follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 02-17-2017, 11:11 PM   #71
Wondark
Driver

Drives: MY17 CWP BRZ Limited w/PP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2017-BRZ View Post
I was told I had to wait 3 to 4 months for mine and then I receive a phone call 2 weeks later saying my car arrived. What happened was a car was previously ordered exactly to my spec and the deal fell through.. so I was called to pick it up.

But in my case a spring pick up with a well cleaned and prepped garage was what I was hoping for..but still glad I have exactly what I wanted.
Congrats on your car! Do you have pictures? I'm looking around but haven't seen them yet. Still a bit of a noob dealing with the forums/threads.
Wondark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 07:43 AM   #72
Wondark
Driver

Almost there guys (or at least I hope)! The last info I got from the dealership was March 1st, so here's to it probably being this week.

Thank you all for keeping me entertained for the last 2+ months and I appreciate the "we're all gonna make it bro" mentality.
Old 02-27-2017, 11:36 AM   #73
Prax

Drives: 2017 BRZ Inazuma Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wondark View Post
Almost there guys (or at least I hope)! The last info I got from the dealership was March 1st, so here's to it probably being this week.

Thank you all for keeping me entertained for the last 2+ months and I appreciate the "we're all gonna make it bro" mentality.
I ordered mine in the beginning of February and it came in after only 2 weeks (was already in the country). Now it sits in the garage waiting for winter to end and it just keeps getting colder and snowier. The anticipation is actually killing me slowly.

One thing for sure, I am moving out of this Country the minute my mortgage is paid off. Winter is not for humans that want to be happy.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Prax is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Prax For This Useful Post:
Wondark (02-27-2017)
Old 02-27-2017, 04:15 PM   #74
Wondark
Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prax View Post
I ordered mine in the beginning of February and it came in after only 2 weeks (was already in the country). Now it sits in the garage waiting for winter to end and it just keeps getting colder and snowier. The anticipation is actually killing me slowly.

One thing for sure, I am moving out of this Country the minute my mortgage is paid off. Winter is not for humans that want to be happy.

Nah, just get some snow tires and put a plow on the front of it!

I live in some pretty fickle weather, we are shorts and shirt one day then 3 layers of clothing the next. This applies for Jan Feb Mar and Oct Nov Dec. Snow doesn't happen all that often but even if half an inch happens we call it a french toast hazard and people make a blitz to the grocery for the "French Toast Fixins" (which consists of bread, milk, and eggs you know for the snowpocalypse about to happen). There is a literal fear of not being able to escape the house due to this. Countless people in ditches everywhere and school gets called off for a week! Pretty much how it is when sprinkles a few drops of rain in California.

Last edited by Wondark; 02-27-2017 at 04:19 PM. Reason: I added a picture!
Old 02-27-2017, 04:35 PM   #75
Prax

Quote:

I live in some pretty fickle weather, we are shorts and shirt one day then 3 layers of clothing the next. This applies for Jan Feb Mar and Oct Nov Dec. Snow doesn't happen all that often but even if half an inch happens we call it a french toast hazard and people make a blitz to the grocery for the "French Toast Fixins" (which consists of bread, milk, and eggs you know for the snowpocalypse about to happen). There is a literal fear of not being able to escape the house due to this. Countless people in ditches everywhere and school gets called off for a week! Pretty much how it is when sprinkles a few drops of rain in California.
Yea, it's the same here. I don't want to have 3 sets of tires for one car though. Track tires, summer tires, good enough.

I already have 4 sets of tires between my wife's car and my daily driver, I think I'd need a much bigger job (and paycheck) to have three brand new sets for the BRZ.

So much salt on the roads here too.

Old 02-27-2017, 04:44 PM   #76
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:

Meh. Just get a diffuser and back through it!
Attached Images

Prax (02-27-2017), softgrip (02-27-2017), Wondark (02-27-2017)
Old 02-28-2017, 07:37 PM   #77
XK4

Drives: 2017 BRZ, Pure Red with PP
Finally!!!

Just got word from my dealer that my 2017 PP in Pure Red will be in on March 13th. Now the question is... how the hell do I get any sleep 'till then?
XK4 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to XK4 For This Useful Post:
bcj (03-01-2017), Prax (02-28-2017), Tcoat (02-28-2017), Wondark (02-28-2017)
Old 02-28-2017, 08:47 PM   #78
tacos

Drives: 09 impreza, 01 crv, 17 brz PP
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
sales rep at sewell sent me this earlier

pickin 'er up on friday!!
tacos is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tacos For This Useful Post:
bcj (03-01-2017), mjanmohammad (03-02-2017), spike021 (03-01-2017), Tcoat (02-28-2017)
Old 02-28-2017, 09:18 PM   #79
Last Lemming Alive

Drives: WRB 2017 BRZ Limited w/ PP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I hate waiting for anything. I walked into the dealer, saw my perfect combo, test drove the car and bought it that same day. Total wait time 2 hours

I'm sure your wait will be worth it!!
Last Lemming Alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 11:49 PM   #80
Wondark
Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by XK4 View Post
Just got word from my dealer that my 2017 PP in Pure Red will be in on March 13th. Now the question is... how the hell do I get any sleep 'till then?
I totally understand!

I have some new news...

