follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Northwest

Northwest AK, ID, OR, WA

User Tag List

Old 12-14-2013, 03:40 PM   #1
tech4pdx
Make love

Drives: H8R.. Not really
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
BrzEdit tuned by PRE people

Those of you tuned on BrzEdit by PRE. I have some info that may or may not help you. I had to recently change to a new AGM battery since my last one was discharged to death. Anyways, after swapping in the new batt, I noticed that my idle dip issues are gone (with or without A/C on). I presume that the ECU reset did the trick.

Also, I heard that Toyota/Subaru have a new TSB to address idle dip as well (ECU flash). Might be worth exploring having that fix integrated into your tune.
tech4pdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 04:01 PM   #2
NickFRS

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FRS
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech4pdx View Post
Those of you tuned on BrzEdit by PRE. I have some info that may or may not help you. I had to recently change to a new AGM battery since my last one was discharged to death. Anyways, after swapping in the new batt, I noticed that my idle dip issues are gone (with or without A/C on). I presume that the ECU reset did the trick.

Also, I heard that Toyota/Subaru have a new TSB to address idle dip as well (ECU flash). Might be worth exploring having that fix integrated into your tune.
Any dealership flash will wipe off BRZedit. DO NOT HAVE THE DEALERSHIP FLASH YOUR CAR IF YOUR FI!!! Bobby said he was going to email BRZedit to see if they will be adding it to the maps. He hasn't gotten back to me yet. My battery was beat dead when I tried to start my car yesterday.... I need to find a new solid battery.

I'd tag Erich but idk what his tag is on here.
NickFRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 04:12 PM   #3
FRSfan111
Sideways and smiling!

Drives: First 86 FRS 5/8/2012 (second US)
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
What batteries are u guys running that died?
FRSfan111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 04:38 PM   #4
tech4pdx
Make love

BrzEdit tuned by PRE people

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFRS View Post
Any dealership flash will wipe off BRZedit. DO NOT HAVE THE DEALERSHIP FLASH YOUR CAR IF YOUR FI!!! Bobby said he was going to email BRZedit to see if they will be adding it to the maps. He hasn't gotten back to me yet. My battery was beat dead when I tried to start my car yesterday.... I need to find a new solid battery.

I'd tag Erich but idk what his tag is on here.
That's why I said to explore having the fix *integrated* into your tune. Lol

Besides.. I have never taken my car to the dealership. My dealership is PRE. Lol

I think Erich's tag is @PRE-Erich

Last edited by tech4pdx; 12-14-2013 at 04:49 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to tech4pdx For This Useful Post:
NickFRS (12-15-2013)
Old 12-14-2013, 04:42 PM   #5
tech4pdx
Make love

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRSfan111 View Post
What batteries are u guys running that died?
I was running the 11lb Braille, but that doesn't matter. What matters is that you should never discharge an AGM battery. They don't like that and it is very hard to bring them back to life. I bought another one (big crank, same design as Braille) for ~$70 at batterymart that is working great. I even installed the quick connect harness from my battery tender jr. to the battery terminals so that I can keep it maintained when I don't drive the car.
Old 12-15-2013, 05:48 PM   #6
NickFRS

Quote:
I was running the 11lb Braille, but that doesn't matter. What matters is that you should never discharge an AGM battery. They don't like that and it is very hard to bring them back to life. I bought another one (big crank, same design as Braille) for ~$70 at batterymart that is working great. I even installed the quick connect harness from my battery tender jr. to the battery terminals so that I can keep it maintained when I don't drive the car.
where should I go to get a new battery and what would you recommend Evan?
Old 12-15-2013, 06:15 PM   #7
FRSfan111
Sideways and smiling!

Drives: First 86 FRS 5/8/2012 (second US)
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Can you elaborate on the quick connect harness? Link/pics? Sounds like a good idea for sure!
FRSfan111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 07:04 PM   #8
tech4pdx
Make love

Quote:
where should I go to get a new battery and what would you recommend Evan?
Are you running a full-size or smaller?
Old 12-15-2013, 07:05 PM   #9
tech4pdx
Make love

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRSfan111 View Post
Can you elaborate on the quick connect harness? Link/pics? Sounds like a good idea for sure!
I'll post up some pics in a little bit.
Old 12-15-2013, 10:23 PM   #10
NickFRS

