follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 04-02-2014, 10:23 PM   #939
jsummers0123

Drives: Black 2014 FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How do you import new maps? Just got my OFT today and tested it out. The power increase in the higher RPMs is obvious and I'm very happy with it so far. I plugged the OFT into my laptop to attempt downloading a new map, so I'd be ready to download new maps as they come out, but I'm having some trouble. Here's what I did: downloaded 1.58, extracted the files to my laptop, downloaded OF Manager, erased 2 files, and then tried to import files into OF Manager. In the OF Manager I tried Download Data, Upload Data, and Modfiles DataBase tabs with no luck. When I try to select a file, it will only let me select DBdiff files to import. But the files are not DBdiff.
jsummers0123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 05:21 AM   #940
steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsummers0123 View Post
How do you import new maps? Just got my OFT today and tested it out. The power increase in the higher RPMs is obvious and I'm very happy with it so far. I plugged the OFT into my laptop to attempt downloading a new map, so I'd be ready to download new maps as they come out, but I'm having some trouble. Here's what I did: downloaded 1.58, extracted the files to my laptop, downloaded OF Manager, erased 2 files, and then tried to import files into OF Manager. In the OF Manager I tried Download Data, Upload Data, and Modfiles DataBase tabs with no luck. When I try to select a file, it will only let me select DBdiff files to import. But the files are not DBdiff.

You have to delete the modfiles database before you can load individual tunes

see here

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56024

or here

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53983
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 10:37 AM   #941
HSayaovong

Drives: blk;2dr;rwd;fun
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsmar View Post
Actually it was a completely different tune that I made my self for a friends car. I just did a few small tweaks and did a few pulls to see how it did. I just didn't have the OTS vs stock plot otherwise I would have posted that. The difference in power was minimal. Remeber the OTS are generic one size fits most so it's not pushing as aggressively as the tune posted above as that was a tune for one single car.

Thick was the tune I made. Thin was OTS 1.55 dashed was stock.
Mind sharing exactly what it was that you tweaked?
Old 04-03-2014, 02:56 PM   #942
nelsmar

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 2,361 Times in 1,031 Posts
Mentioned: 345 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSayaovong View Post
Mind sharing exactly what it was that you tweaked?
I started with a stock ROM file, modified the fuel table to my likings, then took the stock ignition table and migrated the timing back and forth until it was more "flat", then built my ignition tables from there. Same thing with the VVT maps in which I used a dyno and changed a a few degree's at a time testing a number of things to build the maps for. It wasn't just a simple adjustment of 2-3 cells, these maps were not based off of the OTS maps. Basically I made the tweaks in the same way that Shiv made the OTS maps. You could tweak the OTS and likely get the same results.
Old Setup: Vortech Supercharged 360WHP/262WTQ @ 11.5psi
My build thread - WTF happened to nelsmar's car thread
nelsmar is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nelsmar For This Useful Post:
Turdinator (04-03-2014)
Old 04-03-2014, 04:19 PM   #943
Mirko

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Guys a CEL just appeared on the dash while driving to a car meet. The oft says p0420 which is the "Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold" fault code.
I have been running jdl uel headers and stage 2 uel for almost a week and 600 kms with no issues... any suggestions? (European car and tune, 6MT)
Mirko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 05:35 PM   #944
FingR-S
I got sucked into boost..

Drives: Whiteout FR-S & Supercharged BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2R View Post
Yes the 1.55 stage one is excellent. I guarantee if Shiv tuned the twins for Toyota/Subaru before releasing them all those "only thing wrong with car...."reviews would never exist.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