2-27-17 I call the dealership knowing that they are expecting it this week to get a specific date and to find out if they will have the parts installed that I requested from the dealership. They can't find my salesmen (like I care) to answer my questions so I ask that they help me answer them anyway. The young sounding guy on the phone does not appear to be a person able to give me answers but is willing to try. I ask him if my parts are in for the car and can they be installed before I receive my car. I ask him when exactly the car will be there and if I can expect to pick it up this week. I also would like to discuss a new estimate for the vehicle price with the new parts installed.

I got few answers to any of these questions even after being told they would need to speak to someone else to get the answers. Why can't I just speak to those people? I am told that my car will be in on 2-28-17 though and that is good right? Well today I went in to the dealership fairly early because I wanted to see if the car was actually there. I wanted to speak to someone in person because I don't like when people hide behind "he's not here at the moment" or "let me go ask someone". I pull into the lot and drive around a couple of times weaving out and in some of the cars for sale and near the garage. I didn't see my car (or any brz as usual) on the lot and it didn't really surprise me. So I walk in there and talk to the lady at the desk and she asks how she can help us. I let her know that I'm waiting on a car and was told it should be in today and would like to know how that is going. She asks who my salesperson was and I don't mind letting her know so that she can get him. He walks up and says "I just got done looking at the status on your car, literally some minutes ago." I say "and how is it coming along?" He leads me towards his office and lets me know that he just got to the office as well (in case you are wondering we got there just before noon) and let me know it's not good he got there when he did because it means he will be in late. So my response is "sorry to hear that, how is the car coming along". "Well it looks like we didn't get and invoice for your car so at least another 2 weeks." Inside I am burning like a thousand suns and do my best to not want to break something.

To be continued...literally just because I need to quit thinking about it for a bit.
The Following User Says Thank You to Wondark For This Useful Post:
XK4 (03-01-2017)
Old 03-01-2017, 01:35 AM   #81
Prax

The struggle is real!!!

Old 03-01-2017, 03:52 AM   #82
XK4

Drives: 2017 BRZ, Pure Red with PP
Quote:
I totally understand!

I have some new news...

2-27-17 I call the dealership knowing that they are expecting it this week to get a specific date and to find out if they will have the parts installed that I requested from the dealership. They can't find my salesmen (like I care) to answer my questions so I ask that they help me answer them anyway. The young sounding guy on the phone does not appear to be a person able to give me answers but is willing to try. I ask him if my parts are in for the car and can they be installed before I receive my car. I ask him when exactly the car will be there and if I can expect to pick it up this week. I also would like to discuss a new estimate for the vehicle price with the new parts installed.

I got few answers to any of these questions even after being told they would need to speak to someone else to get the answers. Why can't I just speak to those people? I am told that my car will be in on 2-28-17 though and that is good right? Well today I went in to the dealership fairly early because I wanted to see if the car was actually there. I wanted to speak to someone in person because I don't like when people hide behind "he's not here at the moment" or "let me go ask someone". I pull into the lot and drive around a couple of times weaving out and in some of the cars for sale and near the garage. I didn't see my car (or any brz as usual) on the lot and it didn't really surprise me. So I walk in there and talk to the lady at the desk and she asks how she can help us. I let her know that I'm waiting on a car and was told it should be in today and would like to know how that is going. She asks who my salesperson was and I don't mind letting her know so that she can get him. He walks up and says "I just got done looking at the status on your car, literally some minutes ago." I say "and how is it coming along?" He leads me towards his office and lets me know that he just got to the office as well (in case you are wondering we got there just before noon) and let me know it's not good he got there when he did because it means he will be in late. So my response is "sorry to hear that, how is the car coming along". "Well it looks like we didn't get and invoice for your car so at least another 2 weeks." Inside I am burning like a thousand suns and do my best to not want to break something.

To be continued...literally just because I need to quit thinking about it for a bit.

I'm not sure how you held it together. I'd have been tempted to cancel the deal, walk out the door and find another dealer. Hopefully I shouldn't have this problem. This is the fifth Subaru we've bought from this dealer and the fourth from the same salesman. So far he's been upfront and accurate with his information.
XK4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 10:35 PM   #83
osidak

Drives: '17 BRZ w/PP
Well I ordered my '17 WRB Limited the first week of Jan. Was initially told 8 weeks no longer than 10... That became 12 weeks. As of yesterday I still didn't have a VIN but Subaru and the dealer claimed I would have it in March.

Found a Silver PP car at another dealer and worked out a price I was happy with and went to the dealer today to say I needed a firm delivery date or I needed to cancel.

They couldn't give me one but offered a 17 Silver PP on their lot. Initial price offered was 30,500 out the door (popular option 2 was included) I offered 29500 and that is were we settled.

I was happy with the price that includes just under $900 in sales tax and $600 in dealer ripof..... I mean document fees

I drove her home tonight

I love WRB - everytime I see one I know I am going do a double take but the silver was my second choice... My 911 is sliver as well and my last DD was Silver.... Guess I have a thing for Silver
osidak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 08:03 PM   #84
Wondark
Driver

OK guys, I got my car today!

I'm not even going to finish my initial discussion or talk about how badly I was screwed over at purchase.

It's done and I'm happy with the car. For future reference, unless you make a great deal up front, don't order a car just buy one from the lot (even if you have to go to another state). I will also say if you don't like the experience or if you didn't shop around, you can only blame yourself.
The Following User Says Thank You to Wondark For This Useful Post:
spike021 (03-03-2017)