follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 12:30 AM   #5419
loogs
Banned

Drives: on cruise control
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carwhisperer View Post
Really anxious to get it. Hows the higher rpm power feel like?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Jr View Post
I see your unit on the rollers, via the Vtune facebook page.

Need tuned feedback!

just went out for a nice drive and all i can say is WOW! it absolutely feels like a different car.

im not a tuner and i dont really know much about this stuff so when i saw 12 WHP and 7 TQ as my gains, i didnt really think that it was a monumental difference. i was happy with the numbers but i just wasnt overwhelmed. it was right about what i was expecting from what friends were telling me.

but now im amazed by how the car feels. like i said earlier, it feels lighter. like i can just toss it around with no issues. the power at the top is so different and in the mid range, its just there. i dont remember feeling that before.

anyways, if anybody is contemplating this and is on the fence, just do it. youll be so happy you did. take it from me. i would say this is my best mod so far but i dont know how the car would feel if i got the tune on a totally stock car. im glad i did the other mods and now im really excited about this tune.

John, youre brilliant. i cant thank you enough
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to loogs For This Useful Post:
JiB (06-21-2013), Lee358 (06-21-2013), Sensisnow (06-21-2013)
Old 06-21-2013, 12:58 AM   #5420
CBR600RR

Drives: Raven Black
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by loogs View Post
just went out for a nice drive and all i can say is WOW! it absolutely feels like a different car.

im not a tuner and i dont really know much about this stuff so when i saw 12 WHP and 7 TQ as my gains, i didnt really think that it was a monumental difference. i was happy with the numbers but i just wasnt overwhelmed. it was right about what i was expecting from what friends were telling me.

but now im amazed by how the car feels. like i said earlier, it feels lighter. like i can just toss it around with no issues. the power at the top is so different and in the mid range, its just there. i dont remember feeling that before.

anyways, if anybody is contemplating this and is on the fence, just do it. youll be so happy you did. take it from me. i would say this is my best mod so far but i dont know how the car would feel if i got the tune on a totally stock car. im glad i did the other mods and now im really excited about this tune.

John, youre brilliant. i cant thank you enough
This was just the pump gas tune I assume?
Old 06-21-2013, 01:16 AM   #5421
loogs
Banned

Drives: on cruise control
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR600RR View Post
pump gas tune????? i would have to assume yes. its not an E85 or forced induction tune if thats what you mean
Old 06-21-2013, 01:19 AM   #5422
Jay Jr

Drives: 04/2013 BRZ-L
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
So, do you guys see the hype or delay being worth while for the Nameless EL header or do you suggest a certain header in particular for the STG2 NA flash?

I only have access to 91 E10, so it'll be without quality fuel. Can you help decipher if a header or just overpipe-back/ intake would suffice for a solid 91 setup.

Thanks
Old 06-21-2013, 01:21 AM   #5423
Sensisnow

Drives: 05 TSX & 13 BRZ
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR600RR View Post
I'm assuming so, but regardless, I couldn't be happier with his tunes! Sure, it might take some time, but I'd rather have a tuner who took his time perfecting a tune, rather than someone who just slapped something together. @Visconti is a perfectionist, and that is something that I really appreciate when it comes to my car.
Visconti STG2 FlexFuel Tune - aFe intake - Perrin resonated catback - P&L header, front pipe, & overpipe - Kartboy short shifter - Eibach prokit springs - Smoked sidemarkers - Full LED interior/exterior - Kenwood cmos-210 backup camera - Hardwired Valentine V1
Old 06-21-2013, 01:39 AM   #5424
cuddefred

Drives: Black 86 GT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensisnow View Post
I'm assuming so, but regardless, I couldn't be happier with his tunes! Sure, it might take some time, but I'd rather have a tuner who took his time perfecting a tune, rather than someone who just slapped something together. @Visconti is a perfectionist, and that is something that I really appreciate when it comes to my car.
I totally agree. John occasionally seems to be his own worst enemy in that he tries to keep everyone in the loop, raises expectations and sometimes cannot deliver within the timeframe he suggests, which no doubt puts him under even more pressure and disappoints some customers. An example being that he has already mentioned there is some cool stuff to come in 1.15 on the same day he releases 1.14 so he willnow have people bugging him and asking when it is due out, which is totally unfair on him!

