed it correctly and will have them uninstall correctly.
JGalp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 08:05 PM   #3500
Estey

Drives: Scion FR-S, Ultramarine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estey View Post

I also had this thing made in August; it sounds excellent, but Im trying to be more low-key now. Ill let it go for 85 firm. Picked up in South OC.

excuse the dirtiness. it will polish right out.

And the first pic won't upload right side up for some reason..

bump! springs are gone, but the muffler delete is still for sale.
Estey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
caliusedpartsstore, downs, lowering springs, rsr, selling, shift knob for sale, side marker, socal, spoiler, trd