Quote:
Are you running a full-size or smaller?
ATM I have stock. But I wouldn't mind going smaller if I could to share weight. I canceled my order for the FT86 Speed factory battery. But my stock battery is dead... So it's a deff need to buy. Only issue I see is my 2 10's n 600w amp. Yo at FT86 wasn't sure if their battery would do the job.
Old 12-15-2013, 10:51 PM   #11
tech4pdx
Make love

Quote:
ATM I have stock. But I wouldn't mind going smaller if I could to share weight. I canceled my order for the FT86 Speed factory battery. But my stock battery is dead... So it's a deff need to buy. Only issue I see is my 2 10's n 600w amp. Yo at FT86 wasn't sure if their battery would do the job.
Don't know about the sound system, but if that is only 600w peak you should be fine (RMS would be lower). Also, as long as you only play your stereo with the car running, it should be fine. Do you have a car audio capacitor attached inline with your amp and battery? Anyways, if you do decide to go smaller, get the following (EXCELLENT value!):

http://ft86speedfactory.com/ft-86-sp...-tray-711.html

http://www.batterymart.com/p-Big-Cra...FdFafgodIjsACg

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/brl-2012k/overview/

It's exactly what I have. Notice the ETX14 battery at batterymart is way cheaper than the Braille (B14115), but it is the exact same battery. Don't believe the hype. There are only a few battery manufacturers and most shit is rebranded.

Also, to keep your battery fresh and maintained, get the following (has one of the lowest amperage outputs at 750mA) which is very appropriate for AGM batteries (it also comes with the quick connect harness):

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Battery-Tender-021-0123-Junior-Charger/dp/B000CITK8S"]Amazon.com: Battery Tender 021-0123 Battery Tender Junior 12V Battery Charger: Automotive[/ame]

Hope this helps.

Edit: I will be adding a newer gen bazooka bass tube (with the class D amp) to the stock setup soon. Not trying to get all gangsta, so I'll be happy with that. Still undecided on whether I'll get the double-ended one (2 woofers instead of 1). http://www.bazooka.com/products/mobi...ified-Tube-P41
Old 12-16-2013, 12:20 AM   #12
stockysnail
Just the tip

Drives: 2013 Lightning Red Subaru BRZ Mt Lt
Thanked 1,004 Times in 665 Posts
Mentioned: 176 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Don't know about the sound system, but if that is only 600w peak you should be fine (RMS would be lower). Also, as long as you only play your stereo with the car running, it should be fine. Do you have a car audio capacitor attached inline with your amp and battery? Anyways, if you do decide to go smaller, get the following (EXCELLENT value!):

It's exactly what I have. Notice the ETX14 battery at batterymart is way cheaper than the Braille (B14115), but it is the exact same battery. Don't believe the hype. There are only a few battery manufacturers and most shit is rebranded.

Also, to keep your battery fresh and maintained, get the following (has one of the lowest amperage outputs at 750mA) which is very appropriate for AGM batteries (it also comes with the quick connect harness):

Amazon.com: Battery Tender 021-0123 Battery Tender Junior 12V Battery Charger: Automotive

Hope this helps.

Edit: I will be adding a newer gen bazooka bass tube (with the class D amp) to the stock setup soon. Not trying to get all gangsta, so I'll be happy with that. Still undecided on whether I'll get the double-ended one (2 woofers instead of 1). http://www.bazooka.com/products/mobi...ified-Tube-P41
Why do you need the battery terminal posts from Summit Racing when it says the battery comes with brass terminal posts? Do they not work properly?
stockysnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 01:09 AM   #13
tech4pdx
Make love

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockysnail View Post
Why do you need the battery terminal posts from Summit Racing when it says the battery comes with brass terminal posts? Do they not work properly?
The battery doesn't come with the brass terminal posts.
Old 12-16-2013, 02:07 AM   #14
NickFRS

Quote:

Amazon.com: Battery Tender 021-0123 Battery Tender Junior 12V Battery Charger: Automotive

Hope this helps.

Looks like it's time to place some orders! I just have 2 type S alpine 10's that are detuned on the amp. (they are there to make my rock sound better) I have all stock everything else. Very happy with it. The two 10's sit where the rear seat useto be. So instead of butts in the back there are 2 10's.... I mainly like keeping my speaker bass at 0 and my sub up just a tad.

Bazooka tubes do a good job. I had one in a ford ranger and my buddy still rocks it after I sold it in his F250. 2 years old going strong!

thx!
The Following User Says Thank You to NickFRS For This Useful Post:
tech4pdx (12-16-2013)