follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 05-15-2019, 02:25 AM   #1
AndehLu

Drives: 2015 Turbo Brz
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
2015 BRZ car starts then dies right away

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fan0L7agrno[/ame]

Disregard the rattling noise in the video the car is boosted so its the sound from the piping.

The car is 2015 Subaru BRZ automatic transmission with 65,000 miles. Turbo as well with ultimate racing turbo kit. On pump gas (91).

Car will throw a P0451 code (Fuel pressure sensor) I believe.

The symptom in the video will only happen sometimes. Sometimes the car will start up and drive fine like nothing ever happened. Then sometimes when approaching a red light at idle, the car will stall and turn off. When the car dies it will make the same symptoms from the video shown above. The car could also make the symptoms shown from the video above as well from a regular start.

I never seemed to have an issue with starting the car from cold starts.

What would you guys suggest?
Things crossed off the list.
-Fuel cap
-Maf Sensor
-Fuel Pump

My mechanic has had my car for a few weeks now and still no luck. He's been checking for a possible bad ground wire. Has anyone had a symptom similar to this?
AndehLu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 12:35 AM   #2
Brz_racer

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Does the car ever die at red lights and you aren't able to start it again? This would indicated an alternator failure. However if your getting a fuel pressure issue from the OBD I would run some seafoam through the gas tank and also check your fuel filter, could be partially clogged.
Brz_racer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
p0451