follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > User/Vendor/Sponsor Reviews, Feedback, Comments

User Tag List

Old 02-25-2014, 05:24 PM   #1
SirBrass
Trust me, I'm the Doctor

Drives: 2019 WRX Limited (WRB)
Thanked 1,251 Times in 781 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Thumbs up Nameless Performance customer service/returns/ordering review

So, back when I had the '13 STI, I had ordered a HFC turbo downpipe from Nameless with an extra O2 bung. Cost was $619 before shipping (not bad considering the quality), but I hadn't managed to get it installed before I traded in the STI and got the BRZ.

So, here I had a never-installed, effectively-NIB downpipe. Thought it wouldn't be too hard to sell it for $500 to the SWIC (SouthWest Impreza Owners Club) guys and get some extra $$ to go towards Nameless stuff for my BRZ.

Unfortunately, no dice. Not when they could get a more-cheaply-manufactured Invidia catless DP for lots less. It being a catted dp was a deal killer for most, too. Even dropping the price to $400, I was only getting "no thanks" responses.

Then, Travis at SRP suggested I contact Nameless directly and ask about returns. "They're pretty good about this sort of thing," he said (I'm paraphrasing).

I figured I'd be out restocking fees on the item and have to pay shipping back to them, but even with that I figured I'd still get back more than what I was offering to sell it for locally.

So, I called the guys at Nameless and spoke to @Ryan@Nameless and much to my surprise, NP was willing to refund me the full price of the dp, less shipping to and from, as long as the refund was in store credit (any other kind of refund would be less a 20% restocking fee). Talk about a good deal!

So, I finally got off my lazy rear end last week and sent the dp back via FedEx 3 day ground. They got the dp in today and processed right away (awesome!). So, as soon as I got the email, I gave Ryan a call and ordered

2.5" op/fp w/ HFC & Hemholz resonator ,
Nameless FA20 t-shirt

Including shipping, that still leaves me with about $13 in store credit. The order was entered while I drove the < 5 minutes back to the office from lunch.

All this to say how fantastic and stress-free dealing with Nameless for the entire process of returning my NIB STI dp and basically exchanging it for a FP/OP for my BRZ has been.

They may be small and build times may be long due to batch processing, and they may be more expensive than some others, but honestly I think it's all worth it.

Good job, Nameless!

^GT5 Replay Photo Mode^
SirBrass is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SirBrass For This Useful Post:
Proof (03-10-2014), Ryan@Nameless (02-25-2014), Sportsguy83 (02-28-2014), Z0rr0 (03-03-2014)
Old 02-25-2014, 07:26 PM   #2
2point0

Drives: '13 BRZ Ltd WRB
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Nice deal! I had a really good volley of emails back and forth with Jason about a crack in one of my axleback tips over about 2 or 3 days (bought it used, so no real warranty). Then, it's like they fell off the earth. Several more emails over the next couple of months and not one reply.

I keep meaning to call, but when I'm at work my signal is horrible and when I'm not at work, they probably aren't either. Bums me out, because I really like the company and their philosophy, but this left a sour taste in my mouth. I have to remind myself that email is not a guarantee and it's best to call.

I don't mean to take away from your experience, I have to say it's rare for any company to work with the customer like in your case. Some of them really stick to that restocking fee, too.
2point0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 10:42 PM   #3
SirBrass
Trust me, I'm the Doctor

Garage
Well I was the original buyer & had a part I bought from them that I literally could not use & was in perfect condition.

They also do state clearly on the website that they will not accept returns which have been installed in the vehicle.

Also, calling them is the best way to get in touch.

I'm on my phone so if I make mistakes, blame Sportsguy83

^GT5 Replay Photo Mode^
The Following User Says Thank You to SirBrass For This Useful Post:
2point0 (02-26-2014)
Old 03-04-2014, 02:37 PM   #4
Dave-ROR
Site Moderator

Drives: Stuff
Thanked 5,965 Times in 2,689 Posts
Mentioned: 262 Post(s)
Tagged: 8 Thread(s)
This doesn't surprise me at all.
Tow: 2022 F-450
Toys: 2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06, 1993 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1994 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
Parts: 2015 Subaru BRZ Limited, 2005 Acura TSX
Projects: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited track car build
FS: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 LT CCSB 8.1/Allison with 99k miles
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 11:34 PM   #5
JDM FRS

Drives: Scion FRS(Whiteout)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
I wish my experience with nameless was good. I ordered an axelback from them almost a month ago, I got one email telling me that it was put into their build queue and that was it. A couple weeks later I emailed them to make sure everything was okay and a couple days later I got an email explaining that the status meant that it was in the build queue and that they were experiencing a high volume of orders. I totally understood and apologized for pestering. But now almost a month later I have no other emails or response from them regarding my order. It doesn't seem like too much to ask for an approximation of when it would begin manufacturing. Almost 600$ is a lot of money to give to a company and not hear anything for a month.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
JDM FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 11:03 AM   #6
SirBrass
Trust me, I'm the Doctor

Garage
Again, calling is the best way to get in touch with them.

When my sti downpipe was being made, it was quite a while till I got it, too. That is, quite a while between it going into the build queue & the email telling me that it had shipped.

On phone I am. Therefore, if mistakes I make, Frank Oz blame you should.

^GT5 Replay Photo Mode^
Old 03-10-2014, 11:46 AM   #7
JDM FRS

Drives: Scion FRS(Whiteout)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBrass View Post
Again, calling is the best way to get in touch with them.

When my sti downpipe was being made, it was quite a while till I got it, too. That is, quite a while between it going into the build queue & the email telling me that it had shipped.

Yea I'm going to try giving them a call today. But from a customer service standpoint I shouldn't have to, they should be feeding information once it goes over their average build time.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
JDM FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 11:51 AM   #8
SirBrass
Trust me, I'm the Doctor

Garage
They're small, dude. They don't exactly have the manpower to be as on the ball with electronic communications. That they're good with phone communication, however, negates the lack of customer service swiftness through email, IMO.

^GT5 Replay Photo Mode^

Last edited by SirBrass; 03-10-2014 at 02:26 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to SirBrass For This Useful Post:
JDM FRS (03-17-2014)

Tags
good job guys, nameless performance, ryan@nameless