follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 02-05-2013, 09:26 PM   #113

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Manual in Whiteout
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Here is the part number for leather/alcantara seat covers listed on this page http://toyota.jp/service/option/dc/w...001&kind_cd=02 08215-18020-C0.
1010110 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 1010110 For This Useful Post:
Saber_TRD (02-08-2013)
Old 02-08-2013, 04:13 PM   #114
Saber_TRD

Drives: '09 Cobalt SS Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Money View Post
The Exhaust bolt That has a spring on... The one that conncet to the cat is Part Number
SU003-01115
I snapped my in half tiggtening it to tightt. guess im to strong lol
So it's a part that's already on the car? As in one that isn't needed to do the conversion since it's already there, normally?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1010110 View Post
Here is the part number for leather/alcantara seat covers listed on this page http://toyota.jp/service/option/dc/w...001&kind_cd=02 08215-18020-C0.
Those are the covers, not the actual heated leather seats. I slot that under my description of a "half assed" conversion. I'll add the number below the accessories link in my main post though. Still not the actual seats, sadly.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:11 PM   #115
Chaetagnath

Drives: Whiteout FRS
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
To put those on our seats you would need to remove the existing upholstery first, then put these on? Would you need to sew them or do they just unzip? Or take them to an upholstery place? Sorry, I dont know much about seats.
Chaetagnath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:22 PM   #116
DanoFA20
Shift Down

Drives: Toyota 86, Mazda RX7 RaceCar (FC3S)
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Garage
i think everyone cares too much and mostly a lot of the extra accessories just add too much weight.
who cares about red interior? im more worried about how the car drives rather than some red color i think the FRS was made good except the fact we dont get a wing or the headlights other than that i could honestly care less.
throw a few toyota badges and the gt86 logo on it put a wing on it and the head lamps and i think it would be perfect. extra weight means slower in the corners :-P

but OP very well made thread for the people who wish to convert parts to make it almost identical. so thumbs up sir.
DanoFA20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:49 PM   #117
dreamerl007

Drives: Toyota Corolla
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I really didnt know where to post this question, so I figured this was the best place, but for the US market, is the BRZ limited currently the closest thing we have to the JDM GT86 Limited?
dreamerl007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:20 PM   #118
chanomatik
Snow Don't Hurt!

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited 6MT CBS
Thanked 1,497 Times in 902 Posts
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamerl007 View Post
I really didnt know where to post this question, so I figured this was the best place, but for the US market, is the BRZ limited currently the closest thing we have to the JDM GT86 Limited?
Yes. GT-86 has lots of other bits, like red pieces and nicer seat options, but otherwise they're very close.
chanomatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:42 AM   #119
Saber_TRD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanoFA20 View Post
i think everyone cares too much and mostly a lot of the extra accessories just add too much weight.
who cares about red interior? im more worried about how the car drives rather than some red color i think the FRS was made good except the fact we dont get a wing or the headlights other than that i could honestly care less.
throw a few toyota badges and the gt86 logo on it put a wing on it and the head lamps and i think it would be perfect. extra weight means slower in the corners :-P

but OP very well made thread for the people who wish to convert parts to make it almost identical. so thumbs up sir.
They actually don't add much weight, the Toyota at most is only 60lbs more:
1,190–1,298 kg (2,624–2,862 lb) (Toyota 86)
1,251–1,273 kg (2,758–2,806 lb) (Scion FR-S)

It's really not a big deal. Remember also, Toyota designed and tested the car as the Limited.

We didn't just miss out on accessories though, we lost out on better brakes, the under car covers which reduce the coefficient of drag. I don't remember where the post was but someone had posted it makes a notable difference in fuel mileage and times. Not to mention the creature comforts, such as heated seats and dual climate control comes in very handy when you live where I do and see -40 multiple times a year.

Glad you found the post informative though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamerl007 View Post
As chanomatik said, yes, it's the closest thing we have to the JDM GT86 Limited. It's still a ways off though. It's missing the knee pads, the seat options as chanomatik mentioned, the under car covers as I mentioned above, the brake upgrade option, a few nick nacks here and there. The biggest difference is the suspension. The BRZ was tuned to understeer more where the Toyota was tuned to neutral. BRZ has a couple extra speakers too if I recall.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:20 PM   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaetagnath View Post
To put those on our seats you would need to remove the existing upholstery first, then put these on? Would you need to sew them or do they just unzip? Or take them to an upholstery place? Sorry, I dont know much about seats.
You don't have to remove anything to install these. They are just covers. I installed them last night and it was very easy to do.

