follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 02-06-2017, 09:44 PM   #1
Stimmed

Drives: Toyota 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Coyoda Turbo Kit Thread.

Hey all.

Alot of turbo kits have there own thread thought I would see how many Coyoda Turbo kit users we got on here!.

I had mine installed over the last few weeks by Alan Butler (Turbo Yoda) as mine was customized a bit. I came from a SME turbo kit another Australian kit but seeing how well the Coyoda was performing I had to change it up.

Not sure on power output its currently with Tony Young (Coyote Tuning) and the tune will be getting done over the next week or so depending what else we find to add in!.

Keen to hear your results and see some pictures

I know this is an Australian only kit right now but there hoping to get it out to other countries in the near future.

Feel free to ask any questions will reply with what I can if anyone is curious about the kit.
Attached Images

2013 Toyota 86 (IQOf86) - Coyoda Turbo Kit, Perrin 3" Exhaust, 18" CE28SL's, Custom Oil Cooler/Transmission Cooler, Tuned by Coyote Tuning, Built FA20, E85 Fuel, Turbo Kit and Oil Coolers installed by Turbo Yoda
Stimmed is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Stimmed For This Useful Post:
Guff (02-06-2017)
Old 02-06-2017, 10:22 PM   #2
Captain Snooze
Because compromise ®

Drives: Red Herring
Thanked 9,346 Times in 4,127 Posts
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stimmed View Post
I know this is an Australian only kit right now but they're hoping to get it out to other countries in the near future.
At the risk of sounding pessimistic I don't see the point. Why would someone buy a kit from overseas when there are already many kits with local support to choose from.

Captain Snooze is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Captain Snooze For This Useful Post:
fuddbutter (02-09-2017)
Old 02-06-2017, 10:22 PM   #3
Guff
Now w/ over 400 womprats!

Drives: BRZ LZR
Thanked 3,420 Times in 1,424 Posts
Mentioned: 301 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Garage
More pics! I've seen a few pics of these floating around but honestly, it's pretty unknown outside of Oz.

I'm sure the entire internet loves anything that comes out of Al and Miles' shop, so I'm keen on seeing details on this kit!
Guff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 10:48 PM   #4
Stimmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Snooze View Post
At the risk of sounding pessimistic I don't see the point. Why would someone buy a kit from overseas when there are already many kits with local support to choose from.
Thats a bit narrow minded. Yes alot of stuff made in a country is easier (depending on the company) for support.

Just because its made in your country does not make it superior. I buy TONS of things from over seas and sometimes it is actually cheaper and a superior product.

There is alot of turbo kits out there and they can all cater for differnt people. Some want a stock look some want a big ass turbo visable in there engine bay etc. Some want huge power some small. list goes on.

Also the USD is alot stronger then AUD atm so the price for what the kit is would be competitive.
2013 Toyota 86 (IQOf86) - Coyoda Turbo Kit, Perrin 3" Exhaust, 18" CE28SL's, Custom Oil Cooler/Transmission Cooler, Tuned by Coyote Tuning, Built FA20, E85 Fuel, Turbo Kit and Oil Coolers installed by Turbo Yoda
CxG (03-07-2017)
Old 02-06-2017, 10:52 PM   #5
Stimmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guff View Post
More pics! I've seen a few pics of these floating around but honestly, it's pretty unknown outside of Oz.

I'm sure the entire internet loves anything that comes out of Al and Miles' shop, so I'm keen on seeing details on this kit!
Yup they do some quality work!. And alot of awesome custom stuff for all types of cars 4wds etc!.

I only have this pic left as I droped the car into the Tuner yesterday. Pics of dyno charts etc will come eventually.
Attached Images

Guff (02-07-2017)
Old 02-06-2017, 11:15 PM   #6
Captain Snooze
Because compromise ®

Drives: Red Herring
Thanked 9,346 Times in 4,127 Posts
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Quote:
Thats a bit narrow minded. [1] Yes a lot of stuff made in a country is easier (depending on the company) for support. [2]

Just because its made in your country does not make it superior. [3] I buy TONS of things from over seas and sometimes it is actually cheaper and a superior product. [4]

There is a lot of turbo kits out there and they can all cater for differnt people. Some want a stock look some want a big ass turbo visable in there engine bay etc. Some want huge power some small. list goes on.

Also the USD is a lot stronger then AUD atm so the price for what the kit is would be competitive.[5]
1/ It is not being narrow minded. I guessing you've never had to deal with an overseas manufacturer for support.
2/ See 1
3/ Did you see my country? I have nothing but the utmost respect for Tony and his work.
4/ I guess that argument goes against buying local.
5/ The point of my post was:
- Given the number of quality kits and tuners overseas, especially in the US (where I am not) I don't see the point of getting such an expensive part from overseas.
- As inferred in 1/ you won't appreciate local support until you need it.

Ok? All good? Great!

