follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Southwest

Southwest AZ, NM, NV, OK, TX, UT

User Tag List

Old 02-01-2014, 09:45 PM   #1
freedumb512

Drives: Raven FR-S MT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Party Crashing (Kerrville, TX)

I am crashing a buddy's yearly Solstice/Sky meet in Kerrville this weekend and I'm thinking it would be nice to have a little FR-S/BRZ "friendly competition" in the mix. Here's some info from Solsticeforum.com

Quote:
Kerrville ‘14 will be February 7th - 9th. So, make your plans to drive the best roads in the most scenic area of Texas. For those that don't know, the 3 Sisters area is a technical course and even at slower (Tour) speeds, is not a Sunday drive in the park. It is a very challenging and fun drive due to the length and many twisty sections. The Kerrville Run is the full length version of the 3 Sisters Run that was offered for the Austin 2011 Nationals. Lunch for the run will be at the Bent Rim Grill in Leakey.

We’re staying at the Inn of the Hills (800.292.5690), 1001 Junction Hwy (27), Kerrville. Rooms are $85 a night. Before you Expedia Commandos start hammering me on the rate, this price includes the full breakfast. I have a 20 room block, but the hotel is always booked, so make your reservations early. The block and rate is good until January 8th, aks for the SWSC rate and make sure that you specify February since we also have a December block. If there any booking problems, contact me so we can get it straightened out. Friday night dinner is on your own. Post run Saturday night dinner is at the hotel. They have a prime rib and shrimp buffet. We have a private room from 5:45 until 7:30 and there is a $5 dining room charge per couple. Just like last year, we've outgrown all the regular dining rooms and will have to rent a big one to get everyone in.

Kerrville is and always will be an open run, so if you know anyone who wants to show up in anything other than a Sol/Sky, they are more than welcome to come and play. Basically, we don't care what you show up in, just show up. Radios are mandatory. There is no cell reception along the run route, so it is the only way we have to communicate. If you have any questions, please aks them in open forum. Chances are pretty good that someone else is wondering the same thing and it also saves me from a PM barrage.

When you sign up, I need to know whether you want to be in a Run (Fast) or a Tour (Not as Fast) group and how many will be coming. I will also need some Run/Tour Leads since we want to keep the groups to no more than 10 cars in a chase pack. And, hopefully, this will be the grand unveiling of my new toy.

Friday
9:30 - Launch for K'ville. Starbucks (132 W Loop 820 South) at 820 and I30.
Lunch TBD

Saturday
8:00 - Run Brief
8:20 - Line up & comm check
8:30 - Launch
Lunch in Leakey
5:45 - Dinner at the Inn of the Hills

Sunday
8:45 - Launch for N TX
Lunch in Stephenville

SUSHAD
Anyone interested?