^ What he said^
I just got my OFT 1.55 stage 1 tune on Sunday - and Shiv called me on his day off to help me with a snag since I have an early model FR-S - I couldn't be happier with the performance!! It was raining all day on Monday and couldn't go test it thoroughly, then hit traffic almost every time to work this week.. so I finally got to check it out today and I was really impressed. I was already doing about 40 and punched it up to bleepness and hands down much quicker in that range than before.
Smooth linear response compared to stock all the way up to 7400. I notice the cams sounding really nice at around 4500rpm and up. It didn't sound like this before the tune. Also car runs a hair quieter or perhaps its a slightly different tone and not as loud in the loudest frequency range it was putting out before.
Feels factory fresh!!
The Following User Says Thank You to FingR-S For This Useful Post:
DC2R (04-03-2014)
Old 04-03-2014, 08:04 PM   #945
steve99
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirko View Post
Guys a CEL just appeared on the dash while driving to a car meet. The oft says p0420 which is the "Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold" fault code.
I have been running jdl uel headers and stage 2 uel for almost a week and 600 kms with no issues... any suggestions? (European car and tune, 6MT)
Assume you have catless headers ? if so go into ROMRAIDER and disable the CEL code
Old 04-04-2014, 03:30 AM   #946
Fizz
Senior Addict

Drives: 86 GT
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Im having difficulty uploading new tune maps into my OFT. I know that I need to delete the existing maps in the ModFiles database, but when I click on it I get an error pop-up:
"Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index"

I have no idea what that means. When I click "OK" on the pop-up it asks me if I want to save a log file?

Anyway I've managed to delete the existing mod files by going into Upload Data....but then I'm still not able to upload any map because when I try to save the zip file it's in a VLC media file format. Im so lost...?
Fizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 04:04 AM   #947
Mirko

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve99 View Post
Assume you have catless headers ? if so go into ROMRAIDER and disable the CEL code
Yes I do have catless headers but I thought that the stage2 tune would have solved the cel...

Thank you for your advice, Ill try
Mirko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 05:42 AM   #948
steve99
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizz View Post
Im having difficulty uploading new tune maps into my OFT. I know that I need to delete the existing maps in the ModFiles database, but when I click on it I get an error pop-up:
"Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index"

I have no idea what that means. When I click "OK" on the pop-up it asks me if I want to save a log file?

Anyway I've managed to delete the existing mod files by going into Upload Data....but then I'm still not able to upload any map because when I try to save the zip file it's in a VLC media file format. Im so lost...?
unzip the downloaded file it will then be .bin format will upload straight to OFT via "Upload Data" in open flash manager don't use "mod files database" as it propriety .dev format.
Old 04-04-2014, 06:45 AM   #949
Fizz
Senior Addict

Drives: 86 GT
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve99 View Post
unzip the downloaded file it will then be .bin format will upload straight to OFT via "Upload Data" in open flash manager don't use "mod files database" as it propriety .dev format.
Thanks....uploaded successfully to OFT.
Fizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 07:42 AM   #950
Lytheum

Drives: 2013 BRZ Premium 6MT
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
So I flashed back to stock to take my car in for service.

I bumped the gas on accident just after start up and noticed I disabled vvt(stuck at 0). I shut it off and started again and it seems to be working now. Any reason to reflash or it should be fully functional now?

Also I noticed IAM is stuck at 0...does this not log on stock ROM? 700c?
Old 04-04-2014, 10:28 AM   #951
Vmax911

Drives: WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
The VVT has to recalibrate after a flash, doesn't take very long at all.

No IAM on stock 700C.
Vmax911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 03:35 AM   #952
Lemar58

Drives: Scion FR-S
Can someone explain to me the differences in the maps on the OTS v1.58. Like when I open stage 1, there are 5 different options (Stg1 700,Stg1 900, Stg1 A00D, Stg1 A01D, Stg1 B01D)?

Nooby Question, but what are the differences between them?

Also, when I try to upload any but Stg A01D I get a "The File selected is not complaint"
Im new to tuning so some help would be great. I have an intake and catback exhaust but no headers yet.
Lemar58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
#lolwut, divinecomedy, dopeandcashcabinet, free shiv now, goddamitimissedit, golden cage, i missed the show, looks good, missed the fun, omgbbq, shiv 2016, thefatandthefurriest