follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 05-18-2011, 05:58 PM   #211
PAImportTuner
Turbo Mafia Presidente

Drives: U Mad?
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark View Post
Here I come Subaru.
Oh Wait, Bye bye Scion.

One thing about Subaru variant is $$.

The Subaru model can't be over $30k unless it has STI goodies and AWD which impacts price significantly.
PAImportTuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 06:16 PM   #212
PAImportTuner
Turbo Mafia Presidente

Drives: U Mad?
Quote:
Originally Posted by zigzagz94 View Post
Judging by the comments from SOA Blog (a confirmed group of Subaru representatives) over on NASIOC I think you are correct.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...141912&page=25
a couple of responses in the thread reveal:

SOA Blog: "And tbh, it doesn't matter which badge is on the test car - we are building all of them and it's our engineering in both versions. The badgework is just that.. badgework"

Big Elm: "Well then..... I never thought I'd see the day where you can interchange your Subaru parts for Scion and vice versa. That will be unique...."

SOA Blog: "you still won't - they'll all be Subaru parts =)"

PAImportTuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 06:22 PM   #213
Want.FR-S

Drives: 4 Wheels Auto
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranzformer View Post
Could that 3rd brake light be a temporary light judging by the cable in the background? I can't tell if that cable is going to the brake light or the antenna on the trunk

I think that is possible since that wire also connects to the antenna at the trunk top. If this is a temporary thing, there is still hope that this car could have a hatch/liftback....
Want.FR-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 06:49 PM   #214
C-Bone

Drives: '03 Tiburon
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmon View Post
The back brake light inside of the car (first pic) indicates that this is not a hatch/liftback. No hatchback has this kind of a rear brake light. It's either on top of the window or outside, because the middle shelf in the hatchbacks can be removed - therefore you also remove the brake light.
Oh really?

BTW its kinda hard to take a pic of you're brake lights when you got 1 person to work with lol...
Old 05-18-2011, 07:18 PM   #215
OldSkoolToys
Is a Monster

Drives: AE86, MA70
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Bone View Post
Oh really?

BTW its kinda hard to take a pic of you're brake lights when you got 1 person to work with lol...
He wasn't talking about that....look closely at the picture of the rear brake light, you can clearly see a back 'shelf', indicating its a notchback coupe.

Given Toyota's history guys, I wouldn't lose hope on a hatchback version though. Its possible.
OldSkoolToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 07:27 PM   #216
xravexboix

Drives: 12 Camry Hybrid on 19" RE30
Send a message via AIM to xravexboix
Looks like the real deal. Photos of the car with some specs were presented at a Scion Brand meeting that took place about a week ago. I didn't attend, but our corporate reps said the FR-S will have 17-inch alloy wheels and will be a hatchback.

The design of the tC2's hatch makes it look like a standard coupe, but the whole hatch does open up. It's likely a similar design. The third brake light will likely be hatch-mounted for ease of optional spoiler installation. The added TBL on the prototype is due to the camo-tape on the hatch itself.

The added fender area badging with the 86-boxer logo is a nice touch, but it's odd to see the badging being placed on the vehicle prototype. It's likely a small clue to help build hype and help enthusiasts ID the car when "spy photos" are found all over the place.
xravexboix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 07:36 PM   #217
cb7

Drives: Honda
Guys, I think its still possible that this could be a hatchback due to the short trunk and high spoiler. Wouldn't it be difficult to open the trunk if it wasn't a hatch?

But then again, EVOs and STIs, aren't hatches either (pre 2008 models)..

Man I'm so excited about this car I had to photoshop how it would look slammed

Last edited by cb7; 05-18-2011 at 07:50 PM.
cb7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 07:54 PM   #218
ryun84

Drives: 04 PSM WRX Wagon
^ Maybe it's just me, but I can't see any of those images...
ryun84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 07:54 PM   #219
cyde01
ft86club resident b-boy

Drives: Yamaha R3, moonslate 2018 GT Black
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xravexboix View Post
Looks like the real deal. Photos of the car with some specs were presented at a Scion Brand meeting that took place about a week ago. I didn't attend, but our corporate reps said the FR-S will have 17-inch alloy wheels and will be a hatchback.
dude, are you serious? where did you get the info? do you work for corporate or a dealer? if this info is true you made my day.
cyde01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 07:54 PM   #220
cb7

Drives: Honda
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryun84 View Post
^ Maybe it's just me, but I can't see any of those images...
is it fixed now?
cb7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 07:55 PM   #221
TRDLiquidSilver

Drives: USE20
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichitaka05 View Post
It's also interesting that, no one have commented on ride height of the car... yesterday's ride height was pretty base, but today is pretty low... or just light angle?

during data testing we bring crates and crates filled with parts that we think will benefit the car, that ranges from springs, shocks, wheels, tires, aero, control arms, ecu, transmissions even engines. we have a full working garage at the ring where we can remove and replace any piece we want to gather as much data as possible. the cars final shakedown should be be done by summer. aside from a tuning standpoint we are also able to stress test all parts and disassemble after testing is done.
TRDLiquidSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 07:56 PM   #222
ryun84

Drives: 04 PSM WRX Wagon
Yeah, I just don't see being able to load and carry "a whole set of race wheels and tools to the track" unless it IS a hatch. So here's to hoping!

Edit 1: I still can't see the pics. Can someone else confirm if they see the PS pics of the test car lowered?

Edit 2: I wish I could get a tour of that "Ring" garage you mentioned. That would be so awesome. (Maybe even get a ride-along in a test car? )
ryun84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 07:57 PM   #223
cyde01
ft86club resident b-boy

Drives: Yamaha R3, moonslate 2018 GT Black
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
seriously i love the inside scoop that you're bringing us trdliquidsilver. thanks for posting:happy0180:
cyde01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 07:59 PM   #224
xravexboix

Drives: 12 Camry Hybrid on 19" RE30
Send a message via AIM to xravexboix
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyde01 View Post
dude, are you serious? where did you get the info? do you work for corporate or a dealer? if this info is true you made my day.
I work at the dealership, but received this information from our dealer rep from corporate. Again, take it with a grain of salt. This is based on what they are told in meetings and we're still about a year or so away from launch...

Also, Jack Hollis (Scion VP) announced: "How about a 2+2 seating configuration… with a fold-flat cargo area large enough to transport a full set of race-spec tires… a floor jack and the necessary pit tools for a fun day at the track?". So the info fed down the ladder may simply be Jack Hollis' quote from the unveil in April (Link: http://pressroom.toyota.com/releases...ack-hollis.htm ). I can't imagine a set of track tires and a jack fitting in the car if it's not a hatch. Fold flat > 60/40 split seats
xravexboix is offline   Reply With Quote