follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 05-12-2013, 12:21 PM   #43
kioton32

Drives: 14' Monogram FRS, ulramarine, white
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
They actually make a brake cooling duct that will go in there but you will be losing your foglights.
Old 05-12-2013, 02:56 PM   #44
PoWn3d_0704

Drives: 1990 BNR32 GTR
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximania View Post
Yeah, I'm not sure, but I bet you could just order the parts from Japan. I know they have magazines with catalogs for all the BRZ/GT 86 parts. No scion parts, but I don't think that's makes a difference to anyone.

It's harder to swap all the BRZ parts into a FR-S than vice versa, which is why so many people want to do this, but if the headlights and fogs are the only thing you care about, you should go for the FR-S for sure. There are more threads about doing this than there are of swapping a BRZ bumper with an FR-S.

Check this thread out for a lead on some GT 86/BRZ parts
You know, it's funny because since that post and after doing yet more research, I think the BRZ is a better deal in the long run. Heated seats just sound fantastic.
PoWn3d_0704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 07:07 PM   #45
rhood168

Drives: Black Subaru Brz Limited
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kioton32 View Post
They actually make a brake cooling duct that will go in there but you will be losing your foglights.
Can't I just fit them in the frs fogs or order some legacy h11 glass housing they fit and use the harness that's already there. They're plenty of people who have done this on the forums with no wiring for fogs so this idea shouldn't be to rough.How hard can it actually be.
rhood168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 05:25 AM   #46
kioton32

Drives: 14' Monogram FRS, ulramarine, white
The BRZ foglights have a different housing to hold them in then the GT86... The 86 foglight kit is around $300. I believe you would need to purchase that kit to keep your foglights. It's all because the shape is different and the mounting points are different... Hope this helps and I can't wait to see it done. GLWB.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:36 AM   #47
ML

Drives: 13 White MT FR-S
Thanked 1,130 Times in 522 Posts
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Garage
Ill trade my FRS bumper for someones BRZ bumper, but you we have to trade headlights too.

Build Thread https://www.instagram.com/mount_tele_lion/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Symbiont View Post
I swear I will punch your car if you put these on. Right in the face.
ML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 11:19 PM   #48
rhood168

Drives: Black Subaru Brz Limited
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kioton32 View Post
The BRZ foglights have a different housing to hold them in then the GT86... The 86 foglight kit is around $300. I believe you would need to purchase that kit to keep your foglights. It's all because the shape is different and the mounting points are different... Hope this helps and I can't wait to see it done. GLWB.
Yeah thx i plan to use these Legacy outback housing seems to fit perfect
So
http://www.subarupartsforyou.com/cp_...p?partid=19073
+
http://www.nigel-jdmparts.com/toyota...g-light-bezels
+
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Headlight-Connector-Socket-Harness-Moisture/dp/B002MVNM8W/"]H11 Headlight Plug (Connector or Socket) Harness with USA made 16 GAUGE Wires and Moisture Seals : Amazon.com : Automotive[/ame]
or [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Ceramic-Extension-Connector-Retrofit-Headlight/dp/B00AQB8XB6/ref=pd_sim_sbs_auto_6"]Amazon.com: 2x H11 H8 Plug And Play Never Melt Ceramic Wiring Harness Extension Socket Connector Retrofit Adapter Kit For Headlight Or Foglamp Bulbs: Car Electronics[/ame]
if needed

I need need to play with the turn signal housing and wires see if i can. If not just sticking bulbs in there as well. This seems legit
rhood168 is offline   Reply With Quote