follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting

Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting What these cars were built for!

User Tag List
go_a_way1

Old 02-10-2017, 10:51 PM   #1205
bryanttttttta

Drives:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Name:  Small banner.jpg
Views: 740
Size:  237.2 KB

Socal Drift events
www.slidefactory.org

Facebook event page:
https://www.facebook.com/events/417631488580632/

Co-Founder of SlideFactoryInc Grip/Drift Events
www.slidefactory.org
bryanttttttta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 11:59 PM   #1206
Nick_ysl

Drives: 13' Raven Fr-s
Hey fellas, I like never post on here but I got a 86 in October after having a frs for 3 years and took it to my first drift event last Friday. Here's a lil video I made of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nick_ysl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nick_ysl For This Useful Post:
CarzCarzCarz (02-14-2017)
Old 02-16-2017, 08:48 PM   #1207
Shinchu

Drives: 2016 FR-S Asphault MT
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by richie incognito View Post
cool to see nob still running D1.

Curious why they would make such a janky looking mount instead of just fabbing it like 1inch further out.
Pretty sure its because fd rules say stock suspension mounts and measurements need to remain in place. That said it looks pretty flimsy.

Gator i just saw your vids about your crash. Glad you took it like a champ and your reaction to the go fund me suggestions are classy af. Thanks man your vids are great.
Haha just barely got that hug from adam lz in frame too lol

Also when are you going to accept my xbox live request?!!?! Lmao

http://www.poweredbymax.net/
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Shinchu For This Useful Post:
x808drifter (02-17-2017)
Old 02-18-2017, 02:03 PM   #1208
Shady195

Drives: '13 10 Series FRS #1203
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinchu View Post
Pretty sure its because fd rules say stock suspension mounts and measurements need to remain in place. That said it looks pretty flimsy.

Gator i just saw your vids about your crash. Glad you took it like a champ and your reaction to the go fund me suggestions are classy af. Thanks man your vids are great.

I dont think rules have anything to do with it. This car will not see competition, at least not in FD as its not legal. This is just a demo/showcase car.
Shady195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 04:59 PM   #1209
TylerLieberman

Drives: '20 Hakone 86
Thanked 3,334 Times in 1,572 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinchu View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady195 View Post
I dont think rules have anything to do with it. This car will not see competition, at least not in FD as its not legal. This is just a demo/showcase car.
Car was built by Saito at Fat Five Racing in JP. The car is for exhibition. FD rules don't apply and weren't taken into consideration for this build, because the car will never see FD (thank god). The mindset behind Saito's wild builds tends to be take off everything that isn't absolutely necessary.
TylerLieberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 08:27 PM   #1210
x808drifter
LMGTFY

Drives: 13 FRS, 91 Miata
Thanked 3,646 Times in 1,625 Posts
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Have a feeling that any side impact is gonna destroy the front.
Looks just strong enough to work well, but doubt it'd handle any kind of impact.

Hard to be sure, now I wanna see the subframe/arm mounts from underneath.
x808drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 11:47 PM   #1211
6-Shift
Señor Member

Drives: 2013 Raven, Drifty things
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
First event of the year next weekend. Gonna try running "normal" front tires so that the grip differential isn't as large. Will have my extended inner tie rods and solid rack bushings installed then too. Hoping that I'm not too rusty and that the car is a bit more forgiving than last year. Excited to start my second year of "legit" drifting!
6-Shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 02:45 PM   #1212
Shady195

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6-Shift View Post
First event of the year next weekend. Gonna try running "normal" front tires so that the grip differential isn't as large. Will have my extended inner tie rods and solid rack bushings installed then too. Hoping that I'm not too rusty and that the car is a bit more forgiving than last year. Excited to start my second year of "legit" drifting!
I feel ya man. Im in a rush to get big things done so I can make an event at the end of march.

