follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 11-09-2012, 01:45 AM   #2157
pansontw

Drives: Subaru Legacy
Mentioned: 83 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Just got here, interested in this vehicle and want to read more.
pansontw is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pansontw For This Useful Post:
Adam_L (01-26-2017)
Old 11-09-2012, 02:03 AM   #2158
einzlr

Drives: several
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaparmar View Post
Just placed a downpayment for my 'high spec' Toyota 86 in Thailand. Have a bit of an issue with the spoiler, and wish to replace it. Tried creating a thread for this, but I wasn't allowed. Anyone know how I go about this? Looking forward to frequent this site as an owner of this car.
Welcome! I think you need a minimum post count to be able to start new threads. I'd suggest participating in some of the existing conversations and if you still can't create threads after a few weeks then maybe ask one of the mods.

"Simplicate and add lightness." - Gordon Hooton
einzlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:54 PM   #2159
A5D5TRYR

Drives: FR-S 6MT Ultramarine (BeeDrill)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
So, I've been hanging around on these forums for the better part of the last 6 months and have been fairly excited about the twins since around when they started releasing production pictures of the cars. Finally joined and I look forward to being a part of the community here at FT86club.

On another note, I ordered an ultramarine FR-S 6MT back in September and it is expected to arrive in December. Very excited. Knowing my luck there will be 4 feet of snow when I get it.
A5D5TRYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:00 PM   #2160
VTG23

Drives: '12 GT86, '92 Turbo Del Sol VTEC
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Hey guys! Tudor from Romania (Europe ). I'm preparing to purchase a new GT86 and I wanted some advice from owners all around...
My question is: auto or manual?
My car will be a daily drive, 75% in major city, 25% highway. I've only been able to test drive the automatic since the manual the dealer owns is on press tour.
Being a daily drive I've seriously considered automatic, since it's more practical. But I do love a sporty feel. I'm coming out of a Honda Del Sol VTEC manual, so I know the manual does have it's own feel to it. However, I've been truly impressed by the automatic gb on the car I've tested, specially by the downshift behavior. Also should the automatic encounter problems on patches of snow/ice? We get sudden winters here (damn global warming) and I don't wanna see myself stuck in the parking lot of a mall staring at the car. This doesn't mean I intend to drive it to the north pole, just minor snow...

Any thoughts would be helpful. Thanks
VTG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:02 PM   #2161
Free Leonard
Wrath of Bong!

Drives: Raven FR-S, 91 Civic DX
hey everyone. New to this forum. Names Jeremy and i live in detroit. expecting my Raven FR-S to show up in december, pretty much gonna be the best christmas ever lol.
Free Leonard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:21 PM   #2162
cdo221

Drives: 2013 Ultramarine FR-S, 2015 RS 1.0
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Hi guys, just joined the forum a couple days ago. I have an ultramarine FR-S coming in to my dealership that has my name on it in a couple days! Just ordered a set of lights to swap out all the turn signals etc. when it gets here!
cdo221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 04:31 PM   #2163
A5D5TRYR

Drives: FR-S 6MT Ultramarine (BeeDrill)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTG23 View Post
Hey guys! Tudor from Romania (Europe ). I'm preparing to purchase a new GT86 and I wanted some advice from owners all around...
My question is: auto or manual?
My car will be a daily drive, 75% in major city, 25% highway. I've only been able to test drive the automatic since the manual the dealer owns is on press tour.
Being a daily drive I've seriously considered automatic, since it's more practical. But I do love a sporty feel. I'm coming out of a Honda Del Sol VTEC manual, so I know the manual does have it's own feel to it. However, I've been truly impressed by the automatic gb on the car I've tested, specially by the downshift behavior. Also should the automatic encounter problems on patches of snow/ice? We get sudden winters here (damn global warming) and I don't wanna see myself stuck in the parking lot of a mall staring at the car. This doesn't mean I intend to drive it to the north pole, just minor snow...

Any thoughts would be helpful. Thanks
Personally, I like driving manual even in city driving and on this car I don't think the clutch is really that heavy so it shouldn't be that bad. But I'm biased. I can't stand driving automatic and will probably never buy an automatic car unless I'm physically unable to drive manual. That being said I've heard the automatic in this car is actually pretty good, although from what I've read I don't think it is quite as fast and obviously not as involved. I personally wouldn't be deterred by a high amount of city driving because if you really like driving stick city driving will just let you enjoy shifting your own gears that much more often.
As for snow, I've not really noticed a huge advantage one way or the other with the cars I've driven but there is a little more control with a manual and I find it easier to slowly crawl out of snow by modulating the clutch than when I'm in an automatic, but that wouldn't be a decision-maker for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Leonard View Post
hey everyone. New to this forum. Names Jeremy and i live in detroit. expecting my Raven FR-S to show up in december, pretty much gonna be the best christmas ever lol.
My new car is showing up the same time as yours so I have to agree that this will be an awesome christmas. Congrats!
A5D5TRYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 05:28 PM   #2164
Free Leonard
Wrath of Bong!

Drives: Raven FR-S, 91 Civic DX
Thanks. And to you as well.
Free Leonard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 03:23 PM   #2165
FTultramarine86

Drives: 2013 FR-S Base 6spd Ultramarine
Hello all,

Recently picked up an Ultramarine FT86 6spd. Fun car and excellent chassis!! I may have to give it up soon due to a change in family dynamics, but here's hoping i get to keep her. It corners like no other car I've ever driven--super flat in the bends and very little dive/squat.

Who wouldn't want more power--but I look forward to becoming a better driver w/ the power it has and learn the car 1st--before adding more power.

Hope to keep it for a while.

FTultramarine86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:39 PM   #2166
Kentonic

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Just got my car October 9th took about 2 months to get delivered... well worth the wait. Love this car followed for a long time just waiting to be released. Some nights I just sit in the garage and wonder which upgrade I want to do next. So many things are possible and this is the best site to learn how to do it. With the combination of people's experience and professionalism here... you can't ask for more.
Kentonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:20 AM   #2167
Estey

Drives: Scion FR-S, Ultramarine
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Got a Ultramarine auto on the 2nd(:
I couldnt be happier. the MT would have been more fun, but i figured the auto is more economical and i needed a more efficient car than what i was driving.. that said i do wish i could have kept my toyota tacoma
Its bitter sweet, but the FR-S is excellent
Estey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:59 AM   #2168
Tech-guy

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS, 2008 Mazda 3
Hi, I am Richard from Alabama. I have been aware of the FRS/BRZ for several years. When I heard that it would be released in late May I emailed every Scion dealer in North Alabams and South Central Tenn asking about a Hot Lava car with manual transmission. Most dealers said "we get what we get and we will put you on the list". But Lander McClarty in Fayetteville, Tenn said "it is to late to order for June delivery but we will have it for you in July" and they did.

See post under the age and occupation thread.
Tech-guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:15 PM   #2169
Cajun

Drives: asphalt fr-s AT
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estey View Post
Got a Ultramarine auto on the 2nd(:
I couldnt be happier. the MT would have been more fun, but i figured the auto is more economical and i needed a more efficient car than what i was driving.. that said i do wish i could have kept my toyota tacoma
Its bitter sweet, but the FR-S is excellent
I had a Tacoma before this too. Don't miss it at all (yet)!Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352747701.080014.jpg
Views: 499
Size:  50.1 KB
Cajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:47 PM   #2170
XcessiveP

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Hey everyone. Picked up the whiteout last week. Best money I ever spent
Attached Images

XcessiveP is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags