follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

View Poll Results: Female Or Not?
Female. 11 12.64%
Male. 76 87.36%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

Old 11-17-2012, 12:24 PM   #169
Christina_Marie

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FRS AT
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanoFA20 View Post
awesome. its nice to see women who are enthusiasts . met some cool people last night at my local subaru get together one girl is a time attack racer with her 04 sti pretty awesome drives with EFI Logics.
you bet !! we are few and far between, that's for sure ! but it is nice to know there are other female 86 enthusiasts out there (and guys who support us as well because we all know the scene is male driven, for sure lol). I think I am the only in my area (that I know of).
Christina_Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:30 PM   #170
clayrush

Drives: FRS,09 370z, 00 CelicaGT-S, 85 300Z
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
I voted female for my girlfriend. Because she is not on the forums.

Last edited by clayrush; 11-17-2012 at 12:32 PM. Reason: fix spelling
clayrush is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to clayrush For This Useful Post:
DanoFA20 (11-17-2012), JERZgrl88 (11-28-2012)
Old 11-17-2012, 12:42 PM   #171
ipothas

Drives: Whiteout FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I have now retitled this thread to "Official FR-S creep thread" lol post it up, ladies!

2013 Whiteout 6MT
ipothas is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ipothas For This Useful Post:
Giccin (11-17-2012), JERZgrl88 (11-28-2012)
Old 11-17-2012, 02:08 PM   #172
SVTSHC
(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ

Drives: 2015 Series Blue BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
My friend is a car nut, she's not SUPER knowledgeable but she tries and she's more than willing to learn.

What she does do is go to the track regularly and race her cousins Civic, Z4 or E92 M3. She's an oddball though, wouldn't drive a new car very often if it was given to her... kinda likes the beaters and loves old school civic hatch's.
Sweet girl though, definitely breaks the stereotype the way I wish more girls would.

To the lonely souls complaining about not being able to find a girl that really & honestly gives half a crap about anything auto related... have you actually tried looking before ya gave up? Open mind fellas, you'll have a much much harder time trying to find a girl that looks like a JDM model AND shares your passion. Be less shallow! I'm not saying you need to be considering Shrek's Fiona but I'll personally take a plain Jane that shares any of my many passions over a beautiful air head.

They're out there gents but ya gotta hunt! Don't expect them to come to you or you'll lose to the next guy ; trust me, girls that awesome have PLENTY of options.

"Sweet Subaru, sweet Subaru, send your BRZ unto me, for the roads of the unworthy must be baptized in speed and glory." ~Zaku
SVTSHC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SVTSHC For This Useful Post:
JERZgrl88 (11-28-2012)
Old 11-17-2012, 02:20 PM   #173
bestwheelbase

Drives: 1985 P-Type
Thanked 2,058 Times in 1,098 Posts
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Sharing passion & enthusiasm matters.
Y Chromosomes don't matter.
bestwheelbase is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bestwheelbase For This Useful Post:
DanoFA20 (11-17-2012), einzlr (11-17-2012), SVTSHC (11-17-2012)
Old 11-17-2012, 02:40 PM   #174
Christina_Marie

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FRS AT
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
We are definitely a rare breed, that's for sure - but don't count us out guys ! We exist !!

Me ? I am a HUGE FRS/BRZ/auto enthusiast in general. I have been following the release of the FRS/BRZ for just as long as some of you guys have. My mod list - will likely be just as lengthy as most of you as well. And yes, I do my own work on my FRS also, if not completely by myself with my guy friends, as they have more tools, car lifts, ect

Unfortunately, none of my (girl) friends share the same interest, so I am pretty alone in my hobby LOL. I spend mostly all of my work day on this forum and searching/researching parts/mods.

(no lie, ^ this is my desk at work, lol )

So yes, I am a female - on the internet, on a car forum (that I spend most of my day looking at, at that ! haha). And yes, I know how to drive MT.
Christina_Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Christina_Marie For This Useful Post:
DanoFA20 (11-17-2012), HotLeopardMama (11-21-2012), JERZgrl88 (11-28-2012)
Old 11-17-2012, 02:43 PM   #175
dsmx17
4g63>rotards

Drives: 98'GSX 11'Tundra 10'Wrangler
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Jesus Christ, is Dr. Phil on tv or something? Men like cars, Women like cars who cares? I'm pretty sure match.com or omgwtfbbqcargirls.com this topic would make more sense for the replys its getting.
dsmx17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 03:08 PM   #176
SVTSHC
(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ

Drives: 2015 Series Blue BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmx17 View Post
Jesus Christ, is Dr. Phil on tv or something? Men like cars, Women like cars who cares? I'm pretty sure match.com or omgwtfbbqcargirls.com this topic would make more sense for the replys its getting.

