follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs)

Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs) Wash, Wax, Details, Repairs

User Tag List

Old 03-13-2023, 10:06 AM   #29
RACECAR go brrr!
Custom Switch Panels!

Drives: 2015 Subaru BRZ Series.Blue
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Spaulding View Post
Avoid automated carwashes (really all carwashes that you don't do yourself - by hand) like the clap if you care about your car.
Zillions of people use touchless automated washes every day without any problems. Looking at the marks on OP's car, it looks like the nozzles were like 2 inches from his hood and not even overlapping the spray pattern. That suggests, to me, a major malfunction in how the wash was operating which allowed it to get WAY too close to the vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Not sure about that station but every single one I have ever seen has a big sign out front that says “not responsible for damage."
Those signs have absolutely no legal standing whatsoever. Anyone can buy one of those signs on Amazon and slap it on their wall. Towing companies are probably the most well known for pointing to those signs all the time when they fuck up someone's car and hoping the customer just believes them and walks away.

Order your own custom Toyobaru switch panel at www.racecargobrrr.com!
RACECAR go brrr! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2023, 10:26 AM   #30
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RACECAR go brrr! View Post
Zillions of people use touchless automated washes every day without any problems. Looking at the marks on OP's car, it looks like the nozzles were like 2 inches from his hood and not even overlapping the spray pattern. That suggests, to me, a major malfunction in how the wash was operating which allowed it to get WAY too close to the vehicle.

Those signs have absolutely no legal standing whatsoever. Anyone can buy one of those signs on Amazon and slap it on their wall. Towing companies are probably the most well known for pointing to those signs all the time when they fuck up someone's car and hoping the customer just believes them and walks away.
Maybe not a legal leg but it does indicate that the place is willing to put up a fight.
Pedro13 (03-14-2023), soundman98 (03-13-2023)
Old 03-14-2023, 01:09 PM   #31
Pedro13

Drives: Toyota 86
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I love wash my cars by hand, unfortunately in Canada this option is very limited, due the weather, at least from November to (maybe) end of April. That is why automated car washers are the only option during this time. Personally, don't use my 86 in winter, but for my 'beater' and wife's car, even in winter, I tried to wash it, sometimes twice per week (having season pass) in an auto-car wash, in order to try to keep away the salt from the car body as much as possible. This salt is bad for paint and create corrosion al over our body, plus looks very ugly, in special if you have a dark color car... So far, with no issues on auto car wash, of course using "touchless" car wash as much as possible...
Pedro13 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Pedro13 For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (03-14-2023)