follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

CANADA Canada

User Tag List

Old 05-24-2012, 04:05 PM   #71
Slick

Drives: FR-S Firestorm 6MT
Thanked 1,389 Times in 628 Posts
Mentioned: 137 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pbrown View Post
Sadly went by mendes. Car release is delayed due to some peperwork issue. No time line given ( very vague ) Broke the cardinal rule of under promise over deliver. Officially Pissed off.
I went in today (different dealer) and I was told nothing about any paperwork delay (and I asked).
I was just told that Scion does not want to promise any official release date to customers. He is still expecting cars anytime, but that could be today or into next week or after.

It just sucks not knowing a true date. At least I got my VIN.
Slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 04:10 PM   #72
alexm

Drives: Black BRZ, Limited
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingGeo View Post
on the plus side for anyone who missed a chance to test drive the corp demo car that was touring around.
i got word from Tony Graham today that they are expecting to have a demo/test drive car stating tomorrow the 25th. they are currently taking test drive bookings.
i asked if it was an AT or MT, they said MT and dont expect a demo AT for some time if ever
Unfortunately, I just called to schedule and they had no idea what I was talking about. They said they'd call me back. Who were you speaking with?
alexm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 08:44 PM   #73
KingGeo

Drives: FRS
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexm View Post
Unfortunately, I just called to schedule and they had no idea what I was talking about. They said they'd call me back. Who were you speaking with?
i got an email from Allyson Bourgeois

"Are you still interested in a Scion FR-S? We will have one here starting Friday the 25th which will be available for test drives. Are you interested in coming to test drive the vehicle?"
KingGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:27 PM   #74
Klinn

Drives: '20 Pure Red BRZ, '20 Torch Red C8
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pbrown View Post
Sadly went by mendes. Car release is delayed due to some peperwork issue. No time line given ( very vague ) Broke the cardinal rule of under promise over deliver. Officially Pissed off.
Well, as annoying as it is, can't blame the dealer for this one. On one hand they're trying to get info to satisfy us rabid fans, then get hit with this delay from Scion HQ on the other.

From the outside, it seems like there's a lack of communication between Scion Canada and the dealers. They don't get word out quickly enough, or clearly enough, or ????
Klinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:08 AM   #75
Pbrown

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS Raven
Thanked 1,322 Times in 658 Posts
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Just received a call

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klinn View Post
Well, as annoying as it is, can't blame the dealer for this one. On one hand they're trying to get info to satisfy us rabid fans, then get hit with this delay from Scion HQ on the other.

From the outside, it seems like there's a lack of communication between Scion Canada and the dealers. They don't get word out quickly enough, or clearly enough, or ????
From the manager at Mendes. All deliveries have been put on hold until further notice. No timeline for release of vehicles. Does not know what the issue is except improper documentation at some level. Am grateful for the update and totally baffled as to the lack of concrete information being offered up.
Pbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Pbrown For This Useful Post:
Klinn (05-25-2012)
Old 05-25-2012, 04:15 PM   #76
ramification

Drives: Scion FR-S 6MT on order
Just wondering, did everyone who opted for a BRZ get charged admin ($199) and security fees ($299)? Scion was very willing to remove the admin fees but Subaru wouldnt budge. Anyone manage to get out of paying these? Thanks.
ramification is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 05:19 PM   #77
Sport-Tech

Drives: TBD
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramification View Post
Just wondering, did everyone who opted for a BRZ get charged admin ($199) and security fees ($299)? Scion was very willing to remove the admin fees but Subaru wouldnt budge. Anyone manage to get out of paying these? Thanks.
I did, but then I am not getting the "security world etching" done or whatever it's called.
Sport-Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 12:14 AM   #78
lxsedan

Drives: 2013 BRZ SWP
Quote:
Has anyone received their cars, or any additional updates yet?

I picked up the last BRZ ST at Otto's last night, and they told me that they won't be getting any in until August (when I should expect mine). I'm wondering where they get their information from, as it sounds like (in other threads) that they are all in Toronto ready to be shipped out.
Hey Alex are you #9 then? What colour are you getting?
lxsedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 12:16 AM   #79
lxsedan

Quote:
We got a general break down of the pricing and stuff which included fees but they were saying nothing is set because they don't know how much everything is gonna be until they get more info closer to release.
Old 05-26-2012, 12:33 AM   #80
ramification

Quote:
Has anyone received their cars, or any additional updates yet?

I picked up the last BRZ ST at Otto's last night, and they told me that they won't be getting any in until August (when I should expect mine). I'm wondering where they get their information from, as it sounds like (in other threads) that they are all in Toronto ready to be shipped out.
I'm at ottos too and I got my VIN. Was told it is waiting for the ship and I may get it as early as June. They sent me an email today saying they will get there first shipment mid June which contradicts what they told you. Realistically I expect mine in July sometime. They seem all over the place with their estimates. I really hope they don't insist on admin and security fees cus I def can't justify paying and extra 500 for essentially nothing especially on top of their inferior grad rebate.
Old 05-26-2012, 12:37 AM   #81
lxsedan

Quote:
I'm at ottos too and I got my VIN. Was told it is waiting for the ship and I may get it as early as June. They sent me an email today saying they will get there first shipment mid June which contradicts what they told you. Realistically I expect mine in July sometime. They seem all over the place with their estimates. I really hope they don't insist on admin and security fees cus I def can't justify paying and extra 500 for essentially nothing especially on top of their inferior grad rebate.
Man that makes me mad, I was hoping to have a VIN and such. They said couldn't allocated a SWP thats why mine won't be here until July/Aug. I"m seriously hoping they are wrong however I can't get a peep out of anyone over there.

Their interest rates from what it looks like is going to suck. The guys said its still financed through Toyota for this car so I dunno why we don't get the same rates as FRS. Guy there said most likely 5.9 which means I won't be doing it from them.
Old 05-26-2012, 01:54 PM   #82
ramification

Quote:
Originally Posted by lxsedan View Post
Man that makes me mad, I was hoping to have a VIN and such. They said couldn't allocated a SWP thats why mine won't be here until July/Aug. I"m seriously hoping they are wrong however I can't get a peep out of anyone over there.

Their interest rates from what it looks like is going to suck. The guys said its still financed through Toyota for this car so I dunno why we don't get the same rates as FRS. Guy there said most likely 5.9 which means I won't be doing it from them.
When I preordered about a month ago they told me the same thing about being unable to locate a vehicle and not having a VIN yet. They told me it would probably be July/August because it still had to be build and such but like 2 weeks later they gave me a VIN and told me it is just waiting to be shipped so there is still hope for you yet. Don't fret. Good luck.
Old 05-26-2012, 05:32 PM   #83
alexm

Garage
Quote:
Hey Alex are you #9 then? What colour are you getting?
Otto's had one left (so yes, #9) in blue, and I really wanted black. So, they were able to swap with another dealer. Whether that blue one is still available, I'm not sure - but happy I got mine in black.
Old 05-26-2012, 05:38 PM   #84
alexm

Garage
Quote:

Agreed - 5.9% is all they offered me. It's unfortunate, but apparently the standard on all new vehicles from them.

At the end of the day, I'm fine with the price, but not knowing a delivery date drives me nuts. I'm in the midst of selling my car, so I'd like to know if I'm going to be without a car for until August, September?

You can't blame the dealers though, it sounds like poor communication from Subaru Canada.