follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack Specific topics relating to wheels and tires.

User Tag List

Old 10-25-2019, 06:39 PM   #15
NWFRS

Drives: ‘13 FRS
Thanked 1,502 Times in 634 Posts
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Yeah twenty years ago "reps" meant low quality cast. These days it seems like the top of the field and the bottom of the field are a lot closer together than they were twenty years ago. More often than not they're coming out of the same factories anyway. I mean what even is a "rep" anymore? Seems to me it's just out-dated derogatory slang. But what do I know....rollin' on my cheap'ass Konigs....
NWFRS is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NWFRS For This Useful Post:
Will BRZ (10-25-2019)
Old 10-25-2019, 09:37 PM   #16
Shizuka

Drives: 2018 BRZ PP (Modified)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecreamtruk View Post
I dont get the "reps" that people throw at ESR wheels. Do people even know that they make cast, flowformed and forged wheels? Im sure that cast wheels are going to be just that, cast wheels. But the company itself is not selling 25lbs rollers made in a chinese sweat factory at 25c per wheel costs...
Yeah I get that, but there's no doubt the ones in the OP are copies of Work Emotion Kiwamis. The reason they're "reps" is because its an exact copy of someone else's design (& sold at a lower price point). I mean replica literally means a copy of something...

I'm sure the wheels are good quality but they're still mostly going to be defined as rep wheels because a lot of their designs are pulled from brands that are legendary/household names.
Shizuka is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shizuka For This Useful Post:
socalfrsguy (06-14-2020), Will BRZ (10-25-2019)
Old 10-25-2019, 09:39 PM   #17
Will BRZ
Damn that's crazy...

Drives: 2015 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I know there are people in '02 Civics running Works that are probably worth twice as much as their car and people running XXRs on some pretty expensive cars. Nothing wrong with either one. As long as you're not putting yourself in a shitty financial situation, you do you. Just don't be a bitch about it online.
Will BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Will BRZ For This Useful Post:
NWFRS (10-25-2019), scotto79 (10-26-2019)