follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 02-11-2016, 05:59 AM   #1
Antuono

Drives: 2014 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
E85 Kit?

Hey guys hope this is the right spot for this and i couldn't find this topic.

Question is i was looking into running E85 on my car seems promising.

I got a quote from a local shop(delicious tuning) and i dont know if its a fair price but seems high.

"You'd be looking at $1,287.60 including tax for the EcuTek License, our Tune, and the Flex Fuel kit with installation.
You'd reach about 200whp on E85. Install would take approximately one hour."

Are there any other options out there for running E85 and would i need any other parts if i run E85 long term?

Thanks guys.

Antuono is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Antuono For This Useful Post:
Frs_chil (02-17-2016)
Old 02-11-2016, 07:05 AM   #2
steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
That probably fair price including install
300 ecutek licience
300 tune
600 flex kit and install

your other option would be a 4 map switchable tune, not quite as nice as a full flex fuel setup but your could have switchable maps for 91\93 petrol E40 ie 50% petrol 50%e85 and full E85. Cost about $600

another option is but an open flash tablet and you can flash between petrol and e85 tunes. cost $500

on naturally aspirated cars you dont need any prysical mods to run e85 just the correct tune
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to steve99 For This Useful Post:
Antuono (02-11-2016), Frs_chil (02-17-2016), humfrz (02-11-2016), Sportsguy83 (02-11-2016)
Old 02-11-2016, 08:27 AM   #3
brzaapi
CAR-AHOLIC

Drives: 2018 BRZ Ts - CWP
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
I think @steve99 sums it up pretty well. But I am going to piggyback on what he is saying.

It comes down to budget and future plans. Which you may or may not know right now. There are other tuning methods, but the two listed above are the most common. Just to clarify in case your quite new to things.

You can use an OFT(openflashtablet) as your tuning choice.

Or, you can use Ecutek as your tuning choice.

Please research these thoroughly. Then think about any future plans for the car. This should help you make the choice. The only other consideration is your budget, and if you want the convenience of flexfuel (as opposed to map switching). I have experience with both OFT and Ecutek on several BRZs and on other platforms. They both work very well. However, at the moment I am running the exact setup you listed above. I will tell that i love it. The tune from Delicious is running great, and the flex fuel kit is fantastic. Its great when things work exactly as they are supposed too. I'm a happy customer. But i have a plan with my car, and i know the path i want to follow.

You should give that some thought as well. But, you cant go wrong with the setup you listed. It is rock solid, and if your dealing directly with Delicious then that is great for you. The pricing you mentioned looks spot on to me. Its the same price i paid, except i did the install myself. Which, if you have any interest of ever doing your own work. This flex fuel kit may be a nice one to start with.
brzaapi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to brzaapi For This Useful Post:
Antuono (02-11-2016), Frs_chil (02-17-2016), steve99 (02-11-2016)