...or a thread titled "where are all the ladies"

"Sweet Subaru, sweet Subaru, send your BRZ unto me, for the roads of the unworthy must be baptized in speed and glory." ~Zaku
SVTSHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 03:22 PM   #177
einzlr

Drives: several
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bestwheelbase View Post
Sharing passion & enthusiasm matters.
Y Chromosomes don't matter.
<3

"Simplicate and add lightness." - Gordon Hooton
einzlr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to einzlr For This Useful Post:
bestwheelbase (11-17-2012)
Old 11-17-2012, 03:39 PM   #178
einzlr

Drives: several
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giccin View Post
+1. I hate going to car meets for that reason. The guys there always will look at me strangely when I ask about their car. They give me the "Dafuq you asking for?"
+1 million A shame there aren't more of us; we could hold our own meets

That said, the guys at motorsports events seem to have a different outlook and for them it's all about the shared interest no matter a person's gender. The only time I've heard it even mentioned was instructors telling me they prefer instructing women because we don't have ego issues like the guys do and pay better attention to what the instructors tell us.

Quote:
I never really liked the attention I got when I tell someone on a forum that I'm a female. So, ever since I've just.. hinted.
Yep; announcing it is pretty much e-suicide. Some car forums even have a warning in their welcome message when you sign up.

Quote:
I'm also slowly starting to notice how incredibly narrow minded some men/boys are on this forum. hah~
And yet they ain't got nothing on the XYs on some of the other car forums. One of the reasons I've stuck around here is that people generally are friendly (the mods must be doing something right - big thanks! ).

"Simplicate and add lightness." - Gordon Hooton
einzlr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to einzlr For This Useful Post:
bestwheelbase (11-17-2012), Giccin (11-18-2012)
Old 11-17-2012, 03:39 PM   #179
DanoFA20
Shift Down

Drives: Toyota 86, Mazda RX7 RaceCar (FC3S)
Garage
Quote:
Reviving this thread since there was another one made and something about repeated threads worded slightly in a different way doesn't seem right...

+1. I hate going to car meets for that reason. The guys there always will look at me strangely when I ask about their car. They give me the "Dafuq you asking for?"

I hate the ego sexuality complex that goes on there. Also the biggest reason why I find guys on this thread will somehow be speaking for all the women to be incredibly unlucky or just completely suck at finding the right woman.

A woman with passion for something and INTELLECT of something is substantially more beautiful when she loves the same thing as you do. If you plan on dating an import model be ready to have someone who loves materialistic things that will make them look too good for you.

Keep saying you'll never find one and you probably won't. Open up a little and find someone that's right for you in a sense of what you love to do. If not, that person isn't the right one.

+1

I never really liked the attention I got when I tell someone on a forum that I'm a female. So, ever since I've just.. hinted.

I'm also slowly starting to notice how incredibly narrow minded some men/boys are on this forum. hah~

Good thing I'm selective with who I talk with.. and I quite enjoy the people I chose to talk with. lol

Other than that.. I love starting arguments with people if they're going to give me a logical and civil argument back.
some of us dont spend our lives looking for other peoples threads that they may or may have not posted months ago or weeks ago ... smh.
DanoFA20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 03:44 PM   #180
DanoFA20
Shift Down

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipothas View Post
I have now retitled this thread to "Official FR-S creep thread" lol post it up, ladies!
you know i thought forums were for people who had a common interest and yet no matter how many different forums ive joined since i got into cars years ago they end up being all the same, snoody douche bags. i thought this one was for sure different since we all supposedly love the "heritage" of the 86 and had a common ground why do people go out of their way to be asshats..
Old 11-17-2012, 03:46 PM   #181
DanoFA20
Shift Down

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina_Marie View Post
you bet !! we are few and far between, that's for sure ! but it is nice to know there are other female 86 enthusiasts out there (and guys who support us as well because we all know the scene is male driven, for sure lol). I think I am the only in my area (that I know of).
i feel like the same way with most friends of mine.

a lot of them are like into mass transit and owning big houses and tvs. me i like motorsports personally always have since i was like 14 and im now 25. i notice i get along way better with people that are into cars or motorsports.

yet im starting to hate all forums because 99% of people are damn douche bags who just insult,tell you to "search" or just become obnoxious pricks.
Old 11-17-2012, 03:51 PM   #182
DanoFA20
Shift Down

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina_Marie View Post
We are definitely a rare breed, that's for sure - but don't count us out guys ! We exist !!

Me ? I am a HUGE FRS/BRZ/auto enthusiast in general. I have been following the release of the FRS/BRZ for just as long as some of you guys have. My mod list - will likely be just as lengthy as most of you as well. And yes, I do my own work on my FRS also, if not completely by myself with my guy friends, as they have more tools, car lifts, ect

Unfortunately, none of my (girl) friends share the same interest, so I am pretty alone in my hobby LOL. I spend mostly all of my work day on this forum and searching/researching parts/mods.

(no lie, ^ this is my desk at work, lol )

So yes, I am a female - on the internet, on a car forum (that I spend most of my day looking at, at that ! haha). And yes, I know how to drive MT.
thats awesome. wish i knew more girls like you. most girls around where i live dont even know what a gas cap is ...
The Following User Says Thank You to DanoFA20 For This Useful Post:
Christina_Marie (11-19-2012)