follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List
go_a_way1

Old 01-06-2015, 01:52 PM   #8149
Sojhinn
Lightning McQueen Driver

Drives: Limited Red 6MT BRZ
Thanked 1,167 Times in 644 Posts
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by robwbright View Post
Thanks! Basically the same price on Odyssey's website and includes L adapters... but if I don't need them, then...
There are coupons for batterymart take a look around. I believe one is tpac.

Installed Mods:
Phantom Electric Super Charger | Open Flash Tune | Perrin OP/ HFC Front pipe | Invidia Q300 catback | ST Suspension | JDL Header | Flex Fuel
Sojhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 02:29 PM   #8150
robwbright

Drives: '13 BRZ Limited WRB Phantom ESC 1.5
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojhinn View Post
There are coupons for batterymart take a look around. I believe one is tpac.
Thanks! That's 10% off.
1997 Honda Accord Coupe
1995 Honda Prelude VTEC
robwbright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 04:25 PM   #8151
WNDSRFR

Drives: FR-S,GTI
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
I finished the install of the new kit. Everything went well. It was easier than the first time around. I definitely remembered to secure the wire harness as not to contact the header. Didn't do that the first time and got burned for it.
The only PITA I encountered was with the batteries. And it had nothing to do with Rob's design it was Toyota.

Rob tried to convince me to go with the new battery option but it's hard for me to abandon something I know works for the unknown. He said the new starter battery is better especially in the cold. And the new dump batteries don't require a warm up. But I live in Florida. I don't have the same challenges you folks in the frozen north face.

I should have listened to Rob. Instead I got a new set of 1.5 dump batteries. I still have the original Powersonic battery. It's about a year old and still works fine. (It'll probably die tomorrow) Even if the new batteries aren't as good as the old ones I would still get the new ones because there is such a potential for disaster working with the 1.5 setup. I work around high voltage all the time but the worst shock I ever got was from a car battery. I was connecting up an aerator pump to my car battery when I was covered in salt water standing in a puddle barefooted. It about gave me a heart attack. So I have the utmost respect for the current capacity of a car battery. But many do not. So the new setup is much simpler with a lot less potential for error. It will save a lot of grief for the new owners.

So back to the PITA. It was with the Toyota J bolts they use to hold down the battery. I would load the batteries, put on the J bolt, bolt would drop, remove the batteries, retrieve the bolts, load the batteries, rinse and repeat, repeat, repeat. The only other problem I had was removing the old engagement switch and meter. I have no idea how I got them through the center console in the first place. Finally I just cut them off and the new ones just slide through because of the quick disconnects. And the integrated fuse is so easy compared to the old harness where I had to do the relay mod.

I haven't adjusted the two stage switch yet because I stupidly left my OFT at work. I just bolted the switch into place in the default position so that it engages the second click at about full throttle. I'll adjust it tomorrow. But I'm a little confused as to how to adjust it. I thought that the small screw was there to adjust the set point of the first click in relation to the second. But Fenton says that's to adjust the percentage of boost. Are you sure about that? If I adjust the first click by bending the mount then the second is fixed in relation to the first? That just doesn't seem right.
WNDSRFR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WNDSRFR For This Useful Post:
raven1231 (01-07-2015)
Old 01-06-2015, 04:29 PM   #8152
Sojhinn
Lightning McQueen Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNDSRFR View Post
I finished the install of the new kit. Everything went well. It was easier than the first time around. I definitely remembered to secure the wire harness as not to contact the header. Didn't do that the first time and got burned for it.
The only PITA I encountered was with the batteries. And it had nothing to do with Rob's design it was Toyota.

Rob tried to convince me to go with the new battery option but it's hard for me to abandon something I know works for the unknown. He said the new starter battery is better especially in the cold. And the new dump batteries don't require a warm up. But I live in Florida. I don't have the same challenges you folks in the frozen north face.

I should have listened to Rob. Instead I got a new set of 1.5 dump batteries. I still have the original Powersonic battery. It's about a year old and still works fine. (It'll probably die tomorrow) Even if the new batteries aren't as good as the old ones I would still get the new ones because there is such a potential for disaster working with the 1.5 setup. I work around high voltage all the time but the worst shock I ever got was from a car battery. I was connecting up an aerator pump to my car battery when I was covered in salt water standing in a puddle barefooted. It about gave me a heart attack. So I have the utmost respect for the current capacity of a car battery. But many do not. So the new setup is much simpler with a lot less potential for error. It will save a lot of grief for the new owners.

So back to the PITA. It was with the Toyota J bolts they use to hold down the battery. I would load the batteries, put on the J bolt, bolt would drop, remove the batteries, retrieve the bolts, load the batteries, rinse and repeat, repeat, repeat. The only other problem I had was removing the old engagement switch and meter. I have no idea how I got them through the center console in the first place. Finally I just cut them off and the new ones just slide through because of the quick disconnects. And the integrated fuse is so easy compared to the old harness where I had to do the relay mod.

