follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > ASIA

User Tag List

Old 10-07-2013, 09:31 AM   #1555
Alabang BRZ

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
The VW Philippine website sadly is grossly inaccurate. I only considered the Tiguan since it was the only CUV that was new since we got our current gen Forester earlier in the year.

When we were looking for a CUV back then the other brands didn't fulfill our requirement.

I'd love to go upmarket but the BIR will not honor the vehicle as a business expense anymore.
Alabang BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:53 AM   #1556
NIKDENG

Drives: RED BRZ
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabang BRZ View Post
.. and the Tiguan is sold at 1.99m and the Forester at 1.868m.
@Alabang BRZ,

Is VW Philippines already offering a discount? When I asked about the Tiguan during the launch, they said it was priced at 2.109M.
NIKDENG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:17 PM   #1557
dhoeze

Drives: Toyota 86
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
amen sir nikdeng
dhoeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:00 PM   #1558
Alabang BRZ

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKDENG View Post
@Alabang BRZ,

Is VW Philippines already offering a discount? When I asked about the Tiguan during the launch, they said it was priced at 2.109M.
Yes, a discount of 119,000 on the Tiguan is offered for the first 100 units sold. I also understand that other VW models do have discounts for the first 100 units sold except for the Touareg.

Based on how well European cars sell in the Philippines I do not expect VW to sell out the first 100 units until 9-12 months from now.

If the BIR didnt have that limit I'd go with the Touareg. The Golf and possibly the Scirocco will be introduced next year. The week before the brand relaunch VW brought in Scirocco for display in Greenbelt.
Alabang BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Alabang BRZ For This Useful Post:
NIKDENG (10-08-2013)
Old 10-07-2013, 10:52 PM   #1559
pcuerpo

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Send a message via ICQ to pcuerpo Send a message via Yahoo to pcuerpo
@NIKDENG, appreciate the reply.. very helpful as usual i ended up with just going staggered just to be sure.. next time na lang ako mag wide rims sa harap when porma na lang gagawin ko sa 86, i plan to track it din kasi once in awhile for now
pcuerpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:00 PM   #1560
pcuerpo

one more question, regarding bars.. what are the most effective bars to put in the car? not yet familiar with RWD but i know for FWD, most effective would be putting a rear sway bar.. what about for RWD?
Old 10-08-2013, 12:04 AM   #1561
JMx86

Drives: Toyota 86 Aero AT SWP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Guys, baka meron sa inyo interesado. I am selling Vortech Supercharger for 215k. 1 unit lang. November ang dating dito. Just send me a PM kung interesado.

Here's the link:
http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/page.php?id=30190
JMx86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 03:28 AM   #1562
NIKDENG

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcuerpo View Post
one more question, regarding bars.. what are the most effective bars to put in the car? not yet familiar with RWD but i know for FWD, most effective would be putting a rear sway bar.. what about for RWD?
@pcuerpo,

The current stock setup of 18mm front and 14mm rear sway bars are pretty good already and are more than sufficient for casual track duty. You may opt to get thicker bars to further increase body roll resistance regardless of what coil springs you are using. This would be useful if you want to further capitalize on the grip provided by wider and stickier tires. If you want to stiffen up while still being close to the OEM balance, go with 16mm rear and 19mm front. Don't be tempted by going much thicker especially at the rear as this will actually a) cause you to loose traction on the inside rear wheel when accelerating out of corners on the track. b) decrease handling grip on uneven roads.
Old 10-08-2013, 08:48 AM   #1563
pcuerpo

@NIKDENG, maraming salamat ulit with the reply, dami nako natutunan sayo sir i was considering the Eibach front and rear sway bars, they are 25mm and 19mm, respectively, afaik.. mukha bang too stiff na yun? ganda kasi ng price ng Eibach lalo na if i'll be getting the pair

what about adding front strut bars and changing to aftermarket diagonal brace? worth it or pampaganda lang sila ng engine bay?