Old 02-12-2013, 12:28 PM   #121
chanomatik
Snow Don't Hurt!

I'm looking for the GT-86 black leather, red-center seat covers. I see they were referenced in OP, but I must have missed any link to where they can be purchased?

I already have the knee pads and door panels from the GT-86 on the way. Looking to get the steering wheel, e-brake and shift knob. Also the rear seats center leather cover is nice.

From the base GT-86 there are black parts that I might try my darnedest to paint-match red, like the door handle cover (typically silver), door levers (typically chrome), circular vents (typically silver), and center console trims. The GT-86 Limited seats would be the final interior touch.

Then an FR-S front bumper would be all I needed exterior-wise.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:29 PM   #122
Chaetagnath

Drives: Whiteout FRS
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
You don't have to remove anything to install these. They are just covers. I installed them last night and it was very easy to do.

Wow those look really nice. Are there back seat covers too?
Chaetagnath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:35 PM   #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaetagnath View Post
Wow those look really nice. Are there back seat covers too?
I wasn't able to find any matching rear seat covers.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:40 PM   #124
Saber_TRD

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanomatik View Post
I'm looking for the GT-86 black leather, red-center seat covers. I see they were referenced in OP, but I must have missed any link to where they can be purchased?

I already have the knee pads and door panels from the GT-86 on the way. Looking to get the steering wheel, e-brake and shift knob. Also the rear seats center leather cover is nice.

From the base GT-86 there are black parts that I might try my darnedest to paint-match red, like the door handle cover (typically silver), door levers (typically chrome), circular vents (typically silver), and center console trims. The GT-86 Limited seats would be the final interior touch.

Then an FR-S front bumper would be all I needed exterior-wise.
Those red-center seat covers are actually full seats, not covers. They're leather and alcantara, they are the heated seats I referred to. When I was looking for the parts I never did find someone selling those seats.

Someone was selling the steering wheel, e-brake, and shift knob in this forums marketplace section. Not sure if he's still there though.

Would like to see pics when you get the conversion done.

Edit: I see other talk about the rear seats, if you meant those, they're not heated lol I don't think there's a cover for those either.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:47 PM   #125
chanomatik
Snow Don't Hurt!

Man, I was REALLY hoping you weren't going to say they were the full seats. I was being hopeful, though I suspected they were the same as the BRZ Limited seats. For $3k you can get a pair of GT-86 TRD seats:

I can't imagine swapping to GT-86 Limited seats would be that much cheaper.

I've also contemplated have the Alcantara replaced with red Alcantara in my BRZ. Seems cheaper to just un-thread, cut the fabric to size and re-thread. Voila! Red-center Alcantara and dark leather seats! Sounds like an okay idea?

And I'll definitely share pics of my GT-86 parts. They JUST shipped today. I just got the notice from nigel-jdmparts.com. I think red handles (outter) and black handles (inner design) are next. You can order the black parts from your local Toyota dealer.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:55 PM   #126
Saber_TRD

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanomatik View Post
Man, I was REALLY hoping you weren't going to say they were the full seats. I was being hopeful, though I suspected they were the same as the BRZ Limited seats. For $3k you can get a pair of GT-86 TRD seats:

I can't imagine swapping to GT-86 Limited seats would be that much cheaper.

I've also contemplated have the Alcantara replaced with red Alcantara in my BRZ. Seems cheaper to just un-thread, cut the fabric to size and re-thread. Voila! Red-center Alcantara and dark leather seats! Sounds like an okay idea?

And I'll definitely share pics of my GT-86 parts. They JUST shipped today. I just got the notice from nigel-jdmparts.com. I think red handles (outter) and black handles (inner design) are next. You can order the black parts from your local Toyota dealer.
There was a shop, again on this forum, who speculated the seats would be around 2-2.5k each. I didn't see them ever put the seats up as available to be ordered though. I believe it was nigel who I saw had the other parts you mentioned. Think he mentioned the seats too, I could be wrong though, it was a while ago.

You might get away with the un-thread and replace, although I don't know enough about that process or the materials (alcantara) to know how workable that is. I suppose if you got a good upholster it should be fine.

Tags
conversion, fr-s, gt86, options, toyota