follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
RR Racing
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Scion FR-S Forum | Subaru BRZ Forum | Toyota 86 GT 86 Forum | AS1 Forum - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 05-25-2016, 12:28 AM   #1
zmz0305

Drives: subaru brz
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
CAL number different between in OpenFlash Manager and in ECU info of OFT

I just discovered it tonight. My OFT has read from my car only for once. In OpenFlash Manager, CAL ended with A01C, but when I plug OFT into my car, under ECU info, CAL ended with B01C.

I have visited dealer for maintenance once, and I flashed back to the original file before I went to dealer. After that I flashed ECU to an A01C tune.

Is that possible dealer flashed my ECU to a different version but the old ECU info is still in my OFT? So I am using tunes for wrong CAL number?
zmz0305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 02:22 AM   #2
steve99

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,399 Times in 2,625 Posts
Mentioned: 482 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmz0305 View Post
I just discovered it tonight. My OFT has read from my car only for once. In OpenFlash Manager, CAL ended with A01C, but when I plug OFT into my car, under ECU info, CAL ended with B01C.

I have visited dealer for maintenance once, and I flashed back to the original file before I went to dealer. After that I flashed ECU to an A01C tune.

Is that possible dealer flashed my ECU to a different version but the old ECU info is still in my OFT? So I am using tunes for wrong CAL number?
yep thats normal.

what it means is your original calid was A01C but when you tuned with oft it put in a tuned B01C rom which is the latest calid compatablke with your car so you get factory updates as well as tune

see oft tips link beliw for more info
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steve99 For This Useful Post:
Viper8 (08-23-2018)
Old 05-25-2016, 08:41 AM   #3
zmz0305

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve99 View Post
yep thats normal.

what it means is your original calid was A01C but when you tuned with oft it put in a tuned B01C rom which is the latest calid compatablke with your car so you get factory updates as well as tune

see oft tips link beliw for more info
So you mean if I put in a A01C tune, my CAL id becomes B01C, because they are compatible?
Old 05-25-2016, 09:23 AM   #4
BRZoomTX

Drives: '13 BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmz0305 View Post
So you mean if I put in a A01C tune, my CAL id becomes B01C, because they are compatible?
OFT uses modified calibration ID's in their ROMs. B01C is the latest factory ROM which is compatible with A01C cars. OFT takes the B01C ROM, and manually modifies it to "appear" as an A01C ROM, which makes it "compatible" with your factory calibration ID.

It was confusing to me, too. You can just flash a B01C on any A01C or earlier car, and it'll work fine. But yes, B01C is compatible and able to be used on any car that is A01C. It includes some factory level ROM fixes which adjust direct injection timing controls and limitations to help correct DI seal failure issues.

OFT ROMs require their own definition files because the ROMs prior to B01C are all actually B01C ROMs, but just modified to appear as earlier revisions because OFT looks to match the calibration ID of your ECU to the ROM you are flashing. If it doesn't match, it won't flash.
Viper8 (08-23-2018)
Old 05-25-2016, 08:49 PM   #5
zmz0305

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRZoomTX View Post
OFT uses modified calibration ID's in their ROMs. B01C is the latest factory ROM which is compatible with A01C cars. OFT takes the B01C ROM, and manually modifies it to "appear" as an A01C ROM, which makes it "compatible" with your factory calibration ID.

It was confusing to me, too. You can just flash a B01C on any A01C or earlier car, and it'll work fine. But yes, B01C is compatible and able to be used on any car that is A01C. It includes some factory level ROM fixes which adjust direct injection timing controls and limitations to help correct DI seal failure issues.

OFT ROMs require their own definition files because the ROMs prior to B01C are all actually B01C ROMs, but just modified to appear as earlier revisions because OFT looks to match the calibration ID of your ECU to the ROM you are flashing. If it doesn't match, it won't flash.

OK I got it, thank you !