follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 11-09-2016, 05:04 AM   #71
steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
yep some cars run rich on the oft tunes, do the opeb loop maf scaling and get commanded and actual afr correct.

if you were running in low 11 on the e85 tune just getting the afr back to low 12 will net you quite a few hp
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 12:14 PM   #72
2k17.86

Drives: 2017 Toyota 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Oft is horrible. You're not going to get real power from this tablet. On stage 2 on 91 i only pulled 171 on 3 pulls on the dyno. Think about it guys!! How is a little tablet going to give you increase of horse power even With bolt ons??? The tune lets your computer know you have after market parts and lets it run better without your check engine light on. With the wrong cat back youll end up losing low end torque, you lose the back pressure which gives u torque for low end daily. A buddy with legit bolt ons and e85 tune is only pulling 211 whp. I'm done with the bolt ones, the only way to get good power is forced induction. Don't believe all the oft garbage, they never pick up, they take forever to email back, and service is horrible. Messing with your ecu alone is very risky! Why do you think everyone is selling their OFT? Do yourself a favor, don't believe all the oft hype posted by the oft guys themselves. Go to a REAL TUNER.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
2k17.86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 12:31 PM   #73
Detroiter

Drives: 2014 Scion FR-S Monogram
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k17.86 View Post
Oft is horrible. You're not going to get real power from this tablet. On stage 2 on 91 i only pulled 171 on 3 pulls on the dyno. Think about it guys!! How is a little tablet going to give you increase of horse power even With bolt ons??? The tune lets your computer know you have after market parts and lets it run better without your check engine light on. With the wrong cat back youll end up losing low end torque, you lose the back pressure which gives u torque for low end daily. A buddy with legit bolt ons and e85 tune is only pulling 211 whp. I'm done with the bolt ones, the only way to get good power is forced induction. Don't believe all the oft garbage, they never pick up, they take forever to email back, and service is horrible. Messing with your ecu alone is very risky! Why do you think everyone is selling their OFT? Do yourself a favor, don't believe all the oft hype posted by the oft guys themselves. Go to a REAL TUNER.

Don't spread false information.

First, the OFT is a flashing and logging tool. It IS the same thing as a ecutek dongle essentially. Do the of the shelf tunes make the same power as a custom dyno tune? No. Does it let you get a high percentage of the power for cheaper and easier? Yes. It is 100% possible to get a custom tune done on the OFT and it will perform the same a comparable tune done on ecutek. The main benefit of ecutek is it is used by most custom tuners for our car.

Second, how do you think getting 211 whp with bolt ons and e85 is low? That is a ideal power increase from only simple bolt ons for a NA car. Of course FI will net you bigger power gains that has always been understood on any car ever. It will also cost you a shit ton of money.

Third, the OFT is the best mod for the money on our cars and no amount of extra few HP made with a ecutek tune will change that. At nearly double the price it just simply isn't worth it to most people until you go with FI.
Detroiter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Detroiter For This Useful Post:
D_Thissen (08-02-2017), Qadthane (08-02-2017)
Old 08-02-2017, 12:46 PM   #74
2k17.86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroiter View Post
Don't spread false information.

First, the OFT is a flashing and logging tool. It IS the same thing as a ecutek dongle essentially. Do the of the shelf tunes make the same power as a custom dyno tune? No. Does it let you get a high percentage of the power for cheaper and easier? Yes. It is 100% possible to get a custom tune done on the OFT and it will perform the same a comparable tune done on ecutek. The main benefit of ecutek is it is used by most custom tuners for our car.

Second, how do you think getting 211 whp with bolt ons and e85 is low? That is a ideal power increase from only simple bolt ons for a NA car. Of course FI will net you bigger power gains that has always been understood on any car ever. It will also cost you a shit ton of money.

Third, the OFT is the best mod for the money on our cars and no amount of extra few HP made with a ecutek tune will change that. At nearly double the price it just simply isn't worth it to most people until you go with FI.
Na its not false bro, you're reposting a chart from OFT. Lmfao yup OFT is gonna give you 20 hp. Yup believe it lol . here's a real chart on a legit dyno. 171 on stage 2 OFT. you probably work for oft that's why you're reposting a chart from their site. Like I said why do you thibk everyone is selling their OFT? Shit don't give you power. Its a no brainer. Its all in their head untill they really dyno their car.

