follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > User/Vendor/Sponsor Reviews, Feedback, Comments

User Tag List

Old 04-26-2019, 12:37 PM   #15
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanadaEh View Post
Yeah there have been a few forum threads about them, and I always comment to calm to OP down lol. I understand the trepidation, I've been there myself. If I was ever left with an unfulfilled order, I'd join the yelling, but they've (he's?) always delivered. I think the problem is he can't afford extra staff and spreads himself too thin, which results in all these problems.
People's expectations have been changed with the advent of places like Amazon with their massive stock and distribution centers. Once upon a time if your ordered something you expected to wait for 4 to 6 weeks before it showed up. Not anymore. My wife does a lot of craft type stuff and she get's most of her orders the day after she orders. She even has ordered stuff in the morning and had it by that same evening. Now when I order a model kit from Japan or China she starts to freak out that I haven't got it in a few days. It can take weeks since I only pay for ground shipping but she is sure I "got ripped off" every single time.
His website is very impressive so people probably think he has a huge warehouse full of stuff and a whole crew to handle the shipping so expect their order the next day. I wonder how many of those reviews where they say they never received the order were written less than a week after it was placed? Of course after they do get it they are not going to go back and change their statement.
soundman98 (05-05-2019), StraightOuttaCanadaEh (04-26-2019)
Old 04-26-2019, 12:40 PM   #16
StraightOuttaCanadaEh
Wes

Drives: Artisan Spirits '17 86
Thanked 1,674 Times in 994 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
People's expectations have been changed with the advent of places like Amazon with their massive stock and distribution centers. Once upon a time if your ordered something you expected to wait for 4 to 6 weeks before it showed up. Not anymore. My wife does a lot of craft type stuff and she get's most of her orders the day after she orders. She even has ordered stuff in the morning and had it by that same evening. Now when I order a model kit from Japan or China she starts to freak out that I haven't got it in a few days. It can take weeks since I only pay for ground shipping but she is sure I "got ripped off" every single time.
His website is very impressive so people probably think he has a huge warehouse full of stuff and a whole crew to handle the shipping so expect their order the next day. I wonder how many of those reviews where they say they never received the order were written less than a week after it was placed? Of course after they do get it they are not going to go back and change their statement.
My thoughts exactly about the Amazon effect. I've shipped and received hundreds of packages, used to have a small seller account on ebay, so I just don't panic cause I've seen it all. If something takes over a month - oh well. The only time I ever asked for a refund was when a package didn't show up after about 6 weeks. It ended up coming over 3 months later.
soundman98 (05-05-2019), Tcoat (04-26-2019)
Old 04-26-2019, 12:46 PM   #17
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanadaEh View Post
My thoughts exactly about the Amazon effect. I've shipped and received hundreds of packages, used to have a small seller account on ebay, so I just don't panic cause I've seen it all. If something takes over a month - oh well. The only time I ever asked for a refund was when a package didn't show up after about 6 weeks. It ended up coming over 3 months later.
Being in Canada we also have to deal with parcels held up for prolonged periods in Customs even from the US. I have had orders from China get here faster than ones from Detroit where they could have just thrown it across the river to me.
StraightOuttaCanadaEh (04-26-2019)
Old 05-05-2019, 10:04 AM   #18
Alastor

Drives: Toyota gt86 my19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I already got the package home. All right, I want to have the car to install it. The only bad thing about this store was the delay in shipping.
Alastor is offline   Reply With Quote