follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Old 11-02-2016, 11:43 PM   #7757
PMok
Codename: Stitch

Drives: 91 MR2; 06 IS350; 16 BRZ; 18 CX-5
Thanked 5,436 Times in 2,307 Posts
Mentioned: 462 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlookedx View Post
If you record a fender bender on a dash cam are you obliged to pull over with the people who got into the accident and let them know?

Saw one on my way home tonight but I figured it was a cut and dry accident, person didn't stop in time and fault is pretty obvious. Not sure if I could help at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwolf View Post
I would say no, there is no obligation to pull over. The dashcam is for your use, not theirs. If I felt that the driver was being wreckless prior to the crash, I may be more willing to pull over though.
Yeah there is no obligation to stop and let them know... but if you do stop and disclose to them that your cam may have recorded the accident, that opens you up to being possibly called as a witness, or being subpoena'd for the evidence if the case ever went to court. Obviously if either party had a lawyer, that lawyer would want to see the evidence, and therefore call on you to provide it. But if you never stopped and let them know, then they of course would never know of its existence and not be able to do anything about it. Not saying that you shouldn't help anyone out, but just know what it may get you into.
Old 11-04-2016, 12:50 AM   #7758
HachiRo

Drives: 2013 White-Out FRS
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Anyone know an empty warehouse or building I may use for 3-4 hours to film my project? Around San Jose. Willing to pay, of course, but yeah! Just need an empty warehouse like building.
Old 11-09-2016, 02:44 PM   #7759
overlookedx

Drives: 2015 WRB Limited
Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Sometimes just saying fuck it and putting a muffler delete on for the day with headers is worth it. Couldn't live with it everyday but damn does that subie rumble come alive.
BigFatFlip (11-14-2016), lamune (11-09-2016)
Old 11-09-2016, 04:52 PM   #7760
mkivsoopra

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 161 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMok View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlookedx View Post
If you record a fender bender on a dash cam are you obliged to pull over with the people who got into the accident and let them know?

Saw one on my way home tonight but I figured it was a cut and dry accident, person didn't stop in time and fault is pretty obvious. Not sure if I could help at all.
Yeah there is no obligation to stop and let them know... but if you do stop and disclose to them that your cam may have recorded the accident, that opens you up to being possibly called as a witness, or being subpoena'd for the evidence if the case ever went to court. Obviously if either party had a lawyer, that lawyer would want to see the evidence, and therefore call on you to provide it. But if you never stopped and let them know, then they of course would never know of its existence and not be able to do anything about it. Not saying that you shouldn't help anyone out, but just know what it may get you into.

This actually happened to me within a week of getting my dashcam. I was driving on 101 and witnessed a hit and run in front of me. The victim tried to get the "runner" to pull over, but gave up after a mile or so. I was following behind and pulled over along with the victim. I didn't stick around for the CHP to show up, but gave the driver my information. Later that day, a CHP officer contacted me for a statement, and I sent him the video.

I thought it was over, but more than 6 months later, the lawyer of the "runner" called me out of the blue and started asking all these questions, including why I had a dashcam (?? I replied with "why not?"). Apparently, they were denying responsibility and the case was going to trial. Luckily for me, I never heard from them again after that phone call.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsxD1YgwIAU"]July 6, 2013 Accident on 101N - YouTube[/ame]
mkivsoopra is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mkivsoopra For This Useful Post:
BigFatFlip (11-14-2016), PMok (11-09-2016)
Old 11-09-2016, 05:49 PM   #7761
PMok

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkivsoopra View Post
This actually happened to me within a week of getting my dashcam. I was driving on 101 and witnessed a hit and run in front of me. The victim tried to get the "runner" to pull over, but gave up after a mile or so. I was following behind and pulled over along with the victim. I didn't stick around for the CHP to show up, but gave the driver my information. Later that day, a CHP officer contacted me for a statement, and I sent him the video.