Old 08-02-2017, 01:42 PM   #75
phrosty

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
@2k17.86 a dyno sheet is only useful as a relative measure, not an absolute one. Your picture means nothing good or bad. Do you have something meaningful that we could help you with?
2013 Whiteout 6AT FR-S | Perrin Inlet Tube + 2.75" CAI | OpenFlash Header | P&L Catback | 4.88 Final Drive | Dialed in OFT 2.0x Stage 2 E85 | 18x8 Enkei Raijin + 225/40 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | 17x7 Stock + 215/45 Michelin X-Ice Xi-2
phrosty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to phrosty For This Useful Post:
Detroiter (08-02-2017)
Old 08-02-2017, 01:51 PM   #76
2k17.86

Quote:
Originally Posted by phrosty View Post
@2k17.86 a dyno sheet is only useful as a relative measure, not an absolute one. Your picture means nothing good or bad. Do you have something meaningful that we could help you with?
Few buddies with 2017 models told me theyre receiving bugs from oft. On OFT web site it says available for 2017 but there are no official tunes for it yet. That's false advertisment. In conclusion its not worth it, there's no real power gainz from oft unless you do e85 and that's not even that much power. I know a lot of guys in the 86 community and it is what it is. From a little tablet that you hook into your car port doesn't give you power. It just lets your computer know you have after market parts, turns off the check engine light, and makes it run little bit better . I've talked to actual tuners and when they hear OFT, they consider it a joke and can't believe people spend their money on it. Feeling like they're tuned. Lol . like i said, why do you think everyone's selling their OFT?

Old 08-02-2017, 01:58 PM   #77
Kodename47

Drives: UK GT86
Thanked 1,629 Times in 1,112 Posts
Mentioned: 155 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by phrosty View Post
It's his 3rd post....

However I can sympathize that he feels that the guys at OFT feel unresponsive, especially if they aren't actively involved in the forum. In fact if someone had just stumbled onto the OFT without being on here you'd probably be really unhappy with the customer service.

As for the power chart, without a stock baseline power run it's of little use and the torque curve doens't look to bad.

Kodename 47 DJ:
Soundcloud / Instagram / Facebook
Kodename47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 02:00 PM   #78
2k17.86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodename47 View Post
It's his 3rd post....

However I can sympathize that he feels that the guys at OFT feel unresponsive, especially if they aren't actively involved in the forum. In fact if someone had just stumbled onto the OFT without being on here you'd probably be really unhappy with the customer service.

As for the power chart, without a stock baseline power run it's of little use and the torque curve doens't look to bad.
Torque curve doesn't look bad thanks to me +5 horsepower and shorter gears in my 2017 lol . anyways OFT your car guys. Lol get mad gainz from it 😂

Old 08-02-2017, 02:18 PM   #79
Detroiter

Drives: 2014 Scion FR-S Monogram
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Torque curve doesn't look bad thanks to me +5 horsepower and shorter gears in my 2017 lol . anyways OFT your car guys. Lol get mad gainz from it 😂

Either you are a troll that should be removed from the forum, or you are just uneducated on the matter but refuse to learn from people who know more.

The changes to the 2017 cars does not give a torque curve that looks like the chart you posted. The reason he said the torque curve doesn't bad is that it is relatively flat. There is normally a massive dip in the middle of the power band. Also OFT does not support 2017 officially as of right now. Probably why you're hearing about issues with it. Yes they take forever to respond, yes they do not have the best customer support. But the truth of the matter is if you have a 2013-2016 car using their tunes will do wonders for drivability and feel of the car.
Detroiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 02:34 PM   #80
2k17.86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroiter View Post
Either you are a troll that should be removed from the forum, or you are just uneducated on the matter but refuse to learn from people who know more.

The changes to the 2017 cars does not give a torque curve that looks like the chart you posted. The reason he said the torque curve doesn't bad is that it is relatively flat. There is normally a massive dip in the middle of the power band. Also OFT does not support 2017 officially as of right now. Probably why you're hearing about issues with it. Yes they take forever to respond, yes they do not have the best customer support. But the truth of the matter is if you have a 2013-2016 car using their tunes will do wonders for drivability and feel of the car.
I'm not a troll I'm just speaking the truth. if you guys think simple bolt-ons plus the oft tablet is going to give you increase horsepower then go ahead believe it. With simple bolt ons and oft you're not going to get increase power. the power you're getting is coming from the header. If you choose the wrong cat back you're going to end up losing low-end torque because you lost a back pressure. I was told that from the owner from Auto-Tuned and they specialize in the 86. Just really think about it . everyone goes through the bolt on FaZe where they think bolt ons are going to give them power which it doesn't really give you power at all even with the oft tablet added on to it. it's not going to give you power unless you run E85 and that's just barely any power more. Coming to a conclusion if you guys want Power .go Force induction don't waste 500 bucks on the oft tablet and simple bolt ons thinking you're going to get increased 20 horsepower when you're not going to even get those numbers. I haven't cursed or disrespected anyone I'm just speaking my opinion and the truth with my experience with the oft tablet and others experience. Don't get butthurt now because I'm telling the truth about oft.