IG: @pcuerpo.images
Old 10-08-2013, 09:38 AM   #1564
pearlhatchiroku

Drives: pearl white eighty six
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKDENG View Post
@pearlhatchiroku,

1. Upgrading your IHE will void the warranty of your original IHE. The rest of your engine warranty will still stand unless the casa can prove that an engine failure can be directly attributed to the IHE modifications. Started upgrading intake and exhaust after the break-in period.
2. Just bolting on IHE will net you little gains. The 4U-GSE boxer engine doesn’t like bolt-on modifications and the stock ECU tune is the limiting factor as it is set to run significantly rich across the powerband to make the engine last longer. Installing a good quality straight 2.5 inch exhaust system: catback exhaust, catless front pipe, overpipe and the 4-1 catless header with no ECU tuning will gain you just about 8-12whp and 8-10ft-lb of torque. Compare that to ECU tuning alone to make the system run a little leaner on a completely stock system which can easily gain you 10-12whp. Tuning the ECU with the IHE should net you another 10-15 whp and 8-10ft-lb of torque for a total of about 18-27whp / 16-20ft-lb of torque.
3. It is more logical to go straight to FI as you will never really be fully satisfied with the gains from IHE and ECU tuning which will be hard pressed to break 200whp which usually requires leaning out the fuel mixture to near limits which would be detrimental to engine longevity.
The same thing happend with my previous cars, wasnt satisfied with IHE upgrades so i went FI, and a well tuned FI is better that running a lean NA, well said sir thanks

Better put some more miles on the car...

BTW had my first 1k PMC at Toyota Global... I asked beforehand if they had the 0w20 oil and they said they dont so i went to autoplus and got motul, total bill at the dealership less the oil was P800+...

So I told the service officer about the gromet at the rear shock mounting, i even showed him the picture that nikdeng posted, he inquired then got back to me and said the warranty dept does not cover it and that i have to show them the actual car that has that gromet in it so that they will know that the car really comes with that gromet i was thinking what the?? how screwed up is that i have to bother some1 to go with me to the dealership so that i can just show them? and what does that have to do with warrany dept?

Then i told them about the DRL and that thing about the relay and showed him the fuse box and that it doesnt have the relay... a service attendant went and check the car, first he was shining a flash light at the dash so i asked the service officer what is he doin? is he checking the auto headlight function?, then he replyed "may chinecheck lang sir", then the service attendant said it doesnt come standard because it doesnt have the sensor, and that the sensor is needed so that the light comes on during nightime and if daytime its off i told him politely the drl lits during daytime and that maybe hes referring to the auto headlight function, then he opened the fusebox and said that its optional i told him its just missing a relay, he got a test light then tested it then the DRL comes on, heres the thing, he got a relay from another car then he installed it and it didnt lit, so i told him i think its the same as the one used in the horn, so he removed that ghetto style btw, poked it with a flat head driver then yanked it ala bottle opener syle so he installed that and it still didnt work so i told him just get the part number of that relay specific for the DRL and if they have it on stock il just pay for it if its optional, anyway if it still doesnt work wala nman mawawala for trying its just relay, then he told me they cudnt find the part number for that relaay
pearlhatchiroku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 10:29 AM   #1565
pcuerpo

@pearlhatchiroku, were you able to ask if warranty will be voided if you bring in your own oil? yun kasi yung sabi ng friend ko thou sa sales siya.. im also scheduled for my 1k kms in Global this Thursday, di nako magtatanong siguro sa kanila and i'll just have things done just for the sake matapos na yung 1k kms service, mukhang malabo kausap mga tiga service dun hehe

btw, how long did it take? sabi ng friend ko kaya in 1-2 hours? may mga lakad kasi ako kaya i want to make sure

Old 10-08-2013, 10:38 AM   #1566
x3m_priv8

Drives: SWP 86
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Sa wakas pwede na ko magpost.

Guys quick question lang...
Ano mas okay car color white or black?
x3m_priv8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 10:41 AM   #1567
pcuerpo

Philippines

@x3m_priv8, i'd choose black over the white pearl more or less.. bit if it wasnt pearl, i'd go for white hehe

Old 10-08-2013, 11:23 AM   #1568
NIKDENG

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcuerpo View Post
@NIKDENG, i was considering the Eibach front and rear sway bars, they are 25mm and 19mm, respectively, afaik.. mukha bang too stiff na yun? ganda kasi ng price ng Eibach lalo na if i'll be getting the pair

what about adding front strut bars and changing to aftermarket diagonal brace? worth it or pampaganda lang sila ng engine bay?
@pcuerpo, 25mm front and 19mm rear is aggressive and very stiff even for frequent track use. Coupled with the staggered set-up that you already have, this would equate to a lot of understeer. As reference the TRD sway bars which were tuned specifically for the 86 have 15mm rear (+1mm from stock) and 17mm front (-1mm from stock).

The chassis of the 86/BRZ is already very stiff with the stock front tower braces. Aftermarket strut tower bars will help minimally since our cars really don't make enough power to overcome the chassis.