I thought it was over, but more than 6 months later, the lawyer of the "runner" called me out of the blue and started asking all these questions, including why I had a dashcam (?? I replied with "why not?"). Apparently, they were denying responsibility and the case was going to trial. Luckily for me, I never heard from them again after that phone call.

Wow what a scumbag... but if I had to guess, the "runner" was being criminally charged with hit-and-run (involved party leaving the scene of an accident without exchanging info) and the lawyer was doing his due diligence ... once he talked to you and realized the case didn't look good for his client they probably cut a deal.
Old 11-09-2016, 05:53 PM   #7762
overlookedx

Drives: 2015 WRB Limited
Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkivsoopra View Post

Wow that's crazy, I'd be more likely to pull over with the victim and give them my info if this was the situation. Seems worth it to do the right thing even if it means answering a few questions.
Old 11-13-2016, 12:07 PM   #7763
xxatsayxx

Drives: 2015 WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Anyone have a recommendation on a subaru dealership in the area that does good work? Looking to get a windshield replaced with an oem one. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
xxatsayxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 02:13 PM   #7764
Clipdat
Proud of BOXER

Drives: Subaru Boxer
Thanked 6,845 Times in 3,675 Posts
Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
ATTN: Oil cooler owners. Anything needed to live with one aside from using an extra quart at changes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz
I'm old and lazy
Clipdat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 02:32 PM   #7765
kask2_6.0

Drives: 13 BRZ
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipdat View Post
ATTN: Oil cooler owners. Anything needed to live with one aside from using an extra quart at changes?
Nope!
kask2_6.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kask2_6.0 For This Useful Post:
Clipdat (11-14-2016)
Old 11-13-2016, 02:49 PM   #7766
BigFatFlip
sleep, drive, eat, repeat

Drives: '13 BRZ, '12 Outback
Thanked 3,796 Times in 1,981 Posts
Mentioned: 188 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
^ yep! Maybe a way to watch your oil temps like obd2+torque app to make sure you are getting up to temp
BigFatFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BigFatFlip For This Useful Post:
Clipdat (11-14-2016)
Old 11-13-2016, 02:56 PM   #7767
EAGLE5
Dismember

Drives: 2013 Red Scion FR-S
Thanked 3,999 Times in 2,155 Posts
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxatsayxx View Post
Anyone have a recommendation on a subaru dealership in the area that does good work? Looking to get a windshield replaced with an oem one. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My wife used Peter Pan for our Forester. I believe they used a Subaru windshield. It wasn't the best price, but it was a god price, and the windshield is nicely installed.
EAGLE5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 02:57 PM   #7768
EAGLE5
Dismember

Drives: 2013 Red Scion FR-S
Thanked 3,999 Times in 2,155 Posts
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
If you get an oil cooler, I am dragging your ass to the track. Since most of your drives are 3 miles, your car is going to struggle to get up to temp.
EAGLE5 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EAGLE5 For This Useful Post:
Clipdat (11-14-2016)
Old 11-13-2016, 03:31 PM   #7769
PMok

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsimon7777 View Post
If you get an oil cooler, I am dragging your ass to the track. Since most of your drives are 3 miles, your car is going to struggle to get up to temp.
^^ this ... if you aren't going to track, are you seeing oil temps above 220 frequently?

Quote:
you actually don't need an extra quart each time, just the first time you fill after installation. After that the amount you drain and refill should be about the same as normal. Some oil (that extra quart) will remain in the cooler (and lines) and not be drained.
Old 11-13-2016, 04:33 PM   #7770
PandaBRZ

Drives: SWP BRZ
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
I would add that you need to do oil changes slightly more frequently since you can't drain the oil that's in the oil cooler. Doing oil changes more frequently gives you more chances to flush the dirty oil out of the oil cooler.

Read my writing about the BRZ on my website.
PandaBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PandaBRZ For This Useful Post:
Clipdat (11-14-2016), finch1750 (11-14-2016), PMok (11-13-2016)