Old 08-02-2017, 03:08 PM   #81
Kodename47

Drives: UK GT86
Thanked 1,629 Times in 1,112 Posts
Mentioned: 155 Post(s)
Quote:
I'm not a troll I'm just speaking the truth. if you guys think simple bolt-ons plus the oft tablet is going to give you increase horsepower then go ahead believe it. With simple bolt ons and oft you're not going to get increase power. the power you're getting is coming from the header. If you choose the wrong cat back you're going to end up losing low-end torque because you lost a back pressure. I was told that from the owner from Auto-Tuned and they specialize in the 86. Just really think about it . everyone goes through the bolt on FaZe where they think bolt ons are going to give them power which it doesn't really give you power at all even with the oft tablet added on to it. it's not going to give you power unless you run E85 and that's just barely any power more. Coming to a conclusion if you guys want Power .go Force induction don't waste 500 bucks on the oft tablet and simple bolt ons thinking you're going to get increased 20 horsepower when you're not going to even get those numbers. I haven't cursed or disrespected anyone I'm just speaking my opinion and the truth with my experience with the oft tablet and others experience. Don't get butthurt now because I'm telling the truth about oft.
You clearly expected more from this then, it just comes across as someone who didn't see the dyno number they are expecting. Yes, FI is the easy way to make more power however there are simple gains to be had from any tuning device, OFT is no different to EcuTek in this regards. It's also known that due to the better tune from the factory the MY17 won't gain as much (figures seem similar to pre-facelift) and this is due to the VE of the engine. Yes a manifold helps but you need a tune suited for it to make the most of the change in VE. For full bolt-ons on pump fuel you could expect a maximum of ~25bhp gain on a MY13, that will be 15-20bhp on a MY17. Again, this is common knowledge and this will depend on mileage and whether you have a "good" engine or "weak" engine.

Whether it's worth it is subjective. I had a tune on a stock car with a panel filter and made +10bhp. It made the car feel better to drive, not just at WOT. This was not an OFT tune, but I don't see why that's any different. You can customise a tune for the OFT, so the end results could be the same.

Case in point, here are what Cosworth expect (1.0 - Stock+Tune, 1.1 - Catback, 1.3 - Manifold + Full Exhaust)

Kodename 47 DJ:
Soundcloud / Instagram / Facebook
Kodename47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 03:09 PM   #82
JermMX5

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I think he's less a troll, and more a non understanding individual.

Why would you only dyno the OFT tune and not a stock baseline? You're yelling that 171 is nothing, but we have no clue what the stock car would put down on that dyno. Dynos mean next to nothing without some sort of baseline.
Old 08-02-2017, 03:11 PM   #83
2k17.86

Quote:
Originally Posted by JermMX5 View Post
I think he's less a troll, and more a non understanding individual.

Why would you only dyno the OFT tune and not a stock baseline? You're yelling that 171 is nothing, but we have no clue what the stock car would put down on that dyno. Dynos mean next to nothing without some sort of baseline.
I've compared many baseline tunes on stock frs, stock brz and the new Toyota 86. With oft tune Stage 2 on 91, woth uel headers and cat back i only got 171. No need for a baseline dyno bro. The numbers show itself. Lol. Anyways y'all have a good day and yall real tuners with that OFT. 😂😂

Old 08-02-2017, 03:14 PM   #84
JermMX5

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
I've compared many baseline tunes on stock frs, stock brz and the new Toyota 86. With oft tune Stage 2 on 91, woth uel headers and cat back i only got 171. No need for a baseline dyno bro. The numbers show itself. Lol. Anyways y'all have a good day and yall real tuners with that OFT. 😂😂

Once again I think you're misunderstanding. I'm talking about a baseline on that exact dyno.