follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA

AUSTRALIA Australia and New Zealand

User Tag List

Old 09-06-2012, 11:09 PM   #1
Blazereaper

Drives: Ae92
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Spare wheel deletion but rubber boot liner too??

Hey guys
I know this issue has seen many bad sides in terms of the loss of the spare wheel and it seems to be quite stupid in terms of toyotas continued delays for its production but was wondering if any of you other guys with your car currently can help? I have contacted a few dealerships in Perth i regards to getting the spare rim added on in my EVENTUAL delivery seeing as i have now been pushed back again 5 months.....
I got a response back from them saying the rim was in the price range of $451.xx to $452.xx with part number SU00300757 for the gts 17' rim
For th boot liner it was $436.xx to $450.xx between 3 dealerships with part no SU00303327, however this liner is not molded to the wheel so it is the same as the jap spec and scion flat bed at the back, was wondering if anyone could share their wisdom on the rubber one which is molded?
According to the dealerships in TMCWA they say the rubber one is longer in their product listing too. As such being "DELETED" as they so told me, its quite fustrating as why would you delete something that could be an option?
I really want this mat as i do alot of driving and would be more headache if i didnt have a spare but more problematic if theres stuff dropping below next to the tyre if i have the "flat" boot mat.

Or are any of you guys willing to sell or trade your current boot liner? Ill pay cash if reasonable or even up for trade when my car arrives? Pm me? But ideally if someone can share part numbers was going to see if i can even order it from japan directly....

P.s these prices were from WA dealerships,
Blazereaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:37 AM   #2
Paragon

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
I was told the rubber liner is something they got made up locally for the ADM cars so there likely won't be a toyota part number for it.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:45 AM   #3
primetime

Drives: Shiro White 370Z
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Hey Blazereaper, I cancelled my order due to the spare tyre issue, however I understood that TMCA would actually put in a new boot rubber mat in place so you should be fine.

Other than that I imagine that the boot would just have a flat board with felt lining at the top (like the Scion FR-S), but you might want to press your dealer - I did read with certainty some time back that the rubber boot mat will be there even tho the spare tyre won't.
primetime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:21 AM   #4
Rusty86

Drives: Toyota 86 GTS Storm Black Aero
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
I heard that the new 86's were coming out with cans of compressed goop rather than a spare tire. Spray that shit into your tyre and its good to go for a while. That's James Bond shit right there, why would you cancel your order after getting upgraded to James bond technology.
Rusty86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:51 AM   #5
st162celica

Drives: 86 GTS Manual - Tornado Grey
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by primetime View Post
I cancelled my order due to the spare tyre issue.
Sorry man. Not taking a dig at you. why would you cancel your order due to spare tyre issue ?

Get a space saver. or a rim and tyre.

Back on topic. Buying the rim and mat is a complete rip off. You can prob get a mat moulded/ made for half the price and buy a shitty rim or space saver.

Im happy im getting a full size rim (hoping i am. August build) but seeing the tyre stick out kinda annoys me. The boot is small/shallow as it is and I tend to have to courier around boxes and stuff for work.
st162celica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 05:08 PM   #6
Sutty

Drives: Sonic Blue 86 GTS 6AT
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Garage
Here is a copy of the label that is attached to my "donut" boot liner.
Hope this helps you track one down.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347052129.643957.jpg
Views: 2081
Size:  136.2 KB
Sutty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sutty For This Useful Post:
Blazereaper (09-07-2012), Panman (09-07-2012)
Old 09-07-2012, 09:41 PM   #7
Blazereaper

Drives: Ae92
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutty View Post
Here is a copy of the label that is attached to my "donut" boot liner.
Hope this helps you track one down.

