follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 03-17-2014, 07:36 PM   #15
xwd

Drives: 2013 DGM Subaru BRZ (Subie #9)
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
What is the size of the v-band inlet/outlet on the included turbo?
xwd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 01:24 AM   #16
Hawaiian
That guy

Drives: Ultramarine mt FR-S
Thanked 1,389 Times in 730 Posts
Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwx View Post
@P&L Motorsports
Jr Tuned 506whp @17psi (e73)
Hawaiian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 10:33 AM   #17
P&L Motorsports

Drives: '13 Turbo BRZ (AT) & '13 FRS
Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwx View Post
2.5in inlet and 3in outlet.

Thanks!
Kathy @P&L
P&L Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 10:58 AM   #18
King Tut
NASA SpecE30 Racer

Drives: 2006 Honda S2000
Thanked 5,759 Times in 3,055 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
Tagged: 10 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to King Tut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermassive View Post
It's funny, I've been trying not to drive my car for a while now in an effort to keep the mileage down, but I keep taking it out on the weekends and playing. It's always fun pulling up to the Chevy dealership I'm buying my Vette from and all the sales guys come out to ask about my FR-S.

I know it's frowned upon on this site to give up on the car but time marches on, and it's been almost two years so I need a new toy...and I hate to say it but the Corvette Stingray is on a whole different level than the FR-S. That said, the addition of a turbo kit is definitely a must do mod. Anything between 260-300WHP is all you need for this car, anything more is more for bragging rights than anything, unless you drive around town on drag radials. If i could have done anything at all different with this car, i would have opted for the wastegate exhaust to be routed back into the exhaust as it is honestly a little too loud sometimes...although ripping it through a tunnel is one of the most amazing sounds ever to come out of a boxer 4. It's also fun startling straight pipe harley riders when i pass them because the exhaust is louder than theirs

P&L's system was pretty much perfect when i bought it, everything fit perfect, looked like pure quality parts, and has worked flawlessly so far. The only issue i ran into with my kit was the oil line from the engine to the turbo was rubbing on the intake tube going into the throttle body. This wouldn't be so much of an issue but braided stainless steel rubbing against aluminum for 10,000ish miles actually left a nice little gash in the intake tube. Luckily I caught it before it went through and remedied the issue by wrapping the oil line in zip ties. Probably the best solution would be to wrap the oil line in a rubber hose just in case.
I hear you on all that. We turboed our cars at nearly the same time. I put over 15,000 miles on mine, and I loved every minute. I think 300 whp is definitely the sweat spot. Good luck in selling it and getting a C7. Sucks that they raised the prices and the dealers treat them like they are gold mines now. I haven't been able to get a test drive in one yet. I would hold off a year and keep enjoying the FR-S till you can get a C7 for a great deal.

Seems weird that there wouldn't be any adjustability in the oil line to move it away from the elbow.
Old 03-18-2014, 04:36 PM   #19
Supermassive

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Whiteout
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Tut View Post
I hear you on all that. We turboed our cars at nearly the same time. I put over 15,000 miles on mine, and I loved every minute. I think 300 whp is definitely the sweat spot. Good luck in selling it and getting a C7. Sucks that they raised the prices and the dealers treat them like they are gold mines now. I haven't been able to get a test drive in one yet. I would hold off a year and keep enjoying the FR-S till you can get a C7 for a great deal.

Seems weird that there wouldn't be any adjustability in the oil line to move it away from the elbow.
The oil line is not the most flexible thing in the world the way it routes to the turbo pretty much forced my hand in locating it the way i did. Honestly a rubber hose over the line would completely negate the issue.

As for keeping the FR-S, I'd like to sell it while it's still relatively low miles and to save the money from not making monthly payments to put towards the Vette. Getting a vette is a sinch, I plan on ordering mine through an online retailer at MSRP with courtesy delivery. I'm holding out until the 2015 MY due to the price increase and the possibility of getting the new Yellow that was shown on the Z06 reveal car. Either way, I wont be seeing my Corvette until probably September-October.
Supermassive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 04:54 PM   #20
King Tut
NASA SpecE30 Racer

Drives: 2006 Honda S2000
Thanked 5,759 Times in 3,055 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
Tagged: 10 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to King Tut
Quote:
Getting a vette is a sinch, I plan on ordering mine through an online retailer at MSRP with courtesy delivery. I'm holding out until the 2015 MY due to the price increase and the possibility of getting the new Yellow that was shown on the Z06 reveal car. Either way, I wont be seeing my Corvette until probably September-October.
Good idea. Z51 package I assume.
Old 03-18-2014, 05:04 PM   #21
Supermassive

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Whiteout
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Garage
Arctic White, Z51, 3LT, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust, Black wheels, red calipers, Exposed CF roof, CF interior, Comp seats, Carbon Flash mirrors and spoiler, etc. basically full bells and whistles...oh yeah red Napa leather interior!

I already have my eyes on headers, intake, cam and tune, with a goal of 500RWHP all motor.
Supermassive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 07:17 PM   #22
Sonolin
Banned

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Arctic White, Z51, 3LT, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust, Black wheels, red calipers, Exposed CF roof, CF interior, Comp seats, Carbon Flash mirrors and spoiler, etc. basically full bells and whistles...oh yeah red Napa leather interior!

I already have my eyes on headers, intake, cam and tune, with a goal of 500RWHP all motor.
So jealous

I'm not mad your selling you're car anymore, good choice lol
Sonolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 07:24 PM   #23
SmsAlSuwaidi
Boosted

Drives: Not a supra....yet
Thanked 1,203 Times in 812 Posts
Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:

Eyeing the z06 even though i dislike two things
The way it looks from the back
Having a supercharger on (throw it off and add twin ts down the road)

Sent from my IBrick
SmsAlSuwaidi is offline   Reply With Quote