follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.

User Tag List

Old 04-29-2015, 02:36 AM   #15
mtsui

Drives: 135i
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroomin86 View Post
It is obvious that your skill for that track had improved much more when filming with the godspeeds, then from the first video with the teins.

Truth is the video shows me the teins to have smoother control and aren't all over the place like the godspeeds. But again could be your driving. Pushing the godspeeds much more
I have been driving this track for more than 10 times, there is still room to improve, but its not like I suck when I had the tein=/ and the tein video and godspeed video was only 2 track days apart. and again, Im not saying Tein is not good, and tein costs more than $3k had their reason, I'm just giving you guys a review that budget coilover is not what people used to think its worst (I used to not believe in budget coilover as well)

for some reason, why people are saying the tein video is smoother driving? when i see it, there is alot of over steering and under steering as well on the tein(the bottom video), so is it me or im confuse?
mtsui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 02:43 AM   #16
mtsui

more video on the godspeed coilover
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRzkebUfqEI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRzkebUfqEI[/ame]
Old 04-29-2015, 03:15 AM   #17
mtsui

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSG Mike View Post
I'm curious as to why you have so much understeer on the 8/10 setup, which should be looser than the 10/12 setup. Were there any other changes to your car? Clean driving! I seen an AIM in your car; do you have data from the laps?
i don't even know how to use the software, haha
is it this?
Old 04-29-2015, 03:22 AM   #18
CSG Mike

Drives: S2000 CR
Thanked 14,177 Times in 6,835 Posts
Mentioned: 966 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtsui View Post
i don't even know how to use the software, haha
is it this?

If you can e-mail the files to me, I can post the relevant graphs
CSG Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 11:04 AM   #19
Hyper4mance2k
Shadetree Project Ratchet

Drives: series.Blue
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
I don't know how familiar everyone is with the Miata racing scene, but I have it on good authority that the Flyin' Miata coilovers are revalved Godspeeds. Flyin' Miata is to Miatas as CSG is to the 86.
So, they can't be that bad, can they?

Last edited by Hyper4mance2k; 04-30-2015 at 11:07 PM.
Hyper4mance2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 12:27 PM   #20
PandaBRZ

Drives: SWP BRZ
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Thanks, @mtsui for providing the videos and data. I'm skeptical but still intrigued by the coilovers.

Read my writing about the BRZ on my website.
PandaBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 12:44 PM   #21
8R6

Drives: FRS
Thanked 1,338 Times in 746 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
just curious, what tires are you on?
Old 04-29-2015, 02:22 PM   #22
Vroomin86

Drives: 2015 Fire
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
No I actually think your driving was great! , but I believe on the teins you drove a little worse than you did on the godspeeds and even then the car wasn't sliding all over the place like on the godspeeds.
Vroomin86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 04:35 PM   #23
mtsui

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRGT86 View Post
just curious, what tires are you on?
Ad08r for the teins video and z2 for the Godspeed.
The mod list are on both video listed on YouTube!
Old 04-30-2015, 05:59 PM   #24
Bergen23
Banned

Drives: '15 Halo FR-S
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
@Hollwood_lives is on my old GodSpeed Mono-Max's. He could chime in about this subject as well.

When I was on them, I was very impressed by the performance they afforded. I was skeptical at first, given the price point. But after using them for a bit I was quite happy with how they turned out. If I could do it all again, I'd probably have just kept them and not sprung for the Fortune Auto 500's I ended up with.

I felt as though they lacked the advertised adjustability, and I only really noticed a difference on the dampening when they were turned all the way to hard or soft, but that's really my only complaint about them. Other than that, they were on the car for 3 months during salt season and had very minor corrosion on them, so that's a plus. They went low enough for what I wanted out of them, and after adjusting to the ride quality, they were comfortable enough for daily driving.
Bergen23 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bergen23 For This Useful Post:
mtsui (05-02-2015)
Old 05-01-2015, 05:48 PM   #25
zc06_kisstherain

Drives: SWP BRZ
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Garage
hmmm
zc06_kisstherain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 08:25 PM   #26
redlined600

Drives: Fr-s
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
I have a hard time taking anyone who has this in their "knowledge center" seriously.

Here are some of the commonly reported good and bad points of having a coilover on your vehicle.

ADVANTAGES OF A COILOVER SUSPENSION

Good handling. Some enthusiasts point to improved handling with coilovers as opposed to some of the stock suspension systems that come from the factory. Setting up a custom suspension can help that system do more of the work in cornering and other parts of the drive.
Adjustability. Drivers love that these custom suspensions are adjustable. That's great for anyone who wants a "low ride" for their car. On the other hand, for off-road coilovers, a high setting will often be preferable. Being able to set your suspension any way you want to is a huge plus for these kinds of systems.
Prestige. Telling your auto-buff friends that you installed a coilover suspension will probably get you some points. The better kinds of coilovers are well regarded in the car community as useful custom aftermarket parts, and some of the best cars around run on these kinds of specialized setups.
redlined600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 02:26 PM   #27
bfrank1972

Drives: 2013 FR-S Argento
Thanked 1,039 Times in 616 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by redlined600 View Post
I have a hard time taking anyone who has this in their "knowledge center" seriously.

Here are some of the commonly reported good and bad points of having a coilover on your vehicle.

ADVANTAGES OF A COILOVER SUSPENSION

Good handling. Some enthusiasts point to improved handling with coilovers as opposed to some of the stock suspension systems that come from the factory. Setting up a custom suspension can help that system do more of the work in cornering and other parts of the drive.
Adjustability. Drivers love that these custom suspensions are adjustable. That's great for anyone who wants a "low ride" for their car. On the other hand, for off-road coilovers, a high setting will often be preferable. Being able to set your suspension any way you want to is a huge plus for these kinds of systems.
Prestige. Telling your auto-buff friends that you installed a coilover suspension will probably get you some points. The better kinds of coilovers are well regarded in the car community as useful custom aftermarket parts, and some of the best cars around run on these kinds of specialized setups.
lol....well they're not wrong....

Probably written by a salesperson rather than a suspension engineer, but I see your point.
bfrank1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 10:01 PM   #28
mtsui

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfrank1972 View Post
lol....well they're not wrong....

Probably written by a salesperson rather than a suspension engineer, but I see your point.
I'm not a sale person, and I wrote this review because i know alot of people can't afford highend suspension so this coilover might be a good choice because I personally used it for daily and also on the track. and again I wrote this review base on what I felt on the suspension. there is no right or wrong, I didn't saying something like Im a suspension engineer and I see this is better than teins because of this or that, I'm just an user who drive my FRS for daily and also track, thats all.