Attachment 14656
Thanks bro, that was awesome of you to do

@Paragon - i believe u may be right looking at his sticker, 'made in australia' and its cheaper the the $400+ part too for the polyutherane cover

@primetime - damn bro, i understand how u feel, ive asked my dealer to meet me halfway with some compensation cause they had initially ordered the wrong car for me and as a result have been delayed from my july deliver to possibly jan at the worst, u should have just stayed in there and sold ur spot xP

@Rusty86 - u are rght, its quite pathetic really when u can make ur own tyre repair kit form repco for like $60 and thats with a prettybdamn good compressor, cost cutting is one thing but keeping spare rims to make "more cars" yet still delivering one at a time? Kinda lost me

@st162celica - ur lucky man, have it confirmed august build? Hope u get it bro, really FOS this situation now especially i drive bout 30k every year so a spare is mandatory especially when i go remote, its not like 4WD or tracking but highways yea dont wanna get stranded 160km away with no spare and on top of that my mum had a screw go through her prius bridgestone turanza tyre and it was deemed irrepairable by 4 different tyre shops, had only done like 4000km....sucked balls

@Sutty - u legend, haha

Hey guys some goodish news for all of u guys with cars from sept onwards, they will replace the current plastic/rubber bootliner with the flat one ( as stated above) i did some digging on ebay my good ol friend after being turned down by 3 dealers, parts wa and toyota australia that the part does not exist, however lo and behold i found it on ebay, by a seller under the name "sydneycarparts"

He only has 8 left ( after i bought mine, inthink unless he has a random stockpile somewhere) but please note guys this might be the last of the item out there, might be worth buying it now if u wanna put a spare next time and not have ur mat be uneven in the boot,

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-TOYOT...ht_1812wt_1046

P.s thats ot even the best part that he has it too.....its CHEAPER THEN THE OTHER one sold by toyota by $300 and has free postage...call me asian but this has to be a bargain, thought id share with you guys my find with my great family here at ft86club hehe

Happy days guys
Blazereaper is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blazereaper For This Useful Post:
Sutty (09-07-2012)
Old 09-07-2012, 10:27 PM   #8
primetime

Drives: Shiro White 370Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by st162celica View Post
Sorry man. Not taking a dig at you. why would you cancel your order due to spare tyre issue ?
Long story man long story, one that's been covered to death -suffice to say I wasn't happy that I was short by about $1,200 (cost of rim and tyre and tools as priced by a member here from his Toyota dealer), plus the fact that the availability date was indeterminate.

Anyways, it's turned out for the better as I probably was meant to get my 370Z in the first place anyway, but the low cost of the '86 plus the full size alloy spare was what got me to place the order and also the fact that it's only a four pot, fuel efficiency was good too.
primetime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:30 PM   #9
DanVIIIVI

Drives: 86GTS 6M
The list price for the factory alloys was dropped substantially 1 week after the spec change was announced.

SU003-03327 is the part number for the boot liner and has a retail price of $425.50 inc GST but is ex Japan at the moment.

SU00300756 is the part number for the 16x6.5 Alloy wheel it currently has a retail price of $350.00 inc GST.

SU00300757 is the part number for the 17x7 Alloy wheel it currently has a retail price of $400.00 inc GST.

This came from the parts department at the dealership i work at. These prices were quoted mid August and may be subject to change.

Previous to this price reduction, yes the 17x7 alloy was around the $800 per wheel.
DanVIIIVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:02 PM   #10
ZZT86

Drives: BR86
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Blazer,

Sydney City Parts is a Toyota dealer, have purchased from them before ! My local dealer quoted sim. price for liner and about $400 odd for the 17" GTS wheel RRP ! I'm sure if you haggled/shopped around you could get better $$.
ZZT86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:09 PM   #11
LineNoise

Drives: Fiesta XR4, Toyota 86 on order
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanVIIIVI View Post
Previous to this price reduction, yes the 17x7 alloy was around the $800 per wheel.
I was actually quoted $1036 from several places here in Victoria at the start of August.
LineNoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:23 PM   #12
czar07

Drives: '97 RSP JZZ30 GT-T
You can have mine for $400 + your boot liner. Pick it up when you get your car

Germans>Japanese>Italians>Americans. Unless its a Corvette.
czar07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:59 PM   #13
DanVIIIVI

Drives: 86GTS 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by LineNoise View Post
I was actually quoted $1036 from several places here in Victoria at the start of August.

DanVIIIVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 01:24 AM   #14
Gir

Drives: 86 GT Manual - Sonic Blue
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by czar07 View Post
You can have mine for $400 + your boot liner. Pick it up when you get your car
I'm willing to do a similar trade with anyone who wants a full size spare.
Gir is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gir For This Useful Post:
czar07 (09-14-2012)