I haven't adjusted the two stage switch yet because I stupidly left my OFT at work. I just bolted the switch into place in the default position so that it engages the second click at about full throttle. I'll adjust it tomorrow. But I'm a little confused as to how to adjust it. I thought that the small screw was there to adjust the set point of the first click in relation to the second. But Fenton says that's to adjust the percentage of boost. Are you sure about that? If I adjust the first click by bending the mount then the second is fixed in relation to the first? That just doesn't seem right.

If you watch the install video it shows it but to you want to pull on the trigger towards you a little bit to adjust the activation point.

Installed Mods:
Phantom Electric Super Charger | Open Flash Tune | Perrin OP/ HFC Front pipe | Invidia Q300 catback | ST Suspension | JDL Header | Flex Fuel
Old 01-06-2015, 05:19 PM   #8153
TM

Drives: DGM BRZ 6MT
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by robwbright View Post
This is an interesting idea... a jump start pack the size of a large cell phone:

http://junopower.com/collections/aut...e-jump-starter
Hmm, I wonder how well that works.

Darn, should've remove my ESC kit and send it back to Rob for upgrades before I stored my car so that when I come back, it'll be ready for me to install immediately. Oh well..
Old 01-07-2015, 01:09 AM   #8154
DAEMANO
Time Traveller

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS - Raven
Thanked 3,416 Times in 1,677 Posts
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Garage
Thanks @Robftss for the stunning upgrade (can't wait to get my upgrade kit) and thanks @yospeed for helping me represent to the fullest with the custom billet console plaque.

DAEMANO is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DAEMANO For This Useful Post:
raven1231 (01-07-2015), Sojhinn (01-07-2015), yospeed (01-13-2015)
Old 01-07-2015, 01:09 AM   #8155
Sojhinn
Lightning McQueen Driver

Full throttle Electric Supercharger Build Thread

Holy shit me wants

Installed Mods:
The Following User Says Thank You to Sojhinn For This Useful Post:
DAEMANO (01-07-2015)
Old 01-07-2015, 01:35 AM   #8156
DAEMANO
Time Traveller

Garage
Quote:
Holy shit me wants
Not sure if Yospeed is doing any more custom orders as he said this December batch was the last until he gets custom production more streamlined. Its worth asking though. On a related note, I'm making a matching license plate frame for myself if you're interested LMK. It'll be on me for all the hard video work man.
Old 01-07-2015, 01:36 AM   #8157
Sojhinn
Lightning McQueen Driver

Full throttle Electric Supercharger Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAEMANO View Post
Not sure if Yospeed is doing any more custom orders as he said this December batch was the last until he gets custom production more streamlined. Its worth asking though. On a related note, I'm making a matching license plate frame for myself if you're interested LMK. It'll be on me for all the hard video work man.

Hell yes. Where does the emblem go? Can it be BRZ?

Installed Mods:
Old 01-07-2015, 01:40 AM   #8158
jflogerzi

Drives: 2013 Series 10 6MT FR-S
Thanked 2,013 Times in 1,457 Posts
Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
No unless you have the premium. These go where the heated seat switches are. FRS has a completely blank space.
jflogerzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 01:43 AM   #8159
Sojhinn
Lightning McQueen Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by jflogerzi View Post
No unless you have the premium. These go where the heated seat switches are. FRS has a completely blank space.

Damn.... Nope I'm limited.

Installed Mods:
Old 01-07-2015, 01:45 AM   #8160
DAEMANO
Time Traveller

Garage
Quote:
If you're talking about the license plate frame, then yes, the one I'm making can absolutely be BRZ. The emblem can go in either the bottom or top. You choose.

If you're talking about a console plaque, Yospeed makes one for the BRZ heated seats as well that can be customized, but like I mentioned, I'm not sure if he's going to be doing custom orders again soon. Example...
Old 01-07-2015, 01:48 AM   #8161
Sojhinn
Lightning McQueen Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAEMANO View Post
If you're talking about the license plate frame, then yes, the one I'm making can absolutely be BRZ. The emblem can go in either the bottom or top. You choose.

If you're talking about a console plaque, Yospeed makes one for the BRZ heated seats as well that can be customized, but like I mentioned, I'm not sure if he's going to be doing custom orders again soon. Example...

How damn that's awesome too and yes on the license plate frame please. Thanks bro means a lot!

Installed Mods:
Old 01-07-2015, 01:49 AM   #8162
DAEMANO
Time Traveller

Garage
Quote:
How damn that's awesome too and yes on the license plate frame please. Thanks bro means a lot!
No probs, will send pic of the prototype as soon as it's ready.
The Following User Says Thank You to DAEMANO For This Useful Post:
Sojhinn (01-07-2015)

Tags
26$ / wtq, affordable boost, better than turbo, brz electric supercharger, do want, dumbass freddy, electric shrimpage, electric supercharger, electronic supercharger, epic thread tag, fanboy circle jerk!, freddy keyboardwarrior, frs electric supercharger, get a real blower, haters gonna hate, hows the battery life?, lol, moar powa, nos with battery, one gear race champion, only pulls hard once, phantom charge, pm-robftss to order!, release date=not yet, release it already!, released!, rice, shut up and take our $$$, snake oil claims, street only, super pursuit mode, the price isn't known yet, tq300 plzkkthxbai, wooshy noise, yes turbo is better, yes turbo is expensive