I'll probably be the only one that says the inner tie rods don't help at all. I was pretty stoked to hear people saying they definitely noticed a difference, but after going out last year, id say its negligible.

Not trying to make you depressed, just want you to know what to expect. They clearly do allow a bit more lock as my tires started rubbing slightly on the inner fender wells but it was'nt anything really noticeable in the car in drift.

I wrote a post after I got them in saying how great I thought they were (I did some hooning on the street with them before going to an actual track) , but after a full season with them I will say that they deff add some angle but nothing that translates into anything mind blowing. If you push the car close to the limit, its not going to get you out of a bind like a real angle kit will.
Old 02-28-2017, 09:03 PM   #1213
Ryaquinn

Drives: FRS
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
[ame]http://youtu.be/vRTqVPjWixg[/ame]

Old 02-28-2017, 09:38 PM   #1214
6-Shift
Señor Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady195 View Post
I feel ya man. Im in a rush to get big things done so I can make an event at the end of march.

I'll probably be the only one that says the inner tie rods don't help at all. I was pretty stoked to hear people saying they definitely noticed a difference, but after going out last year, id say its negligible.

Not trying to make you depressed, just want you to know what to expect. They clearly do allow a bit more lock as my tires started rubbing slightly on the inner fender wells but it was'nt anything really noticeable in the car in drift.

I wrote a post after I got them in saying how great I thought they were (I did some hooning on the street with them before going to an actual track) , but after a full season with them I will say that they deff add some angle but nothing that translates into anything mind blowing. If you push the car close to the limit, its not going to get you out of a bind like a real angle kit will.
At this point I just want them on the damn car, they've been sitting in my room for over 6 months at this point. But I'm hoping that a full PBM kit is in my future so it's all temporary. I'm worried about rubbing too, especially because I run pretty wide wheels (17x9.5 +30). I'm gonna disconnect my front sway bar too. This is a good event for trial and error since it's basically 9-5 hot lap style.
Old 03-01-2017, 11:01 AM   #1215
TylerLieberman

Drives: '20 Hakone 86
Thanked 3,334 Times in 1,572 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6-Shift View Post
At this point I just want them on the damn car, they've been sitting in my room for over 6 months at this point. But I'm hoping that a full PBM kit is in my future so it's all temporary. I'm worried about rubbing too, especially because I run pretty wide wheels (17x9.5 +30). I'm gonna disconnect my front sway bar too. This is a good event for trial and error since it's basically 9-5 hot lap style.
9.5j wheels are definitely too wide for the front on stock fenders with increased angle. I would rub a bit under compression at full lock with 17x9 +15 wheels and 215/40 tires.

And that was just with tie rods. PBM knuckles will give more angle, and more rub.
TylerLieberman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TylerLieberman For This Useful Post:
Shinchu (03-04-2017)
Old 03-02-2017, 11:32 AM   #1216
6-Shift
Señor Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerLieberman View Post
9.5j wheels are definitely too wide for the front on stock fenders with increased angle. I would rub a bit under compression at full lock with 17x9 +15 wheels and 215/40 tires.

And that was just with tie rods. PBM knuckles will give more angle, and more rub.
I'll be getting different wheels when I do the angle kit.... Working on more powahh first....
Old 03-03-2017, 08:51 AM   #1217
Shady195

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryaquinn View Post

Things looking great man!
The Following User Says Thank You to Shady195 For This Useful Post:
Ryaquinn (03-05-2017)
Old 03-03-2017, 01:14 PM   #1218
Rougenite

Drives: Raven FR-S
New to drift thread...most of my driving involves keeping the wheels planted, but there is a slight inclination to get sideways...

Next part(s) to go in is a 4.88 FD and a 1.5way, maybe a 2way LSD. Running Enkei RPF1s 17x9+35 (in silver!) 245/45/ PSS + E85 and a tune.

Anybody here have any Final Drive conversions and/or a different LSD?
Rougenite is offline   Reply With Quote