Captain Snooze is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Captain Snooze For This Useful Post:
Hawk77FT (02-08-2017)
Old 02-06-2017, 11:34 PM   #7
Stimmed

Quote:
1/ It is not being narrow minded. I guessing you've never had to deal with an overseas manufacturer for support.
2/ See 1
3/ Did you see my country? I have nothing but the utmost respect for Tony and his work.
4/ I guess that argument goes against buying local.
5/ The point of my post was:
- Given the number of quality kits and tuners overseas, especially in the US (where I am not) I don't see the point of getting such an expensive part from overseas.
- As inferred in 1/ you won't appreciate local support until you need it.

Ok? All good? Great!
I have delt with plenty over seas (mainly not car parts computers phones etc I understand the delay can be a pain but aslong as they handle it well and dont let the issue sit there for ever ive found it not to bad.)

Dont get me wrong I think if your dealing local its obviously quicker. Ive also delt with some companys within australia where its taken longer to get a new part or replacement then it would to buy from another country.

Tony and AL do amazing work. Im sure other countrys do to!. I wasnt saying you didnt rate either of there work etc sorry if it came accross like that.

As to there being alot of kits over there sure. Ive seen alot of those kits on cars here and seen dyno graphs of how they perform vs others. Im pretty confident if Tonys and Als kit was overseas it would be seeing some VERY good results.

In the end there are plenty of great kits depends what your looking for in many different countrys.

Old 02-07-2017, 04:27 AM   #8
Kodename47

Drives: UK GT86
Thanked 1,629 Times in 1,112 Posts
Mentioned: 155 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
People are still buying the Harrop SC....

Kodename 47 DJ:
Soundcloud / Instagram / Facebook
Kodename47 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kodename47 For This Useful Post:
Stimmed (02-07-2017)
Old 02-07-2017, 08:47 AM   #9
Teseo

Drives: frs
Thanked 2,922 Times in 1,769 Posts
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Will fit on my Honda? More pics and info
Teseo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Teseo For This Useful Post:
Guff (02-07-2017), Yoshoobaroo (05-21-2017)
Old 02-07-2017, 03:02 PM   #10
Yoshoobaroo
TRACKBREAD

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Thanked 4,024 Times in 1,895 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Garage
What's being used for tuning?

I love the intercooler setup, it's perfect.

Will this be available in the US anytime soon?
Yoshoobaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 04:20 PM   #11
Guff
Now w/ over 400 womprats!

Drives: BRZ LZR
Thanked 3,420 Times in 1,424 Posts
Mentioned: 301 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Yup they do some quality work!. And alot of awesome custom stuff for all types of cars 4wds etc!.

I only have this pic left as I droped the car into the Tuner yesterday. Pics of dyno charts etc will come eventually.
What turbo is it using and where is it mounted? If I remember correctly, it's mounted right in the front like most kits, but that custom intake/IC pipe thing (what is that btw?) makes it seem like it might be elsewhere.
Guff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 06:23 PM   #12
Stimmed

Hahah dosent anything fit on a honda?? :P

Turbo is a 3582 its low mounted up the front but you litterally cant see it. Even looking in the engine bay you may get a glimpse of it but you have to really get in close its hidden away nicely.

ATM the software is BRZEdit But I think Tony might be looking at ecutek in the near future but not to sure.

Thats actually the heat exchanger at the front. It runs a W2A setup. Which is sitting under that "Coyoda" labled box at the front of the engine bay. The intake they used to use the standard one so it looked even more stock but issues were to hard to get oil lines in for oil coolers etc. So now there custom making that intake the pod sits in the bumper. Harder to change and check but much more room in the engine bay it self.

Keep in mind this is on an auto. I was going with a 3076 but Tony/Al said with the auto it will mask a bit of the lag anyway and they were very keen to see if they could fit the new bigger turbo down there....and they did!.

Only issue we are worried about is the auto not handling enough power. I have a spare to be built if needed but we will play it by ear. The setup is making alot of torque it should be a blast.

Hope that answered most questions just quote again if I missed any will try and reply

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stimmed For This Useful Post:
Guff (02-08-2017), Yoshoobaroo (02-08-2017)
Old 02-07-2017, 09:18 PM   #13
Stimmed

Should be able to get some more pictures tonight. Getting the car back for the rest of the week before it goes back in to finish off the tune.

Some small parts for a few things holding it up!. And the weather is just absurdly hot right now! Hoping it cools down a bit next week and we can push it

But I wont have to baby it on the current tune atleast so should be a bit of fun either way till its finished
Old 02-07-2017, 11:38 PM   #14
Stimmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guff View Post

Oh this isnt done at AM Auto. Al/Tony Young(Coyote Tuning) did the creation and develpment of this kit. Mostly in Als shed....which is better equiped then most mechanics shops lol. Just wanted to clear that up as I think Al is taking a break from AM to concentrate on this kit.
Guff (02-08-2017)