We all know and are grateful that he is constantly trying to improve the tunes and I would be more than happy for him to simply tell us that they are released once he is good and ready.

:happy0180:
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cuddefred For This Useful Post:
CBR600RR (06-21-2013), Sensisnow (06-21-2013)
Old 06-21-2013, 01:43 AM   #5425
Sensisnow

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuddefred View Post
I totally agree. John occasionally seems to be his own worst enemy in that he tries to keep everyone in the loop, raises expectations and sometimes cannot deliver within the timeframe he suggests, which no doubt puts him under even more pressure and disappoints some customers. An example being that he has already mentioned there is some cool stuff to come in 1.15 on the same day he releases 1.14 so he willnow have people bugging him and asking when it is due out, which is totally unfair on him!

We all know and are grateful that he is constantly trying to improve the tunes and I would be more than happy for him to simply tell us that they are released once he is good and ready.

:happy0180:
Amen brother!
Visconti STG2 FlexFuel Tune - aFe intake - Perrin resonated catback - P&L header, front pipe, & overpipe - Kartboy short shifter - Eibach prokit springs - Smoked sidemarkers - Full LED interior/exterior - Kenwood cmos-210 backup camera - Hardwired Valentine V1
Old 06-21-2013, 01:49 AM   #5426
wootwoot

Drives: FRS
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quick question: I bought a used cable a while back. Can you use any ecutek cable to flash your car if you buy a tune and license from Jon? Or do you have to buy a cable from him as well?
Old 06-21-2013, 01:56 AM   #5427
Sensisnow

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wootwoot View Post
Quick question: I bought a used cable a while back. Can you use any ecutek cable to flash your car if you buy a tune and license from Jon? Or do you have to buy a cable from him as well?
If you have the cable, you can flash any ECUTek ROM, from any tuner as long as you have the tune and license from them.
Old 06-21-2013, 10:33 AM   #5428
Visconti
Banned

Drives: 05 STi
Thanked 3,188 Times in 1,197 Posts
Mentioned: 375 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Visconti
Quote:
Originally Posted by wootwoot View Post
If your ECU already has a license on it then all you need to do is buy a tune from me.

If you dont have a license I can get you one

Thanks

John
Old 06-21-2013, 12:48 PM   #5429
Opposed

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
I screwed up @Visconti. I sumbmited a ticket for the "BRZ N/A" tune, but I will actually need the stage 2 tune. I didn't see that option in the drop down. Any I did write that I am using the Revworks UEL header in the commonest section. Any chance I can get the correct one?
Old 06-21-2013, 01:02 PM   #5430
Area86

Drives: 2013 BRZ limited SWP
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opposed View Post
I screwed up @Visconti. I sumbmited a ticket for the "BRZ N/A" tune, but I will actually need the stage 2 tune. I didn't see that option in the drop down. Any I did write that I am using the Revworks UEL header in the commonest section. Any chance I can get the correct one?
I did the same thing. Didn't see a stage 1/stage 2 option but I put that I have a Rev Works UEL header in the comments.
Old 06-21-2013, 01:02 PM   #5431
Visconti
Banned

Drives: 05 STi
Thanked 3,188 Times in 1,197 Posts
Mentioned: 375 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Visconti
Don't worry, I'm reviewing notes
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Visconti For This Useful Post:
Area86 (06-21-2013), Opposed (06-21-2013)
Old 06-21-2013, 01:54 PM   #5432
Calum
That Guy

Drives: 2013 asphalt FRS MT
Thanked 2,867 Times in 1,499 Posts
Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Got my tune programmed, thanks John.

Closed Thread